Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
without a picture of his face, I think that the video is better for ruling people OUT, rather than IDing someone IMO. However, where are the profilers? Because who assaults a young girl and kills a grown woman? And it seems not to be robbery- it's sport?
Rachel was very petite and fit. If it was a crime of opportunity it is possible he mistook her for a teenager or young woman, especially if he initially sighted her from afar (say, in the parking lot) and was only following her from behind. Realizing she was older could also be motive for the violence he inflicted.

I agree with others here who suspect he has family/relational ties to this town. He fled CA after his March crime. Also reminds me of the guy that killed Mollie Tibbetts - he was a seasonal worker.

As for the arm everyone is concerned about, seems obvious to me it is the vicitm's due to how small it is and level with the door handle. Old Cop gave a perfectly logical interpretation of why she closed the door on him a few pages back as defiance/anger.

AUG 25, 2023
Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler is warning the public isn’t safe until Rachel Morin’s murder suspect is caught.

“It’s seeming more and more like it was a random thing, but until we have him behind bars, we can’t rule out other people,” Gahler said during an appearance Friday on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.”

A $10,000 reward for information that leads to the conviction of Morin’s killer was been announced by the Harford County Sheriff’s Office. So far, police said, they’ve had 300 tips come in, and they are vetting each one.

[...]

“You just don’t start being a murderer or committing a home invasion. … And he’s not going to stop, whether he’s done this to other people and it hasn’t been reported. Attacks on other people. … If he’s not apprehended he’s going to continue.”

Rachel was very petite and fit. If it was a crime of opportunity it is possible he mistook her for a teenager or young woman, especially if he initially sighted her from afar (say, in the parking lot) and was only following her from behind. Realizing she was older could also be motive for the violence he inflicted.

I agree with others here who suspect he has family/relational ties to this town. He fled CA after his March crime. Also reminds me of the guy that killed Mollie Tibbetts - he was a seasonal worker.

As for the arm everyone is concerned about, seems obvious to me it is the vicitm's due to how small it is and level with the door handle. Old Cop gave a perfectly logical interpretation of why she closed the door on him a few pages back as defiance/anger.
True. She was a petite female, he could have easily mistaken her for a teenager from a distance. My guess it was a crime of opportunity, he saw her walking the trail and decided to attack.

I have a feeling this guy’s intent was to rape or rob Rachel but she put up a fight. Possibly even injuring this guy. If she hit him with one of the rocks, he might have been injured. If bad enough, maybe he had to get to an urgent care or ER.

I hope authorities have inquired at urgent cares and ERs within a 20 minute distance. At the very least every medical facility in the area should have the wanted poster.

I imagine some one who is only slightly familiar- "I'm a friend of your brotherl can I wait for him?" and the minor lets him in.
I can see that as well. This would especially be so if the home had rooms that were sub rented to extended relatives or friends.

Sub rented rooms can be a common practice in areas with large number of immigrants and/ or in general for areas of ubber high rent rates such as NYC, SF, Hawaii, LA, Boston, etc. The end result could be that the minor- or even an adult resident, is:

- Accustomed to not being completely familiar with everybody entering the home.

- The perpetrator then gives a plausible story ( As other members advanced: "Can I wait for "X" to get back?", ""Z" let me borrow some tools", " I need to get my play station back" etc).

- The perpetrator looks like he belongs: He is of the same background as other residents etc. Appears to be of the same general age, socio economic group etc.

The minor's answer is then.... "Sure, come in. You can wait on the coach" -or- "There's the TV, somebody hooked up some video game stuff to it. Any play station would be around it", "I think the tools are in the garage". etc.

Last edited:
Her being found close to where the trail travels under Md 24 makes me wonder if he was in vehicle stopped, maybe to relieve himself and could see her on trail.
Could she have actually been walking along ON highway 24 and pushed over - or been riding in someone’s car, pushed out, then thrown over the hill? That would mean the killer (or accomplice) would have had to climb down and drag her into that tunnel, then get out of the area on foot. Is there a shoulder on highway 24 above the tunnel to pull over?

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler tells PEOPLE that the suspected attacker, who was also linked to a home invasion in Los Angeles, might have committed other violent crimes in other states.

The sheriff says that if the suspect is not caught quickly, other people could be in danger.

“I have no doubt in my mind, if he's not apprehended, he will become a serial killer,” Gahler says. “Because he will do this again.”

I watched that video at 0.25speed and I see a hand help close the door for him and you see part of a hand on the right side as he leaves. He wasn't leaving stealthily. Someone saw him out.

Also... why are we only seeing video of him leaving? Clearly LE has video of his face... entering the door.....
Not if he didn't go through the front door.

Any theories if/why genealogical tracing hasn't been carried out by the FBI on this suspect? They either have and couldn't get close, or they haven't and there's a reason.

It’s a process that takes time—sometimes years. And it’s more difficult if the suspect is from an ethnic group that’s under-represented in the genetic databases. Also, if he comes from a group whose cultural bias tends toward non-cooperation with LE, that might make things more difficult.

In all cases, more difficult, not impossible. May they find him soon.

MOO

AUG 27, 2023
[...]

Morin's mother, PM, talked about what the walk for Morin earlier this month meant to the family and detailed how she found out that her daughter was missing while she was out of town.

"The first thing you think of as a mom is, I wish I could be there. I'm 500 miles away. I wish I could be there. I wish I could find her. She's probably scared. I wish I could hold her," PM said.

She talked about what it was like finding out that her daughter had been found.

"The pain was so unbearable," Patty Morin said.

The family also spread a message of hope in the face of tragedy.

"I can't be there to hold my baby and to comfort her, but I know that the God that we believe in, and the God that Rachel believed in, was there holding her and comforting her and he never left her," Patty Morin said.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member