MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But MJ was already at the apartment from the night before. WHy would he need to tell her if he already lives there?

Very good point. To me, this was a clear indication that MJ was not at the apartment Monday night. imo.
DB agreed with the Peas interviewer that the only people who could have been at the apartment Monday night were DB, MJ, PB, and MJ's mysterious little brother/cousin. But DB did not say MJ was actually there that night. Could it be any muddier?

Very good point. To me, this was a clear indication that MJ was not at the apartment Monday night. imo.
DB agreed with the Peas interviewer that the only people who could have been at the apartment Monday night were DB, MJ, PB, and MJ's mysterious little brother/cousin. But DB did not say MJ was actually there that night. Could it be any muddier?

So why would his lil brother be there and him not be there? I get the impression that she is covering up that he stayed overnight by saying that she didn't know he would be there but in fact he did spend the night. She is ashamed that she left him there with her.

I am about 45 minutes west of Baltimore and this is the first I've heard about this case. I even watch WBAL news! I hope Phylicia is found safe and sound.

ETA: No, I am not in WV as my handle indicates. I moved to MD 3 years ago and have trouble letting go of the WV part of my name. :)

I feel so sorry for LE in these cases when they are trying to get a straight answer out of people and get evasive replies instead. It is happening in Hailey Dunn's case, certainly in Haleigh Cummings, was happening in Kyron's until TH stopped talking, etc...how frustrating. If Phylicia's sisters know anything they have not told LE, I hope they come clean right away and put it all out there for LE to figure out where to go next. No one is worth protecting, not even one's self from one's own guilty feelings.

So why would his lil brother be there and him not be there? I get the impression that she is covering up that he stayed overnight by saying that she didn't know he would be there but in fact he did spend the night. She is ashamed that she left him there with her.

Oh, good point!
Or is she covering up for the new BF spending the night? (I'm going off of what MJ said on the Find PB page.)
I would like to know what names are actually on the lease. If DB says that MJ's little brother/cousin stayed there that night, was he a regular visitor, or rare? Was he crashing there?
Or, Is this cousin/brother DB's new flame?
Yeesh, this just doesn't stop getting complicated, does it.

BBM, I agree. I was a little concerned over why KB chose not to drive over to the apartment if she was expected to pick up PB. I realize she mentioned she works in DC which is quite a ways from the apartment, however it has been reported previously she lives approximately 10 minutes from DB. It would not have been out of her way to drive 10 minutes and knock on the door; "Hey sleepy head wake up" kind of thing. She was expected, so why not 'follow through'? Maybe I am different, but if I am expected somewhere unless someone contacts me to cancel I arrive whether I reach them by phone shortly before I am expected to arrive or not. If a time has been set up - I might assume I can't reach them because they ran out or are unable to reach the phone but will be there at the time we agreed upon. I would only call to confirm and not show if the person I was expected to meet had demonstrated to me numerous times previously they were unreliable. I don't understand why KB couldn't take 10 minutes of her time to drive from her place of residence to DB's.....

I am also very concerned about the timeline and the cousin staying there. This imo is kind of like the boy girl sleep over thing. Most adults do not allow it. the B family was well aware of the rules and guidelines JS has set - why was this cousin there? Who all slept there that night? DB, MJ, PB and MJ's cousin? Why would DB not know or say who slept there or not. Who was in the apartment when DB left for work in the morning?

I am incredibly concerned with the following likely scenario imo. PB tells cousin and MJ KB is going to come pick her up at X time. They do something to PB. MJ and/or cousin tell DB PB was sleeping to cover for themselves and allow them to take PB somewhere.

There is no logical reason PB would not have shared her plans for the day with whomever was at that apartment and that leaves MJ and his cousin. LE would have electronic records of everyone PB may have communicated with that morning as well as whomever MJ and cousin communicated with. LE needs to look in those directions along with pings as to where those people were between the last verified phone call between either DB or KB- whichever one she spoke and when they can verify MJ and cousin were back in the area.

JMO

I echo what you are saying, completely.
As I read, I thought of this. What if PB regularly, habitually fell asleep and didn't answer her phone? Was she one of those teenagers who slept heavy on holidays and weekends? what if KB and DB knew that, and just figured PB would contact them when she got up?

I do not feel, after the Peas interview, that KB or DB had made definitive plans with PB for a hair appointment. They had talked about it, but there was not an actual "we have to be here at X time" appointment. My understanding (and I could be quite wrong) is that KB was picking her up just to hang out and do something, go shopping, etc.

I so wish we had access to PB's FB page. That would clear up SO much.

I just wanted to mention that when you drive into the city via the I-895 tunnel they did have a billboard up for her this past weekend. That did make me pretty happy to see that someone out there is making sure her face and name is in prominent places :)

I woud like to hear how her relationship with her father was. I havent heard much about that and being as the family is so diverse and it seems Phylicia was the outsider in the family I am interested to know how they have bonded and if that bond was encoraged or just tolerated.
I also wondered if he paid child support and if DB and KB mom and /or step mother/ daddys girlfriend (dont know what is going on there) was alright with the new sister- relationship bonding.

Trying to spread the word, but yeah to be honest if your black and missing forget about it. Its the truth. That applies to males too.

No MSM wants to dwell on some black teen lost in Bmore. It happens frequently and lets face it Bmore is high on crime. If the story isnt juicy enough or the victim isnt attractive then if takes hard work to keep the case in the media.

Im in Texas and i've only heard this story on the internet. I contacted local media and they werent interested.

It's true many times. Though I saw this case and it struck me. She did not belong in that place. Who knew? Becomes very clear the more you read that persons, and not just some ONE know what happened here. Smart and beautiful, yes? News is looking for that. I look at the goodness, and the promise. Know that I care about Phylicia and will be checking here.

Posted on another thread of Phylicia's the other night that I am so frustrated with this case. Someone in another thread questioned WHY that case was getting so much attention when others were not. I agree. This is one that deserves much attention and answers.

Oh, good point!
Or is she covering up for the new BF spending the night? (I'm going off of what MJ said on the Find PB page.)
I would like to know what names are actually on the lease. If DB says that MJ's little brother/cousin stayed there that night, was he a regular visitor, or rare? Was he crashing there?
Or, Is this cousin/brother DB's new flame?
Yeesh, this just doesn't stop getting complicated, does it.

On the facebook page MJ said that the big incident was that a "female" was upset because she found out that HE had a new girlfriend. He never mentioned if Deena was the one upset, but I am assuming she is the one that was upset. He then makes it seem like Deena is trying to blame him for PB disappearance because she is jealous of his new girlfriend.

Did she take the new clothes and leave her pajamas? Weird maybe but it would almost certainly mean abduction if both sets were taken. Also, if she was wearing the new clothes you would assume she showed them off to MJ? Was she in PJ's or her new clothes when she was asleep on the couch?

Sorry but honestly the interview seemed really odd from the answers that would cross and only semi-connect, JMO.

On the facebook page MJ said that the big incident was that a "female" was upset because she found out that HE had a new girlfriend. He never mentioned if Deena was the one upset, but I am assuming she is the one that was upset. He then makes it seem like Deena is trying to blame him for PB disappearance because she is jealous of his new girlfriend.

I was just seeing that.
When MJ says "certain someone" it seems he is referring to DB. And "the incident" seems to refer to when DB stopped protecting him from LE. But not sure.

Did she take the new clothes and leave her pajamas? Weird maybe but it would almost certainly mean abduction if both sets were taken. Also, if she was wearing the new clothes you would assume she showed them off to MJ? Was she in PJ's or her new clothes when she was asleep on the couch?

Sorry but honestly the interview seemed really odd from the answers that would cross and only semi-connect, JMO.

It was hard to listen to, because there are all these questions that we would want to ask, because we've been following this case so closely. I had to keep reminding myself that the show's format was not investigative in nature. It is supportive, family friendly, and there to serve the family, more than anything. The family asked to come on there, and the show's people were not going to grill them and follow up on things. But I sure wish they had been able to do some. Because were are left with somewhat more questions than before, in many ways.

I am about 45 minutes west of Baltimore and this is the first I've heard about this case. I even watch WBAL news! I hope Phylicia is found safe and sound.

ETA: No, I am not in WV as my handle indicates. I moved to MD 3 years ago and have trouble letting go of the WV part of my name. :)

You must be close to me. :seeya:

And the Find PB page is quite the illuminating read tonight. Who knows if MJ is telling the truth, but we are certainly getting to hear what he has to say, thanks to some level-headed posters on there. Finally, we are getting at his perspective on how events unfolded in the apartment.

If PB did leave the apartment to get something to eat, then I would guess she was abducted.

I can see why LE is so frustrated. Because if events have unfolded the way they are being described (truly, MJ and DB's stories are matching up, for the most part), PB has disappeared without a trace. That's really not what I wanted to hear. I wanted there to be a smoking guy, a red flag that pointed to a guilty party who could tell us how to find PB...

So she said her ex was going to go by to pick up his little brother? He stayed there overnight? No one seems to have asked her about that, in the interview.

Apparently, he may is older than Phylicia.However,no one has asked what was he doing there with no adults in the house? Phylicia was sheltered but were the reigns loosened with her Baltimore family? We have never heard of anyone other males in the house until now. Was Deena covering up that she went to work and there was an adult male there with Phylicia? Why did Marcus never mention that his cousin had spent the night there and he was to pick him up during the day? Is he the same man who made her feel uncomfortable that she did not tell Deena about? Hinky. No one as of yet, disclosure of name had not been released.

Just got caught up on the Find PB site (I think. It changes so rapidly there).
It will be interesting to see what he says after listening to the interview.
I find it amazing that he says he was not in a relationship since June 2010.

They moved INTO that apartment the summer of 2010. Why would he continue to live there, after they broke up? Is this a matter of after the fact, looking back and realizing their relationship was dead for a long time, and "backdating" to when he realized it was over, in retrospect?

If there was a "new" boyfriend in the works, is this the person who they are calling MJ's "younger brother/cousin who is older than PB"? Or is it someone who has not been named or mentioned yet?

YIkes, this thing is beginning to have more turns and twists than a twizzler.

Based on what MJ and GIJ are saying, their family has been seriously investigated, but LE said two days ago (I posted the article earlier) that MJ is NOT as suspect at this time. So whatever LE did, they feel they have cleared him?

How and Why did the "little brother" turn into a "cousin"? Was this an example of people tripping up while covering up?

And I read on the Find PB site that the caller who called into the PEas interview and really cornered KB was one of the main posters on the Find PB site. Or was saying that she was. Whoever it was, she was good. She should be a journalist or investigator.
DB stated that her and MJ decided to break up in December and he was moving out the month of December and was scheduled to be completed with his move on Jan 1.

And the Find PB page is quite the illuminating read tonight. Who knows if MJ is telling the truth, but we are certainly getting to hear what he has to say, thanks to some level-headed posters on there. Finally, we are getting at his perspective on how events unfolded in the apartment.

If PB did leave the apartment to get something to eat, then I would guess she was abducted.

I can see why LE is so frustrated. Because if events have unfolded the way they are being described (truly, MJ and DB's stories are matching up, for the most part), PB has disappeared without a trace. That's really not what I wanted to hear. I wanted there to be a smoking guy, a red flag that pointed to a guilty party who could tell us how to find PB...

I just have a hard time believing she would be asleep at 1:30, then get up and go out by herself to eat, alone, and without calling or texting one of her sisters. Why would she do that? She knew they had plans to get together already. And she knew it was a sketchy area for a young girl to be out alone in.

About the new clothing being missing. That tells me she may have gotten up to shower and get dressed, to be ready for her sister, and then PERHAPS someone did something to her at that time. Maybe one of the brothers, maybe not. But I don't think she got dressed and then left without telling anyone. Makes no sense to me at all.

Trying to spread the word, but yeah to be honest if your black and missing forget about it. Its the truth. That applies to males too.

No MSM wants to dwell on some black teen lost in Bmore. It happens frequently and lets face it Bmore is high on crime. If the story isnt juicy enough or the victim isnt attractive then if takes hard work to keep the case in the media.

Im in Texas and i've only heard this story on the internet. I contacted local media and they werent interested.

Is that so? I didn't know that's the way things go. However, when I first saw this story being broadcast, HLN had it on there. Then, I noticed other cases being shown more, including extra footage on Debbie Narvaez's case, after they even found out who the killer was. I kept waiting and waiting for HLN or someone to broadcast something. Having said that, I think Phylicia's VERY beautiful and although, she may had experimented, she was/is an overall good girl. It's harsh to even say (dwell on some black teen lost in Bmore). I still pray for Natalee Holloway (even if she and her friends were drinking and stuff). A child is a child and if what you say is correct, that needs to change. Perhaps Bmore might have a lot of work to do as in, the people need to stop committing crimes, a child's life, is a child's life.

Did you read the part where MJ says PB was up around 10am and she showered and then got on the internet? I still think he had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl