MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think if the FBI is reviewing those social networking sites they have already figured that out. My guess is the rule out simply hadn't been passed along to the LE spokesperson for this case prior to him being interviewed for that MSM article.

jmo

I have to agree. As you could probably tell by the incredulous tone of my post above (we are in trouble if LE doesn't know the MS posts are from last year).
:)

FWIW...... this discussion thread isn't found easily on google with just using Phylicia Barnes. It is however on the first google page when searching both Phylicia Barnes and MJ's full name. Kind of makes me wonder if MJ has found us or not and is one of our guests reading.

jmo

Maybe someone should contact local LE and make sure they saw the correct dates/posts on her FB...you never know, they could have overlooked something.

ITA Clu. LE could easily get missing info, but may not if they didn't know there was something to get. Thought awhile back that georgiajean was wise :)woohoo:) to save those pages. Something is there or it wouldn't have been deleted.

As for MJ retaining counsel..if you were wealthy (I'm thinking of Jon Benet Ramsey's parents) I could see getting an attorney. As we are fairly certain that MJ is not of those financial means I think it's very telling. Whether the police are scrutinizing you heavily or not..I don't see an innocent person being able to justify the cost. I wouldn't put this in the bombshell category but close.

ITA Clu. LE could easily get missing info, but may not if they didn't know there was something to get. Thought awhile back that georgiajean was wise :)woohoo:) to save those pages. Something is there or it wouldn't have been deleted.

As for MJ retaining counsel..if you were wealthy (I'm thinking of Jon Benet Ramsey's parents) I could see getting an attorney. As we are fairly certain that MJ is not of those financial means I think it's very telling. Whether the police are scrutinizing you heavily or not..I don't see an innocent person being able to justify the cost. I wouldn't put this in the bombshell category but close.

I was thinking along the same lines. I think someone, perhaps GJ (unless anyone else has screen shots) should send those saved FB posts to LE. Or at least call and ask if they need a copy. And then can perhaps send via email or if they are too lengthy upload to a disk and send LE the disk.

Technically we don't know who deleted the Find PB threads/comments. If the initial poster deleted them all following comments would go poof. If MJ deleted his own posts, he didn't start any threads (that I recall) and only his posts would disappear, not the whole 'thread'. It is also possible the group owner cleaned them up as well if she removed any members versus them leaving the group on their own accord. I tend to lean towards the group owner removed some members and also removed their posts. Likely not realizing they may have been useful to LE.

jmo

DB (told) JS that PB drink and smoked a little. Why would DB tell JS that? PB was already missing. DB wouldn't have had to volunteer that information (unless PB told someone else) she was participating in these activities, and the person that PB (perhaps) confided in, relayed it (back) to JS. imo, not unless DB was just (stunned about what all had taken place).

If LE couldn't find any traces of drug use in the apt, the apt had to be cleaned by someone. There will (always) be traces of drug use in this type of apt (unless people know that someone will be coming, looking for something) Not saying this is the case in that particular apt.

I read somewhere on a forum, where someone stated that (DB may NOT have known what was going on in that apt and may NOT have known what kind of apt it was) With-in that comment, it was also mentioned, (where were DB's neighbors and why did they NOT hear anything). Many times when a person is a supplier of some sort, the neighbors or whom ever are clients to what is being offered, become close to the supplier. It was stated that (mainly MJ's family and friends would stop by mostly) If I remember correctly. Although, I'm not stating that illegal activity was taking place in the apt. (It was only stated that drinking etc..was going on in the apt.)

I strongly disagree with how a person would react to Marijuana when being a first time user or if a person hasn't used in a long time. A first time user of Marijuana (will absolutely feel the effects). It would be a head rush quickly, with a lingering effect until the high comes down. I think the users get hungry as well. Perhaps it effects others differently.

One more thing that baffles me, Why doesn't anyone EVER mentions MJ's place of employment or at least, what are his duties/responsibilities, perhaps at least a job description. Is he on Call 24/7 or something?

MJ appears to be very smart/intelligent. Not saying MJ but, there's one thing that can cause a person to NOT appear as such. An anger issue.. A lack of self control. Out-burst. Unable to control emotions when angered. Not being in control of a situation. MJ also stated, (on FB group that) he was the more competitive of the brothers. (that says something about MJ's way of thinking and his behavior). (Some) people with these type of traits, appear to come off as (extremist). One should NEVER trust an extremist. There's no telling what they might do. (not saying this is the case with MJ).

I was thinking along the same lines. I think someone, perhaps GJ (unless anyone else has screen shots) should send those saved FB posts to LE. Or at least call and ask if they need a copy. And then can perhaps send via email or if they are too lengthy upload to a disk and send LE the disk.

Technically we don't know who deleted the Find PB threads/comments. If the initial poster deleted them all following comments would go poof. If MJ deleted his own posts, he didn't start any threads (that I recall) and only his posts would disappear, not the whole 'thread'. It is also possible the group owner cleaned them up as well if she removed any members versus them leaving the group on their own accord. I tend to lean towards the group owner removed some members and also removed their posts. Likely not realizing they may have been useful to LE.

jmo

My understanding was the page owner Un-membered everyone, and then invited some back, or allowed people to ask to be in again? I wasn't a member of the page when it happened, so I don't know.
Anyway, when everyone was un-memebered, the threads they had started disappeared. Is that right?

The list of messages isn't terribly long. It's just a word file. I actually sent it to a family member who asked me about it. A day after I sent it, the page was "scrubbed." And shortly thereafter MJ lawyer-ed up. I'm not saying those things are related. I think things are coming to a head, of their own accord. I'm happy to send them anywhere that might help.

DB (told) JS that PB drink and smoked a little. Why would DB tell JS that? PB was already missing. DB wouldn't have had to volunteer that information (unless PB told someone else) she was participating in these activities, and the person that PB (perhaps) confided in, relayed it (back) to JS. imo, not unless DB was just (stunned about what all had taken place).

If LE couldn't find any traces of drug use in the apt, the apt had to be cleaned by someone. There will (always) be traces of drug use in this type of apt (unless people know that someone will be coming, looking for something) Not saying this is the case in that particular apt.

(RSBM)

My guess is that PB told SS (sister in NC) a bit about what was going on, and SS shared with JS after the fact. So JS went to DB with some information, and DB rightly spilled the beans. That's all IMO. Based on the fact that SS told JS about the sexual overture PB turned down, and that there were a lot of men in the apt that made PB feel uncomfortable, after the fact. At the time, SS may have felt it was harmless for PB to be doing some safe experimenting. Again, IMO.

As for the drug use, LE said there was some drug use, but nothing "illegal." Not sure what that means. Perhaps that a small bit of pot isn't a big deal when you are looking at a possibly abducted and killed teenager. One look at the many twitter, MS, and FB pages of the individuals associated with that apartment, and it is clear that green leafy stuff is very important to their recreating, as is vodka mixed with anything.

We have to hope MJ spoke with someone that afternoon. Someone he likely used as a pawn like the others into convincing them he was somewhere other than where he was. I hope 1)ANYONE who spoke with MJ from 10am throughout the remainder of the day and into the following day has called LE to share their conversation with LE and appx what time it was. 2)LE is in the process of scouring his cell records and pings and putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

Still betting MJ will NOT cooperate and voluntarily take a poly. (I don't think he'd pass it and I don't think he believes he is sharp enough to pass it.)

JMO

Sorry to quote myself again...... Thinking about this again it is very likely LE HAS MJ's phone records so they would have record of any incoming and outgoing calls/texts and to and from whom.

I'd bet money LE is interviewing anyone MJ called or texted or anyone who called MJ or texted MJ. Probably checking stories with pings....... and the first one to spill the truth is the one who gets to make the deal with LE. tick tock tick tock

hmmmm.. jmo.

I read somewhere on a forum, where someone stated that (DB may NOT have known what was going on in that apt and may NOT have known what kind of apt it was) With-in that comment, it was also mentioned, (where were DB's neighbors and why did they NOT hear anything). Many times when a person is a supplier of some sort, the neighbors or whom ever are clients to what is being offered, become close to the supplier. It was stated that (mainly MJ's family and friends would stop by mostly) If I remember correctly. Although, I'm not stating that illegal activity was taking place in the apt. (It was only stated that drinking etc..was going on in the apt.)

I strongly disagree with how a person would react to Marijuana when being a first time user or if a person hasn't used in a long time. A first time user of Marijuana (will absolutely feel the effects). It would be a head rush quickly, with a lingering effect until the high comes down. I think the users get hungry as well. Perhaps it effects others differently.

One more thing that baffles me, Why doesn't anyone EVER mentions MJ's place of employment or at least, what are his duties/responsibilities, perhaps at least a job description. Is he on Call 24/7 or something?

MJ appears to be very smart/intelligent. Not saying MJ but, there's one thing that can cause a person to NOT appear as such. An anger issue.. A lack of self control. Out-burst. Unable to control emotions when angered. Not being in control of a situation. MJ also stated, (on FB group that) he was the more competitive of the brothers. (that says something about MJ's way of thinking and his behavior). (Some) people with these type of traits, appear to come off as (extremist). One should NEVER trust an extremist. There's no telling what they might do. (not saying this is the case with MJ).

I think DB did so to be fully honest and upfront with JS. She didn't have to offer up the info, but perhaps doing so was her way to come clean and admit/take responsibility for some of the choices she made. I'll add while incredibly poor choices I don't believe them to tie her to the responsiblity of whomever is responsible for PB's disappearance. Lots of people run in a variety of circles, some which shade or blend slightly into 'rough crowds' and many times no one gets hurt. What peaves me off is usually in a crowd like that someone acts as a big brother or big sister (figuratively) keeping an eye out for the younger ones. That apparently did not happen in this case. :furious:

LE may have found evidence of drug use, but if they didn't find paraphernalia and DB and MJ only moved in 6 months ago, there really is no way to prove they were using drugs or it was the tenants prior to them using drugs. (shy of a failed drug test and I don't know that would be enough to work on other than theory wise). I think if they found something, even seeds they could have taken someone in questioned them hard -charging them and possibly pushing for answers via that angle. Not to say that option isn't still on the table for LE. It's always possible they are playing a waiting game to see what additional evidence they can gather prior to going that route.

jmo

My understanding was the page owner Un-membered everyone, and then invited some back, or allowed people to ask to be in again? I wasn't a member of the page when it happened, so I don't know.
Anyway, when everyone was un-memebered, the threads they had started disappeared. Is that right?

The list of messages isn't terribly long. It's just a word file. I actually sent it to a family member who asked me about it. A day after I sent it, the page was "scrubbed." And shortly thereafter MJ lawyer-ed up. I'm not saying those things are related. I think things are coming to a head, of their own accord. I'm happy to send them anywhere that might help.

Dunno. They were there one day and than the next time I looked there was a fraction of what was originally posted. Glad you sent the info to the family. thanks!

ETA: It might not be a bad idea for you to send the file via email to LE. At least a second copy might ensure the B family or JS didn't manipulate the file.... and it might be a little more for LE to help gain access to any deleted FB info...... just a thought.

It is so frustrating to see so many cases not getting solved; I hope this is not going to be another one. Sometimes it seems worse when LE has a likely suspect, as we've seen in other cases, and yet nothing happens, they just don't have enough evidence. And the person stays missing...

If there are a number of people who know a little bit about what happened to Phylicia, they seem to have been keeping quiet for a month now...I hope they will begin to crack and come forward. Maybe they will see MJ getting a lawyer as just how serious this all is, and try to make a deal for whatever part they may have played. If this was a one-person crime, then we have to leave it to LE to hopefully put it together, as I don't think they will be getting a confession.

I've been trying to read as much information as I can about this case. There is a lot here and so if I ask anything that has been answered, please go easy on me :)
Just trying to think about what could've happened to this beautiful young woman.
*These are just some scenereos I thought could be possible but are strictly my own opinions. Just trying to think about what might have happened that day.
Am I right that MJ had a new gf? Any information about her being questioned, etc? Has anything been said about fights or confrontations at the apartment, not that day but even in the past year or so? Was it the kind of place where people loud and fighting or just liked to party and have a good time? Just wondering what the general feel of the place was, kwim?

I was just thinking that it could be possible that a new love interest of MJ thought he was going back to the appartment to hook up with DB and followed him there, thinking PB was DB and sometihing went wrong.

Maybe MJ and or LBC or someone else told PB that something was going to happen and scared her into leaving the apartment. Maybe told her someone was coming there looking for drugs or money or something else. The scenereo I was thinking was that they told her it wasn't safe for her to be there by herself for whatever reason and that they needed to leave quickly and she left with them in a hurry, thus the reason for the shoes she was wearing and the items left at the appartment.

Again, these are just my brainstorming ideas about possibilities as to what could have happened that day.

My prayers are with the family. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is.

Auburnmommyof2 outside of MJ's post about a new gf on the Find PB FB group there has been no mention or confirmation of a new girl friend either way. Reasonable possibilities you bring up however.......

As for scaring her into leaving the apartment for some reason, I think is probably unlikely because it has been reported she left without all of her cash or debit card. If she was afraid of something about to occur she'd probably not leave her cash or debit card behind.

hth and thank you for your interest in Phylicia's case.

Cubby, I don't think MJ will be willing to agree with taking a LDT either. I don't think his attorney will allow or recommend it. I don't even understand why MJ's attorney did NOT recommend or counsel MJ to NOT be on the internet yapping, not necessarily confessing but, it is striking to me that MJ would (on his own behalf) give an account for activities on the 28th of Dec, 2010.

It reminds me of when Terri Horman (was) a POI. It was stated that she was on a certain forum, under an unknown name, attempting to defend herself. The members of that forum caught on right away. TH was trying (hard) to defend herself. I remember, once people knew who she really was, All of a sudden she stopped posting comments (and her profile was deleted). I don't know by who. That was around the time that TH either first hired an attorney or (after) her attorney found out her reckless behavior (by posting).

I'm thinking MJ was commenting because he hadn't been advised NOT too. Or either, he was being (sneaky) behind his attorney's back. Then again, it appears as if MJ likes to run the show. My apologies for all my questions on my recent comments. I just like answers. Someone once said, "how will you know if you don't ask". One more thing, Why hasn't anyone mentioned who attempted to make advances at PB? I'm thinking, if it were to be MJ, that would absolutely be a motive to where as, MJ had to move so quickly. It would explain why DB didn't want MJ in the apt with PB unless DB was there. It might even explain why MJ had to do his own laundry (if his woman was mad at him). Often, when the woman does laundry, she normally does her companion laundry as well.

Auburnmommyof2 outside of MJ's post about a new gf on the Find PB FB group there has been no mention or confirmation of a new girl friend either way. Reasonable possibilities you bring up however.......

As for scaring her into leaving the apartment for some reason, I think is probably unlikely because it has been reported she left without all of her cash or debit card. If she was afraid of something about to occur she'd probably not leave her cash or debit card behind.

hth and thank you for your interest in Phylicia's case.

To the bolded. I meant scaring her into leaving like the come on we gotta get the heck out of here kinda scaring, kwim. She probably had her phone in her hand or on her body most of the time (just thinking about girls her age that I know) and ran out quickly with whoever, not even thinking about her cash or debit card. This is probably unlikely, but just a thought.

I also didn't realize they had only lived there for 6 months. What about the previous tennants? Somebody could've come to the appartment looking to harm the previous tennants, not realizing they didn't live there anymore. PB ends up with someone who doesn't even know DB or MJ.

Just my opions about possibilities about what could've happened.

Pulled from GJ's post #148 in this thread:

· SS (JB's older sister, JS's oldest daughter) talked to PB on Monday. During that phone call on Monday, PB told SS that one of the guys had made a sexual advance at PB, and she had rejected him, and that she felt uncomfortable. http://www.wbtv.com/global/category....partnerclipid= (no longer available Was raw, unedited interview with JS)

I wish we knew more about this call between PB and her sister SS.
What time did she speak to PB?
Did PB give SS the name of who made the (alleged) sexual advance at her? If so, has LE been able to rule this person out based on a solid alibi for the last time PB was seen? Is this person cooperating with LE?

How many people did PB reveal that she was uncomfortable? Was it only this one sister SS? I don't have any reason to doubt SS's story... just wondering how many people PB may have confided in...

lot's of questions here too.......

IF what JS said is accurate, that she was told MJ did not have a key wouldn't this be somewhat indicative of MJ already having another apartment? I know many times people have to move the same day (more so with sellers/buyers versus renters imo).

I'd like to know when MJ signed the lease on his new apartment and when he had obtained keys to the new place. Was he in the process of moving leisurely and hung around because he knew it bothered others?

When people say they have to be out by the first, that usually means by midnight on the first. Where was MJ supposed to be taking his stuff that day? Was he doing laundry and packing or did he actually have access to a place to move into the day PB went missing?

IF what JS said is accurate, that she was told MJ did not have a key wouldn't this be somewhat indicative of MJ already having another apartment? I know many times people have to move the same day (more so with sellers/buyers versus renters imo).

I'd like to know when MJ signed the lease on his new apartment and when he had obtained keys to the new place. Was he in the process of moving leisurely and hung around because he knew it bothered others?

When people say they have to be out by the first, that usually means by midnight on the first. Where was MJ supposed to be taking his stuff that day? Was he doing laundry and packing or did he actually have access to a place to move into the day PB went missing?

Awesome questions. It may have been difficult for MJ to sign a lease. If so, he would have to go and stay with other relatives, friends or move in with another companion. (if he even has a NEW companion). Can you imagine, if a person was use to being boss of the castle he/she resided at and suddenly it is all taken away, perhaps because (a certain someone) created havoc by mentioning the bosses disturbing activity?

I've been trying to read as much information as I can about this case. There is a lot here and so if I ask anything that has been answered, please go easy on me :)
Just trying to think about what could've happened to this beautiful young woman.
*These are just some scenereos I thought could be possible but are strictly my own opinions. Just trying to think about what might have happened that day.
Am I right that MJ had a new gf? Any information about her being questioned, etc? Has anything been said about fights or confrontations at the apartment, not that day but even in the past year or so? Was it the kind of place where people loud and fighting or just liked to party and have a good time? Just wondering what the general feel of the place was, kwim?

I was just thinking that it could be possible that a new love interest of MJ thought he was going back to the appartment to hook up with DB and followed him there, thinking PB was DB and sometihing went wrong.

Maybe MJ and or LBC or someone else told PB that something was going to happen and scared her into leaving the apartment. Maybe told her someone was coming there looking for drugs or money or something else. The scenereo I was thinking was that they told her it wasn't safe for her to be there by herself for whatever reason and that they needed to leave quickly and she left with them in a hurry, thus the reason for the shoes she was wearing and the items left at the appartment.

Again, these are just my brainstorming ideas about possibilities as to what could have happened that day.

My prayers are with the family. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is.

I appreciate your new thinking. These are angles that, quite honestly, I had not considered! It is great to get a "shot in the arm" of new possibilities to ponder and compare to the evidence...

I think it is safe to say that DB, and possibly KB, have lied to cover their own mistakes, and to protect themselves/others. Not sure if they have knowledge of anything nefarious that occurred, or if they are just very, very young.

Db lied to JS about what was going on at the apartment (drugs, alcohol, parties, people there). Then she told the truth when confronted after PB went missing, then she's not telling the truth when she is with family, and not telling the truth when on the Peas interviews.

She told JS that MJ wasn't staying there and didn't have a key. Then on Peas she said there was no reason for MJ NOT to be at the apartment because his name was on the lease and he had a key.

LE, please get everyone involved to take LDTs tomorrow. Please. Let's rule out who can be ruled out, and tighten the noose tighter on those responsible for this terrible event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro