MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm hoping that Phylicia will be found safe and sound today. I have been listening to

BCP scanner last night and today. There has
been no news of Phylicia as yet.

I will let you all know if any news is heard.

ok let me clarify falling asleep on someone. Its slang.

Me and my DH are up watching a movie. He falls asleep and I'm still up. Not that he fell asleep on top of me he fell asleep on me. I'm in texas and thats just down south jargon for someone that falls asleep while the two of you are doing something.

Another example is when I'm on the internet and my nephew is up watching tv in another room. We are talking back and forth then after 30 minutes I dont hear a peep out of him.

I told my DH, "yeah, I was on the internet talking and darren was watching TV and then he fell asleep on me".

I have a 16 y/o and a few things stand out to me. First, my daughter's cell phone is like a fifth appendage. She NEVER leaves it out of her sight and she NEVER lets it lose a charge. She almost literally panics if she can't find it. Her friends are like that too. So, I'm not really buying the phone losing a charge, especially since she was out of town. Her parents seemed uber protective, so I would imagine they would make sure her cell phone was in good working order while she went out of state to visit her sister.

Secondly, on the other hand, my teen stayed up until the wee hours when she was on holiday break. She often times would wake up to get some breakfast and then take a mid-day nap if she didn't have anything fun planned for the day. So, I can kind of see PB getting bored and taking a mid-day nap to pass the time until her sister got off work.

This funks up the timeline for me somewhat. The cell phone dying tells me that something happened right then, but then I also can buy the BF's retelling that she took a nap.

Me and my DH are up watching a movie. He falls asleep and I'm still up. Not that he fell asleep on top of me he fell asleep on me. I'm in texas and thats just down south jargon for someone that falls asleep while the two of you are doing something.

Another example is when I'm on the internet and my nephew is up watching tv in another room. We are talking back and forth then after 30 minutes I dont hear a peep out of him.

I told my DH, "yeah, I was on the internet talking and darren was watching TV and then he fell asleep on me".

That is a good point. I am born and raised in the South and I say that too. I'm not sure that folks in Maryland talk like that though. I wouldn't rule out literally falling asleep on someone though (especially with alleged drugs/alcohol use).

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for bringing this up. Jargon and slang is so important to clarify and define.

It still doesn't jive with me that her phone stopped picking up around 12:30, but DB's BF says PB was with him, and then he left at 1:15-1:30, with PB still asleep on the couch. It seems very hinky to me. PB had a hair appt. She is a girl who does not miss her hair appt.

Things I would really like to know:

What time was PB's hair appt.?
When did KB, the sister who was supposed to take PB TO her hair appt, come to DB's Apartment? (Why was she not more concerned, and why did DB not start looking for PB until after she got home from work? Wouldn't KB have called her?)
When did DB's friends arrive at the apartment, the ones who found "the door open and the music playing loudly"?

Posted: 11:44 am EST January 6, 2011

26388851_640X183.jpg

BALTIMORE -- Authorities in Baltimore hope a new approach will bring them answers in the disappearance of a 16-year-old Monroe girl.

Billboards featuring blown-up photos of Phylicia Barnes will be placed along the Interstate 95 corridor between Baltimore and New York. They will include the number of a 24-hour toll-free tip line that was recently created for the case.

more here

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26388811/detail.html

Posted: 11:44 am EST January 6, 2011

26388851_640X183.jpg

BALTIMORE -- Authorities in Baltimore hope a new approach will bring them answers in the disappearance of a 16-year-old Monroe girl.

Billboards featuring blown-up photos of Phylicia Barnes will be placed along the Interstate 95 corridor between Baltimore and New York. They will include the number of a 24-hour toll-free tip line that was recently created for the case.

more here

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26388811/detail.html

First, I am so proud of Baltimore Police and the media for giving this lady so much attention, especially now with the billboards. I thought for sure she'd be swept under the rug like most young, black females are. I guess now that it has really been established that she is not a runaway, people are stopping and paying attention.

Second, can I just say, "MJ", the boyfriend of DB, PB's sister, seems HINKY. Something is NOT RIGHT with that timeline after 12:30 pm. That guy was the last person to see PB and was the last person with her, ALONE (allegedly), and well, naturally, he's gonna be on anyone's radar.

And frankly, after watching the video where DB is speaking on camera, looking at her facial expression, that left some hink too. I know that in times of stress, sadness, and trauma, everyone reacts differently, so i can't really pass too much judgement on her.

I cannot express enough concern and prayer for Janice and PB's father. What a nightmare they are going through. Her whole family. I feel so bad for them.

Thanks for all the updates everyone. G-d willing the next one will be positive.

I live just outside the City in Baltimore County. I work for the State Government in the heart of the City. My ex-husband was a City Police Officer for 25 years before "retiring" to a job with the Transit Police (catching speeders on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge).

The "big news" here today is that bombs have been exploding in several State Government Office Buildings (in the mail rooms) and the two facilities that had explosions (one injury) have closed for the day. All other State Buildings have closed their mail rooms for the day and are no accepting deliveries.

Anyway... if anyone following the PSB case needs information about this area, maps, opinions, or even a search of public records to get information on those who have been deemed "sleuthable" Maryland has online resources for checking criminal, traffic and civil cases, as well as real estate ownership information. I myself would have no idea where to begin, but if someone has a "lead" for me to look into, I'd be happy to help.

ETA - By the way, I often doze off watching TV and have later been told I "fell asleep on" the person with whom I was watching. It doesn't mean there was any physical contact.

Yup "fell asleep on" is slang and I use it all the time. Everyone in my family does too.

I can't seem to locate who the last person reportedly known to have been with or to have seen Phylicia.

I'm usually not so slow or bad at this but the use of initials is throwing me off today LOL.

I'll get it figured out.

I live just outside the City in Baltimore County. I work for the State Government in the heart of the City. My ex-husband was a City Police Officer for 25 years before "retiring" to a job with the Transit Police (catching speeders on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge).

The "big news" here today is that bombs have been exploding in several State Government Office Buildings (in the mail rooms) and the two facilities that had explosions (one injury) have closed for the day. All other State Buildings have closed their mail rooms for the day and are no accepting deliveries.

Anyway... if anyone following the PSB case needs information about this area, maps, opinions, or even a search of public records to get information on those who have been deemed "sleuthable" Maryland has online resources for checking criminal, traffic and civil cases, as well as real estate ownership information. I myself would have no idea where to begin, but if someone has a "lead" for me to look into, I'd be happy to help.

ETA - By the way, I often doze off watching TV and have later been told I "fell asleep on" the person with whom I was watching. It doesn't mean there was any physical contact.

Would it be okay to sleuth JSB's sister (DB) and the sister's BF (MJ)??
If so, I would like to find out about past criminal records. DB paid for JSB's plane ticket. DB is the last family member to see JSB. KB (other sister) is the last family member to have cell phone communication with JSB (text, 12:30-ish). MJ (boyfriend) is, by his words only, the last non-family member to have been with PSB. The men in and out of the apartment were allegedly connected to MJ.

Yup "fell asleep on" is slang and I use it all the time. Everyone in my family does too.

I can't seem to locate who the last person reportedly known to have been with or to have seen Phylicia.

I'm usually not so slow or bad at this but the use of initials is throwing me off today LOL.

I'll get it figured out.

There are too many initials floating around, I agree. Wonder if we need a list somewhere?
There is a time line up thread, it may help with the last person question.

If so, I would like to find out about past criminal records. DB paid for JSB's plane ticket. DB is the last family member to see JSB. KB (other sister) is the last family member to have cell phone communication with JSB (text, 12:30-ish). MJ (boyfriend) is, by his words only, the last non-family member to have been with PSB. The men in and out of the apartment were allegedly connected to MJ.

The mods are discussing this. We will post here once we have decided. Thanks.

I've held off because I wasn't sure. Thanks for asking the question. If the answer is yes, I can provide Maryland's records websites. They're great resources. Every state should be like this.

Baltimore police pressing for national media attention

With no new leads and few tips in the 10-day-old search for a missing teenager, Baltimore police are frantically trying to attract the attention of the national media, fearing the girl has been abducted and taken far from Maryland.

But until a day ago, only a few television networks had aired segments — a brief mention on CNN Headline News earlier this week and a short segment using previously recorded film on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday.

To Baltimore police, the unexplained disappearance of Phylicia Simone Barnes from her older sister's Northwest Baltimore apartment on Dec. 28 stands out among the more than 350 missing-persons cases investigated each year, and they have assigned more than 100 detectives and officers to it.

A frustrated city police spokesman, Anthony Guglielmi, said he has been e-mailing and faxing fliers, as well as offering interviews, to virtually every national media outlet.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-missing-teen-search-20110106,0,1614192.story

Baltimore police pressing for national media attention

With no new leads and few tips in the 10-day-old search for a missing teenager, Baltimore police are frantically trying to attract the attention of the national media, fearing the girl has been abducted and taken far from Maryland.

But until a day ago, only a few television networks had aired segments — a brief mention on CNN Headline News earlier this week and a short segment using previously recorded film on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday.

To Baltimore police, the unexplained disappearance of Phylicia Simone Barnes from her older sister's Northwest Baltimore apartment on Dec. 28 stands out among the more than 350 missing-persons cases investigated each year, and they have assigned more than 100 detectives and officers to it.

A frustrated city police spokesman, Anthony Guglielmi, said he has been e-mailing and faxing fliers, as well as offering interviews, to virtually every national media outlet.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-missing-teen-search-20110106,0,1614192.story

What a beautiful girl! So much promise and she {poof}, disappears without a trace.

Prayers she's found safe.

sincerely,
fran

PS....I seriously, ....can't believe the children that have disappeared the last two weeks. Truly, ~scary~!

That is a good point. I am born and raised in the South and I say that too. I'm not sure that folks in Maryland talk like that though. I wouldn't rule out literally falling asleep on someone though (especially with alleged drugs/alcohol use).

I have heard some northern virginia people(a certain crowd I know ) use the "sleeping on " slang term for things such as drinking a beer to slow and not responding to a text quickly and just for a person not getting a joke as fast as they should of AS well as someone not wanting to hang with someone ,or messin up.

Examples of use..

Sara cancels a movie date, or calls out of work ,or wrecks her car, quits school etc..
" Sara is sleeping on it "

or say Sara it late to pass the blunt, or forgot to start dinner ,or lost her ring

'' Stop sleeping on it ,Sara.'' " girl you sleeping on it"

Sara forget to pick up my milk shake
"sara is sleeping on me"

That would be followed by a " what she do?"

I wouldnt rule out literally either though. Or that he may have twisted their idea of what Sleeping on him meant.

I need to catch up on this case... does anyone have a timeline? and who in the mix is on LE's radar?

16 year old goes to visit family on the other side of the country. No doubt 'partying' is going on.

Has it been verified by independent sources she was up and on her way for a late morning breakfast?

I talked with my daughter about this case last night. She had a good question. Did they locate PSB's phone charger in the apt.? She wondered if anyone might have taken it at some point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024
Back