MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting dialogue and comments from MJ overnight on the Find PB FB page ( link to this page is in post#10 of this thread).

MJ's timeline of when he was at the apartment the day PB went missing.

9 something am arrived to pick up his little brother (in this instance MJ said little brother. Previously he stated cousin. Perhaps he calls his cousin little brother... anyhoo this is still a family member of MJ . MJ states he took this family member to another family members home.

10 something am returns to apartment to wash clothes and pack. Mentions PB was just getting out of the shower and getting dressed.

?? time MJ mentions PB tells him she wanted to get something to eat at a local store

1:30pm - MJ leaves apartment after packing and washing clothes.

4:50pm. MJ arrives back at the apartment and his little brother is there.

I'm going to take MJ's word for it at the moment.... he appears to be cooperating or at least attempting to clear somethings up.

I'm curious about this little brother/cousin who MJ mentions is a teenager. What time did little brother/cousin arrive back at the apartment? Who brought him there? Who was it that allegedly returned to the apartment and found the door wide open and the music blaring? IF little brother/cousin returned to the apartment and found the place empty with the door open and music blaring and no one showed up to return a few minutes later why didn't he notify MJ something was amiss at the apartment?

hmmmmm - jmo

I wonder if the laundry at the apartment are coin or card the residents have to buy and swipe there cards. If they are cards are they in any way identifiable to the owner?

I still find it odd and concerning that either the little brother/cousin came back to the apartment to find the door wide open and didn't contact anyone to say something along the lines of I got here and the door was open but the place is empty and no one has returned in the last 10-15 minutes I've been sitting here waiting for someone to return. And if PB was already missing when he arrived, and MJ and DB were not home how did this cousin get into the apartment?

-or- MJ returned to find the door wide open and music blaring while his cousin/little brother was alone in the apartment.

Why not clarify that? And again, how DID the cousin get into the apartment.... did he have a key? Who all and how many persons had keys to this apartment?

and if MJ's cousin/little brother was there, why would he drop him off at another family members house and not have him help MJ move? Most people have others help when they move.....

hmmm......

From what MJ wrote on the Find PB site, it sounded like the laundry was in the apartment, like they had a washer/dryer? Because he could hear her talking to her sister. Or was it my interpretation, and he was actually getting his laundry ready to take down to the con op or card op?

The laundry can explain why he left and came back. Maybe he left with his clothes in the dryer, and came back to get them.

MJ seemed surprised his lil bro was back at the apartment, like he didn't expect to see him there.

PB is gone. I still believe someone connected to PB knows what happened.

I thought the laundry was in the building rather than each unit having it's own w/d. I've been in quite a few multi unit properties and in apartment style condo's or units such as the the apartment leased by DB and MJ I've rarely seen individual w/ds in the unit. They usually have a coin or card op for all the residents to use. Especially in a complex with so many buildings. I'd assume each building has it's own coin or card op laundry room.

I too believe the person responsible for PB's disappearance is someone she was acquainted with through DB and MJ.

Also wondering if any of the parties who should have legitimately had a key or keys to the apartment noticed one, or any of their keys missing.

Something I haven't seen mentioned. IF the B and J families are innocent in this, was PB 'friendly' or 'neighborly' with anyone who was a resident of the same apartment building? Did anyone move or abandon their place in the same building unexpectedly around the time PB went missing? Any out of character or unusual behavior from a resident of that particular building? Anyone a resident of that particular building showing an unusual or almost too much support or attention to the case?

While I am unsure how likely the above scenario may be, imo it is definately something to consider.

On another note, I am glad to see the Find PB FB group 'settle down' a bit. Thanks to the posters there who assisted in making that happen.

Something I haven't seen mentioned. IF the B and J families are innocent in this, was PB 'friendly' or 'neighborly' with anyone who was a resident of the same apartment building? Did anyone move or abandon their place in the same building unexpectedly around the time PB went missing? Any out of character or unusual behavior from a resident of that particular building? Anyone a resident of that particular building showing an unusual or almost too much support or attention to the case?

While I am unsure how likely the above scenario may be, imo it is definitely something to consider.

This question was asked in the interview, I believe. BB answered it and said that everyone in the apartment complex had been very helpful and kind. They did not know of anyone who had moved out suddenly, or moved in recently. But I think that is a very good question for LE to pursue.

I searched the RSO in the 5 miles surrounding DB's apartment. Nothing stuck out to me. There were surprisingly few, given the number that are in the Baltimore area. But that doesn't mean none worked in the area...

Investigators are re-interviewing about a dozen friends and associates of Barnes' 27-year-old half-sister, Deena Barnes, who saw the teenager in the days before she disappeared, and are hammering away at any discrepancies in their statements, Guglielmi said. Police have executed search warrants but haven't recovered any evidence.

Sallis has expressed concern about the number of strangers Deena Barnes allowed into her apartment while Phylicia was staying there, but Guglielmi said there's no indication those individuals were up to anything nefarious, describing the atmosphere at the apartment as similar to a college dorm.

full article at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/19/AR2011011903816.html

This article answers some questions for me.
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/mom-of-missing-teen-810151.html

Mom has moved to Atlanta to be with her sister and other family. She can't work at her job (nurse) because she is too distraught.
PB was raised by her step father since age 3.
LE says that they have checked every hospital, dumpster, shelter, and most of the vacant buildings in the area.
Mom says that though PB wanted to go to college in Baltimore, JS was not planning on letting her, though PB did not know that yet.
PB had gone to Baltimore 4 times. (This was the 4th time)

“We believe strongly that something terrible happened to Phylicia, and whether she’s in Baltimore, Kansas or Connecticut, we don’t know because we don’t have any physical evidence to guide us,” he said. “We base our findings on evidence, and we don’t really give a lot of credit or ammunition to opinion. Right now it’s all opinion, and we’re not going to put much weight behind that.” (LE Guglielmi)

“I tell her, ‘baby, you can’t trust every smile that appears in front of you,’” Sallis said. “She’s a ‘people’ person, and she thought everybody was like her. She’s too trusting.” (mom, JS)

I thought the laundry was in the building rather than each unit having it's own w/d. I've been in quite a few multi unit properties and in apartment style condo's or units such as the the apartment leased by DB and MJ I've rarely seen individual w/ds in the unit. They usually have a coin or card op for all the residents to use. Especially in a complex with so many buildings. I'd assume each building has it's own coin or card op laundry room.

I too believe the person responsible for PB's disappearance is someone she was acquainted with through DB and MJ.

I believe you are right about the laundry. MJ was probably getting things ready to take out.
Here is a web site with info about the Reisterstown Square apartments. Lot of good info here.
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/MD-Baltimore-Reisterstown-Square-Safety.html

There is a map of RSO's in the area, and shows 21 people within 1 mile radius. I hope they have all had conversations with LE. There is one within a 1/4 mile radius...
Reading the reviews is good information. One reviewer comments on how the washing machine rates keep going up for no reason. So that would validate a coin op or card op facility.

It's sad in a case like this when so much time has passed and it appears that no new answers are emerging. To go along with the above, it makes it even worse when resources to help are ignored, questioned, dismissed, and / or declined. At this point, Phylicia (and her family) deserve better.

It's sad in a case like this when so much time has passed and it appears that no new answers are emerging. To go along with the above, it makes it even worse when resources to help are ignored, questioned, dismissed, and / or declined. At this point, Phylicia (and her family) deserve better.

I hope the FBI or other resources are making themselves available to help interviewing all of these potential POI's? Do we know if the local PD has asked for help? I never like coincidences, and it seems far too coincidental for me that some other guy did it, and not any of the 20 or so men in and out of the apartment. I think even more important than more media is more help from other LE divisions.

I hope the FBI or other resources are making themselves available to help interviewing all of these potential POI's? Do we know if the local PD has asked for help? I never like coincidences, and it seems far too coincidental for me that some other guy did it, and not any of the 20 or so men in and out of the apartment. I think even more important than more media is more help from other LE divisions.

I have read that the FBI has been (or still is) working the case.

In an article I posted up-thread, LE indicated they were appreciative of the FBI's assistance in interviewing OPI's to nail down a second-by-second timeline, and in evaluating all of the computer records, FB pages, etc. So I believe they are getting support from the FBI.

I hope LE is aware of the Find PB FB page, and is taking notes and screen shots. I now believe PB will be found.

Thank you, the FBI connection must have slipped through my sieve-like brain, I have read all of the posts...

I'm glad someone has confidence that Phylicia will be found...:(

Thank you, the FBI connection must have slipped through my sieve-like brain, I have read all of the posts...

I'm glad someone has confidence that Phylicia will be found...:(

I went back and tried to find it...things have been moving so fast, I think it's on the previous thread! I can't locate it. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214