MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I haven't seen that bit of info yet...

I think it's something that should be asked of PB's mom.

....Unsure if previously posted so forgive me if it has.
According to the following article Phylicia was scheduled to fly home on Monday December 27th the day prior to the day she went missing. Is that an accurate date? I don't recall seeing anything previously/any discussion about when Phylicia was scheduled to fly home. If she was truly supposed to be on a plane the day prior to her disappearance why didn't her not arriving in NC on Monday set off any alarms? Was her flight changed, did she extend her vacation? Does the MSM have the date wrong? Or could there be some clue around why Phylicia did not go home to NC on the day she was scheduled to leave MD.

Cubby, I just googled it and it's also posted on her AMW page and many other places. First I've heard of it, though. I wonder why LE isn't stating that to the public...?!? That screams to me that something happened way before this other stuff was set in motion. JMHO

I'd like to change the subject a bit back to Phylicia's case rather than the FB drama if we could.

I was searching and ran across an article indicating the college Phylicia hoped to attend was Towson Univ near Baltimore. I'm not sure that means more than she was comfortable and trusted her MD family and wished to be closer to them.

Additionally, while searching for the name of the college I found the following MSM article. Unsure if previously posted so forgive me if it has.
According to the following article Phylicia was scheduled to fly home on Monday December 27th the day prior to the day she went missing. Is that an accurate date? I don't recall seeing anything previously/any discussion about when Phylicia was scheduled to fly home. If she was truly supposed to be on a plane the day prior to her disappearance why didn't her not arriving in NC on Monday set off any alarms? Was her flight changed, did she extend her vacation? Does the MSM have the date wrong? Or could there be some clue around why Phylicia did not go home to NC on the day she was scheduled to leave MD.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/01/phylicia_barnes_16-year-old_ho.php

Thoughts?

tia

I think it is a mis-report. This article, dated January 3, 2011, states she missed her flight home on Monday, which would have been on that day.

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-latest/2011/01/missing-teen-phylicia-barnes-foul-play-suspected-in-girl-s-disappearance-6739.html

She misses a flight on Monday then vanishes on Tuesday...

What happened to make her miss the flight on Monday? Too much fun and since school was on break she extended the vacation? Did she purposefully miss it so she could stay longer? Or did something happen to PB prior to Monday?

I think the 27th must be a misprint too. I'm assuming classes resumed for Phylicia on the 10th. Interestingly, and a little OT most of the schools in my immediate area resumed classes on the 3rd having the two full weeks off prior to the 3rd. A few had a half week off prior to Christmas and resumed on the 10th.

I just noticed this from the AMW page: Police realized early on that she hadn’t gone to meet a boyfriend or someone she meet on the Internet.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=76220

I'm curious now if the family is stating PB was speaking to someone on FB about making a hair appointment how LE has ruled out PB meeting someone she met on the internet.

LE really needs to make a public statement of somekind. If they would like to keep Phylicia's case alive and in the media it is going to take more than asking for the publics help and repeating they have zero info and complaining about the lack of initial media coverage.

Hoping the peanpods(?) interview leads to some additional info or clarifcation on the questions surrounding the day Phylicia disappeared. GJ I don't have working computer speakers so I am hoping as time permits you are able to summarize the important points made in the interview.

thanks!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/01/phylicia_barnes_16-year-old_ho.php

Thoughts?

tia

I could be wrong but I thought the plan was for her to stay until after New Year's or maybe it was until after Christmas. Now I am royally confused.

It does make me so sad that she really did trust the people she was around in MD, why wouldn't she, they were part of her family - her mom did too and her mother seems like she would realize if something hinky was going on. PB has so much going for her and she likely put her trust in the wrong people :(

Cubby,

that statement on AMW really makes me think that LE has zeroed in on a suspect(s?). This makes me hopeful for an arrest.

Cubby,

that statement on AMW really makes me think that LE has zeroed in on a suspect(s?). This makes me hopeful for an arrest.

Me too. I can't recall a case where LE has made it a point to repeat over and over they have nothing. That leads me to believe the information being released to the public is part of LE's strategy in this case.

I'm hoping we're right on that and LE has video survellience, possibly cell pings, and are awaiting lab results of whatever evidence they have submitted. Perhaps Phylicia's dna will be found on someone it shouldn't have. Perhaps there will be forensic evidence found on the perps clothing, shoes or vehicle which would not be explained by his or her usual routine.

jmo

Come to think if it, LE has stated they believe PB was taken out of state. Perhaps they have cell pings and possible traffic or toll survellience indicating one of the 8 POI's left the state and they are not only awaiting forensics but hoping by keeping the word out there someone saw something amiss that could fill in or confirm additional pieces to the puzzle.

Come to think if it, LE has stated they believe PB was taken out of state. Perhaps they have cell pings and possible traffic or toll survellience indicating one of the 8 POI's left the state and they are not only awaiting forensics but hoping by keeping the word out there someone saw something amiss that could fill in or confirm additional pieces to the puzzle.

I thought about that, too. But it seems to me they would have said something like - "possibly headed to NJ" or "may be in the DC area", kwim? However, it *does* seem like they have a reason to say that. Baltimore is not a small area - and Maryland is not a small state. So to say that, they have a clue from somewhere. But I still don't get why they wouldn't let the public know so that they could be on the lookout... :waitasec:

With so little from LE, it does not seem as though they believe she could be alive, as why wouldn't they come out to the media every day, asking for her photo to be on the news all the time? Almost as though if they have pings from out of the area, they are thinking more about a dump site than a place where Phylicia may have been brought alive. LE keeping such a relatively low profile leads me to think they must be working behind the scenes on the people who were known to be there on that day; I hope I am not giving LE too much credit, but they must be very experiences, in Baltimore, as they certainly have their share of violent crime.

Not to harp on the FB drama, but I didnt know that people could file a lawsuit for what is said over FB. I know when it comes to minor and school bullying you can, but I dont see how people over the age of 18 who arent going to school with each other can sue cause someone is calling them a murderer over facebook. Also you can stop people from posting on your facebook by defriending them and put up the privacy blocks.

Oh and I am really skeptical that LE has evidence and that an arrest will be made soon. It just seems LE needs more to convict someone. And as always, if no body is found it is very hard to arrest anyone.

Not to harp on the FB drama, but I didnt know that people could file a lawsuit for what is said over FB. I know when it comes to minor and school bullying you can, but I dont see how people over the age of 18 who arent going to school with each other can sue cause someone is calling them a murderer over facebook. Also you can stop people from posting on your facebook by defriending them and put up the privacy blocks.

They can. Google Topix Libel and Topix defamation lawsuits. Lots of hits.

I think there are internet laws about online stalking as well. But I digress, the group owners of that FB page will have to decide on how to address and handle the group.

GJ... I looked at his RSO profile, and I think again it's someone with the same name but not the same person. The RSO is 46 and the FB friend looks to be in his 20s or maybe early 30s...? Different hair, different build, etc. JMHO

Ok, thank you for looking. It just seemed strange that they lived in the same area/neighborhood, and the RSO's address is also ten minutes from DB's apartment. If you look at the hairline of them both, it's the same, IMO. Just trimmed shorter. But I'll let it rest, I don't think it is relevant to the case, imo. Thank you again.

Ok, thank you for looking. It just seemed strange that they lived in the same area/neighborhood, and the RSO's address is also ten minutes from DB's apartment. If you look at the hairline of them both, it's the same, IMO. Just trimmed shorter. But I'll let it rest, I don't think it is relevant to the case, imo. Thank you again.

I could be wrong but that was just my opinion. Maybe someone else could also take a look.

The missed flight thing refers to the Monday of January 3rd. I think LE had been waiting to see if she would show up, just in case. When she didn't, I think it confirmed that she wasn't just having fun hanging out chllin somewhere. Not sure. But definitely not the 27th of Dec, from everything I have read.

Yes Cubby, I will post info from the Peas interview as soon as I have it. It's an hour and a half, so I won't be transcribing it, but I can do a point-by-point list of notes. :)

For anyone who hasn't seen a link to Peas:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasintheirpods/2011/01/19/phylicia-barnes
The show is at 5 pm (eastern time I believe)
They list the phone number. If anyone wants to call in and ask BB (half brother) any questions.

Do we know what missing persons organizations PB's mother has made contact with?

I'd like to find a way to put her in contact with some family members of MP cases who have succesfully kept their cases in the media.

Shelia Bradley Smith comes to mind, the great Aunt of missing sisters Diamond and Tionda Bradley. She is in a good network, but I am unsure how far outside the Chicago area she reaches.

Can we brain storm some idea's to offer PB's mother?

Of course Project Jason comes to mind and we have the WS area Lighting the Way home with tips and info/links for the family of the missing.

http://www.projectjason.org/

Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Do we know what missing persons organizations PB's mother has made contact with?

I'd like to find a way to put her in contact with some family members of MP cases who have succesfully kept their cases in the media.

Shelia Bradley Smith comes to mind, the great Aunt of missing sisters Diamond and Tionda Bradley. She is in a good network, but I am unsure how far outside the Chicago area she reaches.

Can we brain storm some idea's to offer PB's mother?

Of course Project Jason comes to mind and we have the WS area Lighting the Way home with tips and info/links for the family of the missing.

http://www.projectjason.org/

Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If anyone is comfortable contacting Peas in Their Pods, they were asked by JS to be a collecting source for info. She asked that anyone having connections or information for her to give it to the Peas folks.

My thoughts are with PB today, and her family and friends in NC and MD. I hope there is news today. Something needs to crack.
I feel for everyone involved, especially any innocents who are getting thrown under the bus. I wanted to remind myself that WS is a victim friendly place, and that family members are victims as well. I hope any family members who might be watching here know that we are supporting your efforts to find PB. If there is anything we can do to help, if there is any information you need from us, let us know. We have so many questions about the time line, because the media has presented too many contradictory "facts." I hope that BB's interview this afternoon/evening clears things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11