MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please read this article's comments section. KB leaves some comments there.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/12/31/mom-of-missing-n-c-teen-speaks-out/

Oh I feel so bad for this family. What a smart, beautiful young woman and what a horrible situation in which she vanished.

I noticed KB says that the devil is trying to tear the family apart. I'm betting DB is siding with her boyfriend and not willing to allow her man to be accused or questioned by the family. I pray that DB had nothing to do with this.....but she should know her sister well enough to know that Phylicia wasn't the type to run away.

Please read this article's comments section. KB leaves some comments there.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/12/31/mom-of-missing-n-c-teen-speaks-out/

I also

found KB's facebook, however, it is set to private. I'm starting to get bits and pieces

on sleuthing KB and DB. The MJ is difficult and I'm still working on that. I just do not

get in trouble or a timeout. If I find anything important , I will get it cleared by a

mod first. Still praying hard for Phylicia and her family. I hope that they will get some

news soon.

I found lots of stuff on several KB's... but who knows if/what any of it is the KB here. If you're able to narrow it down, that's great. I'd be interested to see what's there. Thanks...

I can't seem to find any reports that LE took any search dogs (scent or cadaver) into the bldg that PB was last seen?

I can't seem to find any reports that search warrants were obtained and the premises in which PB was reportedly last seen searched? With CSI too?

Am I missing something? No links needed. Just tell me if I did thank you.

Yes, I am particularly interested in this myself (to find out as much as I can on the above). I have a constituent that isn't too far away that I believe would be very helpful with several elements. I am tempted to make contact with her but the more information I have on what has and has not been done would be helpful.

"Friends, volunteers and members of the Guardian Angels joined family members Saturday to search the apartment complex where a 16-year-old North Carolina girl was last seen before disappearing 12 days ago.

Sunday, Baltimore City police searched for Phylicia Barnes in Patapsco Valley State Park along the Howard/Baltimore county lines. The search was in an area near the old Simkins Industries Paper Mill along River Road near the Patapsco River. A helicopter was brought in to assist search teams."

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26417113/detail.html

"Friends, volunteers and members of the Guardian Angels joined family members Saturday to search the apartment complex where a 16-year-old North Carolina girl was last seen before disappearing 12 days ago.

Sunday, Baltimore City police searched for Phylicia Barnes in Patapsco Valley State Park along the Howard/Baltimore county lines. The search was in an area near the old Simkins Industries Paper Mill along River Road near the Patapsco River. A helicopter was brought in to assist search teams."

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26417113/detail.html

Have they gotten cell phone pings from any of these key players, such as MJ...? That would be a good place to start. But would he have to be named a POI in order to get the records from the phone company? Or can they check where he has been, search there, and work backwards if they find something. I guess I kinda know the answer - they need a warrant first to get the info. I just wish they would start there...

*sigh* i'm afraid this isnt gonna end well...

I've watched crime shows all weekend and i'm a bit jaded today. I just hope her family doesnt find her body like Kristi Coswell's brother.

Have they gotten cell phone pings from any of these key players, such as MJ...? That would be a good place to start. But would he have to be named a POI in order to get the records from the phone company? Or can they check where he has been, search there, and work backwards if they find something. I guess I kinda know the answer - they need a warrant first to get the info. I just wish they would start there...

The article says that "no specific information" was given to them to prompt the search at the state park, but I personally am finding that hard to believe. Why would they search all of the way over there with a helicopter? I think there had to be some sort of evidence or statement that led them in that direction.

Yes, I am particularly interested in this myself (to find out as much as I can on the above). I have a constituent that isn't too far away that I believe would be very helpful with several elements. I am tempted to make contact with her but the more information I have on what has and has not been done would be helpful.

Since the Guardian Angels have been involved, I wonder if they would have any information or would be willing to share it with you? Might be worth a try.

Here's what I have on search dogs used in this search.
http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26386854/detail.html
Dozens of investigators searched Leakin Park earlier this week, using search and seizure dogs, cadaver dogs, helicopters and a dive team.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=154094&catid=57
Police brought search dogs to the apartment complex where the teen was last seen. but relatives say the dogs lost Phylicia Barnes' scent in the parking lot.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13760032
"We are getting a little concerned here," Baltimore Police Officer Anthony Guglielmi said. "That it's now approaching three days. We have contacted the Maryland State Police blood hounds Unit. We have also notified the Baltimore police homicide section."

The article says that "no specific information" was given to them to prompt the search at the state park, but I personally am finding that hard to believe. Why would they search all of the way over there with a helicopter? I think there had to be some sort of evidence or statement that led them in that direction.

Maybe they are going off of cell phone pings? They've said all along they had no leads, but then the last two days they have said they were going over everyone's statements again, and interviewing them again to find any holes. So maybe they found a hole.

It is very striking that Mike is the only person who had ALL answers to Phylicia's activity on the day in question. I believe Phylicia may have been at the apt still, the night before, which would be Monday night (if) we can at least half believe Dana's story; unless something happened in the middle of Tues morning. I would lean more so on, something happened to Phylicia later on in the morning (the day in question) after Dana left the residence. As we know, the timing is limited, there-fore, Phylicia can not be too far away for one to have traveled with her; then, return with-in a matter of a couple of hours give or take. That includes, the actual incident that took place, then, leaving to a destination, time to drop Phylicia off somewhere once getting to that area. Did they have to do work to hide Phylicia or just drop her off, then return back to apt or where-ever they returned to.

It is very striking that Mike is the only person who had ALL answers to Phylicia's activity on the day in question. I believe Phylicia may have been at the apt still, the night before, which would be Monday night (if) we can at least half believe Dana's story; unless something happened in the middle of Tues morning. I would lean more so on, something happened to Phylicia later on in the morning (the day in question) after Dana left the residence. As we know, the timing is limited, there-fore, Phylicia can not be too far away for one to have traveled with her; then, return with-in a matter of a couple of hours give or take. That includes, the actual incident that took place, then, leaving to a destination, time to drop Phylicia off somewhere, then return back to apt or where-ever they returned to.

Outside of KB's and DB's texts with PB, and PB's postings on her facebook, MJ is the only person who had contact with PB that day after DB left for work around 8:45 am. As reported in MSM and through interviews with family.

PB's sister (her mom's oldest daughter, CS or SS, depending on spelling of first name) spoke with PB Monday night, as reported by mom/JS. The conversation was disturbing, but CS/SS did not share the content of the conversation with mom/JS, until after PB went missing. As reported by JS in interviews. You know CS/SS is agonizing over keeping that information from her mom right now.

I find it interesting that JS has said things, which have not been repeated by LE or MSM. I have to wonder why? Specifically, the alcohol and MJ were dropped by MSM, and LE has only said it was a typical college dorm type atmosphere with some drinking but no illegal drugs. ??? Js has reported numerous times that DB admitted PB drank vodka and smoked MJ. Where has that information gone?

Additionally, LE and MSM stick by the story that PB left to go shopping/get something to eat, but this is not verified by anyone or any lead, that I can see. She posted that she was hungry on her FB page, but that does not mean she left. DB said that MJ told her PB mumbled something about going to get something to eat, when he left at 1:30, but she was still sleeping on the couch. MJ said he left her at 1:30. If that is true (big if), then NO ONE knows what happened to her. She disappeared from the apartment without a trace.

BUT, KB says JB's cell phone went to voice mail at 12:30. So what happened from 12:30 to when MJU supposedly left at 1:30? And what about the text JS reported DB received from MJ at 5 pm, that PB was active? Augh. So many unanswered questions. I can only hope that LE has asked all of these questions and has a much clearer understanding of the way the day played out.

May I please ask does anyone have a banner with her missing persons information I can put up to help find her?

Phylicia's story is on Nancy Grace tonight!!!! I hope that this helps find her!!!!!!!

Finally - NG is covering Phylicia!! Keep it up, NG - she needs this - LE has been begging for coverage!!

Ng only covered for such a short time, hardly got anything from it.

Okay. I'm back. I had to rush off for a minute. I did discover that this person is a family member (I believe of Mike) Not certain. I see he has some brothers. I learned I have been mis-spelling the half sister's name. Correct way (Deena Barnes) I believe. Also, through these FB pages, it connected me to Phylicia's FB page (which is locked down) :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1376396517

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=517219612

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1623157915

Guys - we can't be linking to facebook/myspace of every friend on the sisters' or the bf's social pages. If you linked to a site of someone NOT named in the media or by LE, you need to remove it or alert it so that it can be removed.

Remember - we can only sleuth the 3 people - NOT everyone they know.

Thanks,

Salem

Thanks for informing me. I didn't know we couldn't link their siblings/brothers or sisters.

Thanks for informing me. I didn't know we couldn't link their siblings/brothers or sisters.

No - no friends or family unless that person has been named by LE or MSM. We are kind of out on a limb here. We don't usually allow sleuthing of family unless LE has called them a POI. But in this case, LE is asking for all the help they can get, so we are bending the rules a bit.

Thanks investigate1 for understanding and cooperating :)

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GG_23
Back