MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For any other "locals" feel free to give your opinion but I wanted people who aren't local to understand that Baltimore and the surrounding counties are tons of neighborhoods that have very distinct flavors. Not sure how to explain it but it seems very different to me then other blue collar cities.
In most cities you know what side of town to stay away from. In Baltimore you have to know which block to stay away from and even in the trendy areas there is pretty serious crime.
Where PB was staying is pretty crime ridden but as I said before a place where you would be ok for the most part during the day.
I really feel this has to be related to the activity in the apt. in the previous days.

I've lived in Baltimore county all my life and I agree with what you've written. North Bend isn't part of Edmondson Village, but is just as dangerous. The Ten Hills neighborhood is between Edmondson Village and N. Bend.

I think the city police commissioner actually lives in Ten Hills It's a pretty area, large homes on beautiful lots, although I'm not sure I would feel safe there, knowing whats just outside the boundaries. I'm not sure exactly what the area around N. Bend is called. In the '60's, I used to walk to Edmondson Village with my grandmother who lived nearby......would not even get out of the car in that area now. Crime and drugs are plentiful.

Reisterstown Road plaza I would say is very similar to Edmondson Village. Crimes and drugs turned what was once a nice shopping area into a dangerous place. If Phylicia's mother knew what that area was like, I don't think she would have let her daughter visit.

It doesn't appear to be the same person so I will remove the comment.

Thanks, GJ!

As a result of your mentioning that there's more than one listed, I removed my post which had the Spokeo link attached.

Condolences to the family of Mr. Harper. This is a very sad time.

The male body has been identified.
The MSP presser link won't open though.
http://www.mdsp.org/
MALE BODY FOUND IN SUSQUEHANNA RIVER IDENTIFIED

The link is working again. Lots of good info on Mr. Harper. "Mrs. Harper told investigators a relative in the Harrisburg, PA area had called to tell her Darryl Harper had checked himself into a hospital in East Penn, PA, on the Susquehanna River, on March 25, 2011, requesting help with mental health issues. Police learned he stayed in the hospital one night. According to Mrs. Harper, her husband told a relative in March he was going to jump off a bridge."

I've lived in Baltimore county all my life and I agree with what you've written. North Bend isn't part of Edmondson Village, but is just as dangerous. The Ten Hills neighborhood is between Edmondson Village and N. Bend.

I think the city police commissioner actually lives in Ten Hills It's a pretty area, large homes on beautiful lots, although I'm not sure I would feel safe there, knowing whats just outside the boundaries. I'm not sure exactly what the area around N. Bend is called. In the '60's, I used to walk to Edmondson Village with my grandmother who lived nearby......would not even get out of the car in that area now. Crime and drugs are plentiful.

Reisterstown Road plaza I would say is very similar to Edmondson Village. Crimes and drugs turned what was once a nice shopping area into a dangerous place. If Phylicia's mother knew what that area was like, I don't think she would have let her daughter visit.

ITA. Ten Hills is a beautiful neighborhood as well as the other neighborhood on Edmondson just before you enter the city. Those homes are amazing but I think we are agreeing that in Bmore you have great areas encapsulated by scary, scary places.
Those homes are to die for. Beautifully built, custom homes but I will stay in my suburb in my brick cottage and feel safe.
I do think Edmonson Village area is worse then RR Plaza area now but I wouldn't go to either one unless I needed to. Both areas you go around the corner and you have these pretty upscale areas.

It sounds like this other guy is not related. Is he a musician? Is that the right guy? So sad...was he reported missing? God Bless his family.

Off topic...but do you remember the barber shop windows? So sad what became of Baltimore

Baltimore is predominately African American. I think the polices attitude was more about PB's age then race.Her age made her more likely a runaway. I think though that any missing person should be treated as endangered. That is just my opinion.
As far as media coverage, in the Baltimore/DC area there was pretty good coverage and I saw a lot of fliers covering a large area.
I don't know if I would go on Nancy Grace. I guess I would put up with her misinformation, drama and disrepect if it got attention for my loved one.

FYI: There are many cases including PB's where being a AA and living in a certain area will not get you the proper response by LE! Please understand that!
I have so many stories from police to ambulance (in major cities filled with AA)
where the ones put in place to protect and serve were slow to respond because of RACE. But no need to share them, just know that race (in the beginning) played a very important part of this case, just as it does with many others.

No pun intended, just stating facts.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/27675497/detail.html

"Police on Tuesday identified the man as Darryl Harper, 53, of Richmond, Va.
Detectives said they were able to match his fingerprints to prints entered into a national missing persons database."

......so he had been reported missing.

Wow this is sad, it turned out to be the man who jumped off the bridge.
That explains why they knew his weight, because he was not that decomposed as PB.

Now it is starting to make sense.

FYI: There are many cases including PB's where being a AA and living in a certain area will not get you the proper response by LE! Please understand that!
I have so many stories from police to ambulance (in major cities filled with AA)
where the ones put in place to protect and serve were slow to respond because of RACE. But no need to share them, just know that race (in the beginning) played a very important part of this case, just as it does with many others.

No pun intended, just stating facts.

I do think it is a matter of perspective and maybe I have been lucky enough to not have experienced it. I respect what you are saying completely.

Thats how it is in many cities. Los Angeles for one. You have to drive by different blocks. Because one block could be beautiful and appear safe, while the one around the corner is full of vacant houses, drugs, and gangs.

Look at whats behind our WHITE HOUSE? This seems to the norm for most major cities in this country?

Thats how it is in many cities. Los Angeles for one. You have to drive by different blocks. Because one block could be beautiful and appear safe, while the one around the corner is full of vacant houses, drugs, and gangs.

Look at whats behind our WHITE HOUSE? This seems to the norm for most major cities in this country?

In DC though it is more divided IMO. Baltimore is literally block to block....a block of gorgeous rehabbed homes and a block of boarded up crack and heroin houses.

I think PB was totally out of the element she knew

I do think it is a matter of perspective and maybe I have been lucky enough to not have experienced it. I respect what you are saying completely.

I have a lifetime of stories that would shock you.
If more people could be made aware and understand then maybe things could change for the better? But until then I will continue to make sure that people are aware of its existence, and not pretend that it no longer is around.

In DC though it is more divided IMO. Baltimore is literally block to block....a block of gorgeous rehabbed homes and a block of boarded up crack and heroin houses.

I have seen this in Los Angeles, St. Louis, Detroit, and some of Chicago.
Maybe in some of New York.
Lets not forget the cities where your Black Universities are?
ATL for one?
Its block for block!

Everytime I tell my sister about this story, she asks why did her Mom let her go there? Didn't she check it out first?
I try to explain to her that this was PB's 4th time going there, and that DB and KB lead JS to believe that she would be OK.
DB has just moved there I believe in August, and was this DB's first time living with MJ?
I have ofter wondered what DB's living arrangements were prior to this apt.?
Why was she so desperate to live there with a guy who was obvious living on the edge?

I have seen this in Los Angeles, St. Louis, Detroit, and some of Chicago.
Maybe in some of New York.
Lets not forget the cities where your Black Universities are?
ATL for one?

First you said your stories could shock me....they probably would and I will never say I very informed about things not in the arena of my day to day life. I grew up in a family where you take everyone on their own basis...so I don't understand the racial issues I am sure.

Maybe I am not well informed about other cities outside of Bmore/DC. I have traveled extensively but of course being a tourist or being in a city for work you don't see the "inside".

I am not sure if you are Caucasian/A.A. or some other race but I think that you are very informative about race relations where I might not have known .....I am always willing to learn and never think my opinions are right...they are from my perspective and I will always listen.

I just hope that some racial thought or some thought about the area PB went missing in didn't influence her case. God forbid we find out something like that cost her, her life

I don't think MJ was himself the morning of Dec 28th. I think MJ was troubled over something that had taken place on the night of the 27th or the middle of the morning on the 28th. I think MJ was troubled to the point that he drink and smoked more than he normally does. I don't think MJ got any sleep the night b4 Dec 28th and probably didn't score with any of the females he wanted to score with. I could be wrong. Just thinking out loud.

For men that are womanizers, it is common that at some point, each of his lady friends get upset with him at the same time and none of them want to deal with him. Still thinking out loud

Will somebody please tell me, when did MJ go to work?
I know he worked the evening or night shift, but was he off of work
on the 27th and the 28th?
Is that why DB stated that she was shocked when she came home from work on the 27th to find MJ there at the apt. partying with his friends?

At this point DB should have packed her bags and her and PB went to one of her relatives to stay until MJ left the apt. for GOOD?

I have a lot of respect for Fred Bealfeld. The Chief of the BCPD. I am going to try and have faith that they know something we don't and will get the perp.
I hope they will give it their all and I hope that they give their all to every missing person or crime victim.

First you said your stories could shock me....they probably would and I will never say I very informed about things not in the arena of my day to day life. I grew up in a family where you take everyone on their own basis...so I don't understand the racial issues I am sure.

Maybe I am not well informed about other cities outside of Bmore/DC. I have traveled extensively but of course being a tourist or being in a city for work you don't see the "inside".

I am not sure if you are Caucasian/A.A. or some other race but I think that you are very informative about race relations where I might not have known .....I am always willing to learn and never think my opinions are right...they are from my perspective and I will always listen.

I just hope that some racial thought or some thought about the area PB went missing in didn't influence her case. God forbid we find out something like that cost her, her life

I don't think PB survived that many hours after she was taken from the apt.
My concern is LE catching the criminals that did this to her, and finding her?
Thus taking some of the pain and angony away from JS.
This could have been handled, and most likely would have been handled differently if she were blonde hair, and blue eyes. Rich, and from an well to do family.

Also my previous post was talking about neighborhoods and how different they are from block too block in many of the major cities that I have seen.

I have a lot of respect for Fred Bealfeld. The Chief of the BCPD. I am going to try and have faith that they know something we don't and will get the perp.
I hope they will give it their all and I hope that they give their all to every missing person or crime victim.

Well you keep having faith, but I have no faith in man.
I lost hope in this system we call Justice along time ago?

Also with all of the attention brought to this case they better make good of it. But like an earlier post said, some of what they are doing and saying is not correct?

Also watch the you tube video, according to the DJ they are not handling this case the way they should, and things could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave