Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 27, 2023
[...]

Morin's mother, PM, talked about what the walk for Morin earlier this month meant to the family and detailed how she found out that her daughter was missing while she was out of town.

"The first thing you think of as a mom is, I wish I could be there. I'm 500 miles away. I wish I could be there. I wish I could find her. She's probably scared. I wish I could hold her," PM said.

She talked about what it was like finding out that her daughter had been found.

"The pain was so unbearable," Patty Morin said.

The family also spread a message of hope in the face of tragedy.

"I can't be there to hold my baby and to comfort her, but I know that the God that we believe in, and the God that Rachel believed in, was there holding her and comforting her and he never left her," Patty Morin said.

[...]

This was such a sad part in the video. Rachel’s mom also explained she was in Kentucky attending services for her grandchild, who had suddenly passed, when she received the call Rachel was missing. Such heartache for this poor family.

If the suspect is undocumented, and living "under the radar", I fear it could take years to find out who he is. He will also now know to not leave DNA at his next crime.

This was such a sad part in the video. Rachel’s mom also explained she was in Kentucky attending services for her grandchild, who had suddenly passed, when she received the call Rachel was missing. Such heartache for this poor family.
Yes, that was heartbreaking to hear. I admire her courage to get up there and speak. She was barely holding it together at times. :( MOO

Any theories if/why genealogical tracing hasn't been carried out by the FBI on this suspect? They either have and couldn't get close, or they haven't and there's a reason.
It’s a process that takes time—sometimes years. And it’s more difficult if the suspect is from an ethnic group that’s under-represented in the genetic databases. Also, if he comes from a group whose cultural bias tends toward non-cooperation with LE, that might make things more difficult.
Assuming their sample is adequate in size and quality for this kind of analysis...IMO they are going to need a 3rd cousin relationship or better match. There are so many variables that could extend the time it takes to do this kind of analysis...and the farther the relationship, the more difficult and time consuming it will be. Some ethnic groups are underrepresented in genetic databases I've read, but there are arguments that some ethnic groups are overrepresented in CODIS (which from what I've read may be useful in comparing and possibly identifying some 2nd cousin or better leads). Once they narrow it down somewhat...they still need to probably get other family members to test in order to narrow it down further. And of course, fingers crossed that the documentation they are relying on to build out the family tree is accurate from a genetic perspective...and there is nothing else that might make the analysis tricky...like identical twins, double first cousins, bone marrow and/or stem cell transplant recipients, etc.

JMO

It’s a process that takes time—sometimes years. And it’s more difficult if the suspect is from an ethnic group that’s under-represented in the genetic databases. Also, if he comes from a group whose cultural bias tends toward non-cooperation with LE, that might make things more difficult.

In all cases, more difficult, not impossible. May they find him soon.

MOO
100% agree. I’d add that the genetic tests typically have a cost which not everyone can afford. He may be from an immigrant community. Since those communities generally are lower income, their members may be underrepresented because they simply may not be able to afford the cost of genetic tests.

As a result, I believe if he is identified it will be due to being reported by someone who recognizes him and is willing to call it in, or if LE is able to track him. And not from genetic tracing. MOO.

100% agree. I’d add that the genetic tests typically have a cost which not everyone can afford. He may be from an immigrant community. Since those communities generally are lower income, their members may be underrepresented because they simply may not be able to afford the cost of genetic tests.

As a result, I believe if he is identified it will be due to being reported by someone who recognizes him and is willing to call it in, or if LE is able to track him. And not from genetic tracing. MOO.
Somebody, and probably more than one somebody, knows the man that is shown in the video clip from the March LA break-in and assault. It is possible that those who know him have not seen the video, or it is possible that they are not willing to identify him to LE, but somebody could instantly recognize him. He had some distinguishing features. I am convinced of that. LE need to be knocking on every door in that south LA neighborhood, and in the area around the Ma and Pa trail, and need to keep knocking until someone tells something. JMO

Last edited:
I think he was out of the state before she was found. Personally he doesn’t look like he would be one to jog or walk a trail. I don’t think he was on the trail but on the road where the trail tunnels under md 24. I have to believe that the folks on the trail that day were asked they saw him.

Jmo

I think he was out of the state before she was found. Personally he doesn’t look like he would be one to jog or walk a trail. I don’t think he was on the trail but on the road where the trail tunnels under md 24. I have to believe that the folks on the trail that day were asked they saw him.

Jmo
That's a really busy 2 lane-each-way divided highway, though. Not a road someone would be casually walking on, and this time of year you probably can't see into the trail very easily given the foliage. There is, however, a pulloff area if I have the location correct here on my Google Maps street view link.

I wonder if the tunnels and/or that location (easy on, easy off MD 24) is known to be a spot where drug deals take place as it gets dark or after dark. And I'm not suggesting Rachel had any part in one - perhaps she was jogging to that location and stumbled across something, or he could have been waiting there for someone else.

That's a really busy 2 lane-each-way divided highway, though. Not a road someone would be casually walking on, and this time of year you probably can't see into the trail very easily given the foliage. There is, however, a pulloff area if I have the location correct here on my Google Maps street view link.

I wonder if the tunnels and/or that location (easy on, easy off MD 24) is known to be a spot where drug deals take place as it gets dark or after dark. And I'm not suggesting Rachel had any part in one - perhaps she was jogging to that location and stumbled across something, or he could have been waiting there for someone else.

Oh I think he was in a vehicle, that link shows that should someone need to pullover that would be the spot. And i can see the trail and someone walking the trail.

Might you be talking about different videos?

Can someone please link the video?
Thanks
JMO
I believe the LE video on FB was posted earlier on this thread.
If you watch the LE press conference on YouTube during which LE shared the video live, you can slow the video down using the YouTube tools.
Around 6 seconds into the video footage you can see the suspect’s profile at a couple of different angles.

I believe the LE video on FB was posted earlier on this thread.
If you watch the LE press conference on YouTube during which LE shared the video live, you can slow the video down using the YouTube tools.
Around 6 seconds into the video footage you can see the suspect’s profile at a couple of different angles.
Odd that we dont have 1000 screen grabs of his profile posted already ,normaly we have found nine tigers and a man skiing in a single picture and all of us be up in arms over the multiple debates on those varies dragons and such that were never in the photo at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms