MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13782424

BALTIMORE, MD (WBTV) – Baltimore Police said Tuesday tests received from the FBI Crime Lab showed no evidence of blood or signs of a struggle at the locations investigators executed search warrants in the search for Phylicia Barnes, 16, who went missing last month while visiting family in Baltimore.

Is there contact info for peas? I'm happy to send an email or call. I've got more years of telemarketing and customer service experience than I'd care to admit and I've done a lot of contact calls to LE and ME's.

BALTIMORE, MD (WBTV) – Baltimore Police said Tuesday tests received from the FBI Crime Lab showed no evidence of blood or signs of a struggle at the locations investigators executed search warrants in the search for Phylicia Barnes, 16, who went missing last month while visiting family in Baltimore.

From this same report:
Guglielmi said detectives were working to piece together the last 24-48 hours before Barnes' disappearance. "Usually with a case like this the statements are supported by some type of physical evidence, but we just don't have that," he said.

So our concerns about the time line, and whether folks have evidence for what they were doing, is a concern held by LE.

Also from the same report:
Reached by phone, Police Spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said in addition to searching the northwest Baltimore apartment of Dee Barnes, Phylicia's half-sister whom the teen was visiting, detectives also searched other apartments, homes and vehicles

So the apartments and vehicles searched turned up nothing. Yikes. Perhaps LE truly is at square one.

Further down, Guglielmi indicates there are 12 people who had contact with PB during the 48 hours before her disappearance.
Also, he indicates that the 27-year-old former BF of DB was NOT considered a suspect.
They are going through computer and FB records with a fine-tooth comb and talking with people more in depth with better assistance/technology from FBI.

(thank you so much for posting this article, Natlock!)

Is there contact info for peas? I'm happy to send an email or call. I've got more years of telemarketing and customer service experience than I'd care to admit and I've done a lot of contact calls to LE and ME's.

Contact Us

Mailing Address:
Peas in Their Pods
P.O. Box 198
Grayson, Ga 30017

Email: hfmbc@hotmail.com

More Information:
Business: 734-680-7486 or 516-338-6873
Missing Kids: 734-680-7486
or 516-338-6873
or 512-961-2846

Thank you NatLock. This tells me whatever occured did not happen in the apartment. I think we can rule out an accidental death by overdose with death occuring in the apartment. There would have been some kind of evidence, vomiting etc.... (sorry to be so graphic).

Which leads me to believe she was interupted during her conversations regarding the events for the day, possible hair cut and willingly left with someone she trusted.

We know dogs tracked her scent to a specific spot in the parking lot, but how do we know the dogs did not track her scent from leaving at an earlier time? We need sarx or an SAR verified member here to answer some of these questions. I'll shoot sarx a pm and ask if she would take a peak at this thread.

We know MJ was unexpected at the apartment that day and claims to have seen MJ asleep shortly after 1pm. LE should be verifying his whereabouts that in to rule him in or clear him as a possible POI. No evidence suggests MJ has been ruled out.

Cell phone pings. how long does it take for LE to get cell phone pings back? Which of this group was where that afternoon? Pings should indicate who was where when. At what time did PB's cell last ping?

Where does this group visit?
One of the J brothers travels for his employer, or works for an employer which does ( to my knowledge ) deliveries.
What states do they visit?

What if any efforts request are LE asking for people to search their private property and where should they be looking? Did this group hang out or visit any forest preserves or places it might be easy to dump a body and not be seen?

Lots of questions, suggestions.... hoping some of our brain storming is like bringing the baton to those who can take it and run forward with it - as that is what we do here at WS.

Praying answers come soon to PB's whereabouts.

LE almost always says someone is not named a suspect. Scott Peterson wasn't named an official suspect for a long time....... No suspect has been named in the Kyron case but it's not too difficult to consider in laymans terms who may be a poi not officially named by LE.

JMO

It is frustrating that the forensics so far hasn't turned anything up. I was hoping it would help break the case.

Hello to all. Just took a break and went back and read discussions on the find PB group and caught up with reading here as well. In defense to one of the brothers; I don't believe he was using the group for dating etc..He had stated that a young lady gave them a warm welcome and asked what were their interest. The young lady probably did this to get the brothers to open up oppose to using the tactic of calling them horrible names.

It would be nice to get the brothers over here on this site where they will be respected to the fullest. I'm just wondering will the brothers be insulted from what they read over here too.

Any thoughts? Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can work on getting the brothers to visit this thread. I'm a strong believer in that (being polite) can get better results at times.

It is frustrating that the forensics so far hasn't turned anything up. I was hoping it would help break the case.

Me too... that tells me whatever happened didn't happen in the apartment or in a vehicle.

It also tells me we don't know what was tested and I'm left wondering if any of the possible POI's clothing was tested? We're not privy to what LE has that was tested.......

jmo

Hello to all. Just took a break and went back and read discussions on the find PB group and caught up with reading here as well. In defense to one of the brothers; I don't believe he was using the group for dating etc..He had stated that a young lady gave them a warm welcome and asked what were their interest. The young lady probably did this to get the brothers to open up oppose to using the tactic of calling them horrible names.

It would be nice to get the brothers over here on this site where they will be respected to the fullest. I'm just wondering will the brothers be insulted from what they read over here too.

Any thoughts? Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can work on getting the brothers to visit this thread. I'm a believer that (being polite) can get better results at times.

I agree. I think the poster was trying to gain MJ's trust.... My apologies to the lady who was trying to 'bond' with and gain MJ's trust. That conversation was unfolding the same time the one with language with which a sailor wouldn't kiss his mama with after that rolled off his lips.... and it t'd me off.

I too hope WS is a 'safe haven' within TOS for all discussion, opinions and sleuthing on PB's case.

ETA (kiddo interuption again) and this is a victim friendly forum........ so if family chose to post here they would be welcomed.

Hi guys, I was asked to come here and answer some questions that there might be about SAR dogs. I am not normally one to ask this (normally I read the entire backlog of threads), but I am swamped, so can someone point me to the questions or re-post them?
Thanks

From this same report:

So our concerns about the time line, and whether folks have evidence for what they were doing, is a concern held by LE.

Also from the same report:

So the apartments and vehicles searched turned up nothing. Yikes. Perhaps LE truly is at square one.

Further down, Guglielmi indicates there are 12 people who had contact with PB during the 48 hours before her disappearance.
Also, he indicates that the 27-year-old former BF of DB was NOT considered a suspect.
They are going through computer and FB records with a fine-tooth comb and talking with people more in depth with better assistance/technology from FBI.

(thank you so much for posting this article, Natlock!)

Your welcome. This info seems to tell me she either left with someone she trusted. Or just od'd and then taken out.

That conversation was unfolding the same time the one with language with which a sailor wouldn't kiss his mama with after that rolled off his lips.... and it t'd me off.

This is a victim friendly forum.....so if family chose to post here they would be welcomed.

(I felt a little tickled about the sailor/mama part) Certainly it would be nice to have the brothers here if they want to express themselves without being attacked.

Just heard that the Phylicia case will be on NBC Nightly news at 6:30pm eastern tonight.

MSNBC just had a segment on saying 'nothing, just nothing, no clues etc."
So sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members