MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are the mother and father both from Monroe, NC? Thanks in advance and praying for this sweet girl and her family.

Father (RB) lives in Atlanta Ga, and is from Baltimore, I think. I thought he said this, but I can't find a source right now.
Mom (JS) lives in Monroe, NC, and is from Chicago (from interview on Peas in Their Pods).

Whoa. The last half of the interview above is really crucial to listen to.
This is what JS said (paraphrased)

RB told MJ to stay away from the apartment. JS wanted to talk to him, wanted to see his face and eyes.
RB does not let DB talk to anyone.
What JS heard from DB, regarding the time line on Tuesday (the day PB disappeared) was that MJ (she calls him "Mike") said he saw her sleeping at 1:30. Then, at 5 pm, MJ texted DB and said that PB was up and active.
WHAT?? Hang on a minute...

SS (JB's older sister, JS's oldest daughter) talked to PB on Monday. During that phone call on Monday, PB told SS that one of the guys had made a sexual advance at PB, and she had rejected him, and that she felt uncomfortable.
Again, WHAT?? Who WAS this guy? That sure looks like a smoking gun to me.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...default&clipId=5445822&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

RB told MJ to stay away from the apartment. JS wanted to talk to him, wanted to see his face and eyes.
What JS heard from DB, regarding the time line on Tuesday (the day PB disappeared) was that MJ (she calls him "Mike") said he saw her sleeping at 1:30. Then, at 5 pm, MJ texted DB and said that PB was up and active.

SS (JB's older sister, JS's oldest daughter) talked to PB on Monday. During that phone call on Monday, PB told SS that one of the guys had made a sexual advance at PB, and she had rejected him, and that she felt uncomfortable.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...default&clipId=5445822&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

IF this "up and active" thing is true, then that really bothers me.

I'm going to take another approach here. The marijuana, the vodka... we know about, right? What do we not know about? Maybe they gave her something else... And maybe she didn't fall asleep but rather passed out, or had some sort of reaction. Maybe this other man slipped her something so she couldn't/wouldn't resist him. I don't know but I think it's possible.

But maybe she didn't tolerate it well. I'm thinking something like Natalie Holloway here, or at least the theories: that she had a bad reaction to something she was slipped by Joran. MOO

IF this "up and active" thing is true, then that really bothers me.

I'm going to take another approach here. The marijuana, the vodka... we know about, right? What do we not know about? Maybe they gave her something else... And maybe she didn't fall asleep but rather passed out, or had some sort of reaction. Maybe this other man slipped her something so she couldn't/wouldn't resist him. I don't know but I think it's possible.

But maybe she didn't tolerate it well. I'm thinking something like Natalie Holloway here, or at least the theories: that she had a bad reaction to something she was slipped by Joran. MOO
(BBM)

Oh, very good post. I had been rattling a theory about this in my mind, and you nailed it. The "up and active" comment really makes sense with this theory.

This poor girl. I have no clue what happened to her but I do think the Bf to be behind what ever it was. The loud music playing is the only thing keeping me from falling in line with a drugged or accidental overdose theory.

The loud music playing when the roomates arrived home and found the door unlocked makes me think she was assaulted and forced to leave the apartment without her phone.
The dogs following her scent to the parking lot and her being in her slippers support the idea she was not planing on going anywhere.

The text messages could her been sent to the sister by anyone and even could have been staged. The timeline could be way different than it is currently due any number of people in the house being involved.

What JS heard from DB, regarding the time line on Tuesday (the day PB disappeared) was that MJ (she calls him "Mike") said he saw her sleeping at 1:30. Then, at 5 pm, MJ texted DB and said that PB was up and active. (This is at minute 11:45 in the video)

SS (JB's older sister, JS's oldest daughter) talked to PB on Monday. During that phone call on Monday, PB told SS that one of the guys had made a sexual advance at PB, and she had rejected him, and that she felt uncomfortable. (This is at minute 16:45 i the video)

I listened to the video again, and marked the times of the two sections (BBM above).

Loud music playing... maybe to cover the sounds of an assault?

Unlocked doors... someone left in a hurry?

5pm text... red herring?

Unwanted sexual advances... HUGE RED FLAG

Haul them all in and lock them up till they start talking... Someone was in that apartment and they know what happened to Phylicia. The last half of the interview basically confirms that she did not run away.

Loud music playing... maybe to cover the sounds of an assault?

Unlocked doors... someone left in a hurry?

5pm text... red herring?

Unwanted sexual advances... HUGE RED FLAG

Haul them all in and lock them up till they start talking... Someone was in that apartment and they know what happened to Phylicia. The last half of the interview basically confirms that she did not run away.

BBM

I think this stands out to me for two reasons:

1) it was someone who didn't feel any type of ownership to the apartment or the contents inside - just didn't care

2) it was someone who didn't have a free hand to lock the door with, because s/he was too busy trying to hold up a very sedated young woman... :(

MOO

Poor Phylicia; now another tragedy in Baltimore, the shooting of an officer, will tie up resources further...

I do hope the LE is not veering too far away from those who were known to be in the apartment...the door also may have been left open to make it look as though a random stranger happened by and took her...

...(snip)...

Going back to this again.

- the text at 5pm: who divulged this and when? She's been missing almost two weeks and this is the first I've heard of this text. I know that MSM can get things wrong, but this is a difference of 4 1/2 hours - I think this is huge. This would mean that 1:30 was NOT the last time MJ saw her, yet that's what he wanted LE to think. And DB, as well. So there's something about that afternoon that they were trying to keep secret.

- the advances that made her uncomfortable: This doesn't surprise me at all when you've got a 16-yr-old girl in an apartment with "at least" 20 different men coming and going. Sounds like a party atmosphere and someone was bound to hit on her -- and DB would know that. Any adult would know that and not put their little sister in such a situation.

I think at least one person in that inner circle of three knows what happened. Has anyone pulled up any info yet while sleuthing? I found one thing on DB, but there are tons of records for folks with the same name as KB and MJ, so it's hard to weed it out and know which - if any - of those records have to do with the folks in this case.

I just hate that this poor girl was put into a situation involving a number of grown men, when all she wanted to do was spend time with her sisters, doing girly things...

My heart is breaking watching this father organize his own ground searches.

If anyone has any contact with the family they can look at www.ncmissingpersons.org

CUE center is right there in their backyard and if they fill out their advocacy forms. Monica is a family advocate and she is an expert search and rescue K-9 handler with teams all across the country. I am a big fan of the CUE center as their track record in locating the missing speaks for itself. Monica Caison is god's angel on this earth to the families of the missing. Never in my life have I seen someone give their all and never ask for anything in return.

Blessing for this family and prayers their little girl comes home safely.

My heart is breaking watching this father organize his own ground searches.

Me, too. I was telling DH about it and he said that he didn't have other responsibilities this weekend, that he would go (we're about an hour away). He seriously thought about going for that reason - that it seems so sad that a parent has to do that, so desperate... :(

I think at least one person in that inner circle of three knows what happened. Has anyone pulled up any info yet while sleuthing? I found one thing on DB, but there are tons of records for folks with the same name as KB and MJ, so it's hard to weed it out and know which - if any - of those records have to do with the folks in this case.

Quoting myself b/c I really want to look at these backgrounds. Is there any way to narrow it down? Does someone have an article that points out ages, other than DB?

Thanks!

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26417113/detail.html

POSTED: 10:57 am EST January 9, 2011
UPDATED: 11:49 am EST January 9, 2011

BALTIMORE -- Friends, volunteers and members of the Guardian Angles joined family members to search the apartment complex where a 16-year-old North Carolina girl was last seen before vanishing into thin air twelve days ago.

The Guardian Angles vowed to keep searching for Phylicia Barnes until she was found.

Quoting myself b/c I really want to look at these backgrounds. Is there any way to narrow it down? Does someone have an article that points out ages, other than DB?

Thanks!

Bouncing off of Belimom, does anyone have a reference that states whether KB is older than DB or younger? I have found some non-incriminating records for KB, but not 100% sure it is her.
Struggling as well with MJ.

- the text at 5pm: who divulged this and when? She's been missing almost two weeks and this is the first I've heard of this text. I know that MSM can get things wrong, but this is a difference of 4 1/2 hours - I think this is huge. This would mean that 1:30 was NOT the last time MJ saw her, yet that's what he wanted LE to think. And DB, as well. So there's something about that afternoon that they were trying to keep secret. <<snipped by me>>

The 5 pm text was divulged by JS, in an interview. You can hear it in her own words. She heard it from DB. The interview is back on p. 9, near the bottom. at min. 11:45.
I assume that JS told LE this, and that they investigated and found it was wrong. OR they investigated, and it is leading them to a suspect and for some reason they are keeping it quiet. It doesn't make sense to me why it hasn't been reported at all. Actually, the way the time line is being reported doesn't make sense at all. Her family tells a different story than LE. And the father's side and the mother's side tell different stories. I don't know what to think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back