MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they searching today? I wonder if it is off of a tip, or something LE finally got out of one of the possible POI's?

They searched last night, 10 pm. Drained the well, searched the garage, found "nothing."
But they went back today to search more in depth. That makes me think this was a very strong lead/tip.

Yes, they said they are searching again today and that it was based on a tip. I wonder where MJ was moving to?

PS Thank you TexasMist for correcting the margins. I'm still working on my map skills - or lack thereof. :)

I read that as the tip to where they are currently searching came from MJ, if I read it right.

When LE was searching for missing NIU student Antinette Keller they searched for appx 5 days did not announce the results of their findings until appx a week later. I can't be certain if that is the case here, but if the search continues for days we can probably assume they found something related to PB's case, I think. I'm not coming up with any cases where LE searched for days consecutively and came up with nothing. anyone?

I read that as the tip to where they are currently searching came from MJ, if I read it right.

Or maybe I read it wrong? Rereading now maybe the search is occuring at a property MJ is associated with :waitasec: GJ' can you clarify? tia

Finally found it!! This article has the info about the connection between the property and PB.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/new-search-to-find-missing-team-comes-up-short/
The focus was an abandoned sewer well inside a shed.
Police would not say if this tip came from the hotline or from an interview. Barnes’ brother says his sister’s ex-boyfriend lives in this area. We know they are wrapping up the scene as they came up with nothing.

However, in the comments, a "Kelly Barnes" says that BB did not tell the police that. so who knows? I mean, who knows if that was really KB, etc....

Anthony Guglielmi (from the audio clip above linked by Money) said that they thought perhaps the well could "balloon out into a reservoir" and they want to make sure that they were basically thorough in the search in the daylight today.

I don't know if this was posted - it may not be related but is within the same vicinity, and happened last night before the news of the "body found" was posted/removed (the below info was posted at 9:55pm, the "body found" was posted around 11:00pm and then removed):

http://investigativevoice.com/index...6869:barricade&catid=25:the-project&Itemid=44

A police standoff is currently underway near the intersection of Patterson Avenue and Liberty Road, not far from where 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes disappeared just after Christmas and has not yet been found.

Has anyone seen this posted elsewhere, such as the Baltimore Sun or ABC 2 News? I don't see it.

ETA: I googled some of the key words, and can only find it so far at the above referenced URL and here at WS, where summer_breeze posted it in the Missing Persons Info/Support thread... I do find it interesting that both of these things "reportedly" occurred last night and are not discussed elsewhere, as if it's hush-hush? Neither one of them may pan out or be related, but I just find it odd.

I don't know if this was posted - it may not be related but is within the same vicinity, and happened last night before the news of the "body found" was posted/removed (the below info was posted at 9:55pm, the "body found" was posted around 11:00pm and then removed):

http://investigativevoice.com/index...6869:barricade&catid=25:the-project&Itemid=44

Has anyone seen this posted elsewhere, such as the Baltimore Sun or ABC 2 News? I don't see it.

ETA: I googled some of the key words, and can only find it so far at the above referenced URL and here at WS, where summer_breeze posted it in the Missing Persons Info/Support thread...

I saw that as well, and wondered about it. Where is that location, in relation to the area where the well was?

Finally found it!! This article has the info about the connection between the property and PB.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/new-search-to-find-missing-team-comes-up-short/

However, in the comments, a "Kelly Barnes" says that BB did not tell the police that. so who knows? I mean, who knows if that was really KB, etc....

I don't put much stock into comments made on MSM sites but if this is really from KB perhaps they are concerned for the B families safety? I know I would be if a family member of mine went missing on the same day one of our family was going through a breakup and an ex moving out.

jmo

Anthony Guglielmi (from the audio clip above linked by Money) said that they thought perhaps the well could "balloon out into a reservoir" and they want to make sure that they were basically thorough in the search in the daylight today.

THANK YOU for pointing out the audio clip. I didn't even see it.
That clears up things a lot.

I saw that as well, and wondered about it. Where is that location, in relation to the area where the well was?

It's closer to the apartment. You can see the intersection of Liberty and Patterson on SurfieTX's map... right on the route that's in blue (right at the word "Lochearn").

ETA: When I was searching last night about the "body", I saw a reference to 400-block of North Bend Road, south of Edmondson. I zoomed in and saw a couple of buildings that could be the shed behind a large apartment complex, but... who knows if that's the exact location, etc., so I decided not to spend too much time since I could get street views.

ETA: I googled some of the key words, and can only find it so far at the above referenced URL and here at WS, where summer_breeze posted it in the Missing Persons Info/Support thread... I do find it interesting that both of these things "reportedly" occurred last night and are not discussed elsewhere, as if it's hush-hush? Neither one of them may pan out or be related, but I just find it odd.

I am a "super lurker" from Baltimore and just wanted to add that it is in no way odd for the media not to pick up random standoff in that "type" of area. We would typically hear about it if it was in a more prominent area or the county but not always. Sad to say that Baltimore is not the safest of cities and most of the criminal junk gets passed by.

I am a "super lurker" from Baltimore and just wanted to add that it is in no way odd for the media not to pick up random standoff in that "type" of area. We would typically hear about it if it was in a more prominent area or the county but not always. Sad to say that Baltimore is not the safest of cities and most of the criminal junk gets passed by.

Thanks for the info... I live in the DC area and used to work in Baltimore, so I'm vaguely familiar (emphasis on vaguely) with different parts of town and figured as much. I came across it while searching for the "body found" article or any other reference to it -- so it stood out to me at the time.

Again, I think you're probably right and it has nothing to do with PB. But I sure wish something would happen.

I thought I had remembered seeing the area where they are looking in the well on one of my searches.
There is a RSO with the initials DTJ who lives right near 400 n. Bend Rd.

I found him when I was searching all Johnson's in the RSO.

ETA if I can just link the RSO's page here, let me know so everyone doesnt' have to search it.

You can link to the RSO state or county type of site that links to RSO's. Watchdog is ok to link to as well.

hth

Here's the Maryland RSO site
http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/sorSearch/

If you search by location, and put in 400 n bend rd, with zipcode 21229, there is a RSO right there.
He moved on 12-9-10 just a short distance away. That address is listed in his main page. But if you find him from the map, it lists the address on N. Bend rd.

ETA I can not find this individual connected with MJ or bros we know, on any social networking site, but I haven't looked everywhere. You all might have better luck.

okay i have comments and questions first time posting just how well did pb mother know db and family i know pb connected with family about three years ago. did pb mom pay a visit before allowing pb to connect with db and siblings . i picture pb as being very smart but naive. i think she wanted to fit in. we all wanted to fit in when we were teens. obiviously pb enjoyed her fredom her in bmore. she even choose towson as her college. db and friends unfortunately just wasnt the crowd to be with and im sure pb may at times wondered she i be here. now to mj and brothers and their friends just what are their character. these guys could be involved in a gang. i sure would like to see a picture of mj and brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member