MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard of any bodies turning up before in the 15 years we've lived here. Going through the dam doesn't seem to be an easy task. She was found in the retaining lake to the north side of the dam. There hasn't been much info about his body other than to say they were both found nude. As far as dumping spots, there are many rather rural boat launches up and down the river. I don't think it would be hard to dump a body in the evening under cover of darkness.

46-year-old Steven Wandishin of Harrisburg was found in the Susquehanna River on March 5 or 6th, 2011.

http://www.abc27.com/story/14201453/coroner-ids-body-found-in-susquehanna-river?redirected=true

Lillian Calabro was found in the Pennsylvania part of Susquehanna River on March 21, 2011, who had been missing since March 11, 2011. She was from an area called Pittston near Wilkes Barre.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/missing-pittston-woman-s-body-found-near-susquehanna-river-1.1121676

I read the comment from the RO person on the other site.
I think that they are telling half truths and half lies, knowing that people are now looking for reasons, and how?

I don't think PB went missing early that morning, because DB, KB and all POI's would be in big trouble with the law? Isn't it called "obstructing justice"?
Unless this was a big drug deal gone bad and DB, KB and others were afraid to tell the truth? We know that none of the POI's have told the whole truth, but LE knows that their truths were cloudy, therefore they are most likely relying on the phones, and text records to help sort out the truth?
KB, and DB could not have simply told LE that they were in contact with her, and she was on FB that same day and did contact someone that day outside of the circle.
Also I think the part about the truth is the drug deal involvement. Yes it is apparent that there were drugs being sold out of that house, and we really don't know what PB was exposed to that day or any days previous?
MJ and others could have gotten caught up in a drug deal once they took PB to get something to eat?
MJ could have put a drug date rape in her drink once he took her to get something to eat?
But why didn't KB check on her anyway, especially after she was already informed that PB was up and dressed ready to go? What fears did KB have going to that apt.?
A red car could have been involved? How we don't know?
Other parties could have been involved?
Motive, I still think was about sex, and naiveness?
PB's friends were very hestitate about saying if she had a love interest or not on the Peas interview?
Like I said earlier this is one crazy and messed up case!
And most of it is because there is no clarity from the ones who were suppose to be
watching over her? (at least not to us, maybe to LE)

If a red car was involved, Lil GJ has a lot of explaining to do. His FB profile picture for the past months has shown him sitting in a red car (looks like a 2-door car).

Has anyone seen the POI's "MySpace" page with the Pictures of bridges and guns and masks?

i have betterbe...they don't look to destructive... which is why all this may be puzzling.

thanks to early poster for the acroynm help lol please post more..

so what about the male found? did they ID him yet?

Yes, he has been id'd and LE determined there was no connection between his case and Phylicia's case. Links are upthread somewhere.

hth

46-year-old Steven Wandishin of Harrisburg was found in the Susquehanna River on March 5 or 6th, 2011.

http://www.abc27.com/story/14201453/coroner-ids-body-found-in-susquehanna-river?redirected=true

Lillian Calabro was found in the Pennsylvania part of Susquehanna River on March 21, 2011, who had been missing since March 11, 2011. She was from an area called Pittston near Wilkes Barre.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/mi...s-body-found-near-susquehanna-river-1.1121676

The Susquehanna River travels for hundreds of miles and crosses through three states. New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland. These other two bodies were found in Pennsylvania. I was referring to no bodies being found in the Maryland area of the Susquehanna.

If you are in the Baltimore, Maryland area or visiting on May 14th----Memorial Service for Phylicia Barnes will be held at Mount Pleasant Church and Ministries 6000 Radecke Ave, Baltimore, Md 21206 on Saturday, May 14th at 11am.

I haven't heard of any bodies turning up before in the 15 years we've lived here. Going through the dam doesn't seem to be an easy task. She was found in the retaining lake to the north side of the dam. There hasn't been much info about his body other than to say they were both found nude. As far as dumping spots, there are many rather rural boat launches up and down the river. I don't think it would be hard to dump a body in the evening under cover of darkness.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...a-20100507_1_art-windemuth-conowingo-dam-body

Shimeboff had been missing since Saturday, when the boat he and three others were in capsized just north of the Conowingo Dam in an area known as Cops Cove, according to Sgt. Art Windemuth, the spokesman.

Spring of last year, I am thinking this would be the same place?

Private funeral for Phylicia Barnes set

The immediate family (Sallis/Mustafa) of the late Phylicia Simone Barnes has released plans for her private funeral services. The service will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2011, at 1:00 pm

<snip>

The family has asked that the public respect their request for a private homegoing service. At their request, media cameras will not be permitted in the sanctuary. The services can be accessed online via internet streaming at www.sbclive.org beginning at 1:00 pm.

full article at link:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2011/05/private_funeral_for_phylicia_b.html

The Maryland State Police just issued a statement that Phylicia's body has been released to her family. The autopsy determined the manner of death to be homicide. The cause of death was determined but is not being released at this time due to ongoing investigation. No one has been charged at this time.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...a-20100507_1_art-windemuth-conowingo-dam-body

Shimeboff had been missing since Saturday, when the boat he and three others were in capsized just north of the Conowingo Dam in an area known as Cops Cove, according to Sgt. Art Windemuth, the spokesman.

Spring of last year, I am thinking this would be the same place?

It seems like it could be. I have never heard of Cops Cove but I'm not a fisherman.

It seems like there have been more bodies there over the years than I realized.

While officers say they have determined her cause of death, they are "not releasing that information because it is an important part of the ongoing investigation. To release a cause of death at this time could jeopardize the investigation by revealing information known only to the person or persons responsible for her death."

Full article at link:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14573596/phylicia-barnes-death-labeled-a-homicide-by-maryland-police

While LE did not say so, I think we can rule out the possible overdose. I think if PB had died from an overdose, those who provided alcohol and drugs to her would have already been arrested.

Praying the COD leads LE to an arrest and conviction of the person responsible for murdering PB.

Thinking outloud again..... I know many of us thought all along PB was murdered, however seeing it confirmed broke my heart all over again. My heart breaking for JS - as I can not imagine being in her shoes. For RB and the rest of the B family - thinking along the lines of how many years they missed and then having so little time with her after being reunited.

Thinking again back to the possile OD theory. I can't say with 100% certainty that has been ruled out. I simply don't know enough about how a dealer or the person who actually hands another person enough drugs to OD.....

I find myself wondering, if she was sexually assaulted would there still be evidence after her being in the water for so long? How would they determine asphyxiation being in the water so long? Or perhaps her neck was broken as that would not be visible initially ( or most likely not noticable).

I find myself saddened again for this amazing young woman, so beautiful and so bright, and all that was taken from her far too soon.

Phylicia you are not forgotten, nor will you be forgotten. We will keep praying and keep looking for answers until the justice you deserve is found.

Private funeral for Phylicia Barnes set

The immediate family (Sallis/Mustafa) of the late Phylicia Simone Barnes has released plans for her private funeral services. The service will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2011, at 1:00 pm

<snip>

The family has asked that the public respect their request for a private homegoing service. At their request, media cameras will not be permitted in the sanctuary. The services can be accessed online via internet streaming at www.sbclive.org beginning at 1:00 pm.

full article at link:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2011/05/private_funeral_for_phylicia_b.html

Burying her beloved daughter the day before Mothers Day. Dear God!

It is very sad to realize that Phylicia was very likely if not definitely dead before we ever even heard of her. It is so often the case.

Being a local, is this area of the Susquenhanna a place some might choose to vacation for the winter holidays?

Being from the Great Lakes area myself, I know many of the usual within an hour or two vacation spots are in the 'snow belt' getting so much lake effect snow they would be almost impossible to access during Christmas/New Years holidays....

I know Baltimore is not in a similiar 'lake effect snow' area - so would love to get some more input from yourself or any other locals on winter holidays and vacationing near the dam.

I of course would also love to know of any history the J family or any of the 30 or so persons to have met PB may have had with this area of the Susquenhanna river and or dam. Was this an area they visted as a child? Any family or friends visit there at any time?

tia

No. Deep Creek Lake is considered seasonal because of the skiing. Very far from Baltimore and Harford County though. The dam area is for fishing and has beach and park areas. Spring and summer mostly. Maryland gets cold in the winter.

Forgive me for being so far behind on this thread. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery, in pain, taking my pain meds. Is the person in the article "royr..." referring to the night of the 27th? On December 28th, did PB make a comment on one of her Facebook/classmate friend's wall? Didn't she indicate on Facebook that she was chillin at sis apt with sis bf.

My concern is with PB's contacts on FB and her texts are electronic so anyone with access can pretend to be her. Did anyone actually speak with her after her mother the night before? Besides what the two sisters and ex-bf, etc.? I'm still uneasy about that not knowing her cause of death and throw in drug dealers, etc.

While so sad (her pics in paper upon finding her are so incredibly beautiful!), I'd rather her be found for peace of family, and cause of death be issued as homicide. As we knew all along...now let them come, and pray let them say....what rats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave