Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 28, 2023
Rebekah Morin, whose sister Rachel was found dead near a hiking trail in Maryland, says she doesn’t understand why someone hasn’t come forward to identify the suspect.

[...]

“This guy is going to do it again. It could be your sister, your mother, your daughter,” Rebekah said. “I’m really hoping that somebody comes forward soon. Somebody is brave enough to do what’s right.”

[...]

Rebekah told “Banfield” that Rachel’s children are sad, angry and “don’t really understand.”

“They really love their mother. They pray for her to come back. It’s been really hard on all of them,” Rebekah said.

[...]
Sure would help to have a composit sketch drawn.

I think the video of the suspect walking out of that "LA" house -looks like a common law divorce in progress .
Please dont say I am victim blaming. I am basing that on all the baggage on the front pourch and the half nakid mans exiting the place.. ,Moo.

Sure would help to have a composit sketch drawn.

I think the video of the suspect walking out of that "LA" house -looks like a common law divorce in progress .
Please dont say I am victim blaming. I am basing that on all the baggage on the front pourch and the half nakid mans exiting the place.. ,Moo.
Sorry, what’s a common law divorce?

Walder said police could attempt to link the suspect to other crimes using the national CODIS database, which helps investigators in different jurisdictions link crimes together using forensic evidence.

However, the geographic distance between LA and Maryland presents a challenge, and the fact that investigators don’t know the suspect’s identity.

“This is what I am the most concerned about,” Walder said. “He could travel in whatever method he wants. Versus, if we had his identity, he would not be able to travel via air or use credit cards to purchase tickets since that would be flagged.”

I think the age of the victim and the nature of the crime makes the reality of having no sketch of the suspect more understandable. It was probably extremely traumatic and lends to the bizarre nature of the video. JMVHO

What can be learned from Ring footage of Morin killing suspect? | CUOMO

How do you catch a suspected killer when all you have is a short doorbell video of the suspect? Former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer and Duane "Dog The Bounty Hunter" Chapman join “CUOMO” to discuss the search for the suspect police believe is responsible for the death of 37-year-old Maryland woman Rachel Morin.

What can be learned from Ring footage of Morin killing suspect? | CUOMO

How do you catch a suspected killer when all you have is a short doorbell video of the suspect? Former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer and Duane "Dog The Bounty Hunter" Chapman join “CUOMO” to discuss the search for the suspect police believe is responsible for the death of 37-year-old Maryland woman Rachel Morin.
"Dog's" on the case. Won't take long now. LOL

Question, not necessarily applicable here --

If a minor grants access to an adult, does that fall under burglary technically? A child isn't the homeowner so....

Not hard to imagineca child letting an adult into a home only to realize the adult wasn't truthful, isn't safe, is outright dangerous.

In this case, we don't even know how long RM's murderer was in that house. Minutes? Hours? Was she home alone? Who shut the door? Her?

Knowing that he went on to murder RM, I have to give credit to the child, whatever she did to get him gone, kudos of courage to her.

jmo

I was joking but it was inspired by the video apearing to show some guy getting kicked out of house. Bags lined up outside ,made sure he took his pillow? .. it is weird all of it.
Maybe this suspect is a transient. He could possibly be couch surfing at a friends house, thus this video. Maybe he “went too far” (SA? Inappropriate contact?) with the friend’s daughter or minor living in the house and got kicked out.

If a minor grants access to an adult, does that fall under burglary technically? A child isn't the homeowner so....

Not hard to imagineca child letting an adult into a home only to realize the adult wasn't truthful, isn't safe, is outright dangerous.

In this case, we don't even know how long RM's murderer was in that house. Minutes? Hours? Was she home alone? Who shut the door? Her?

Knowing that he went on to murder RM, I have to give credit to the child, whatever she did to get him gone, kudos of courage to her.

jmo
Interesting question. Of course I’m not a lawyer (and I hope one will answer), but it seems that any person that enters a home in CA with the intent to commit a felony is committing a burglary. Regardless of whether they broke in or were admitted voluntarily by an adult or a minor. Not sure if or how unlawful entry might factor in.

jmo

I keep going back to RM being on more then one dating sites, and have wondered if the victim in California was on a site and the suspect showed up & not the person that victim thought it would, mom comes home and finds out and files report.

Jmo

One thought atm..
Could the suspect be an uber driver or food delivery guy, easy job to get, access to names and addresses and he could pick up work almost anywhere?
Wondering if Rachel ordered food or whatever, the perp sees her or her pic, is aware of a bf in the home, so he watches and follows her to the trail?
complete speculation, imo.

I imagine LE is studying local video surveillance cameras, if any, from the surrounding area around the time of the suspect’s departure from the house.
I don’t know how long video data takes to collect, but I have to think that it could be critical in identifying more information about the suspect - maybe a car model or even license plate.

I imagine LE is studying local video surveillance cameras, if any, from the surrounding area around the time of the suspect’s departure from the house.
I don’t know how long video data takes to collect, but I have to think that it could be critical in identifying more information about the suspect - maybe a car model or even license plate.
So much time has passed since the CA event (was it March?) that unfortunately most camera data would have been overwritten by now, I'd think.

So much time has passed since the CA event (was it March?) that unfortunately most camera data would have been overwritten by now, I'd think.
Right, I was thinking that they may have already collected the data back in March and are studying it.
And LE may have it but not have released it for reasons known only to LE.
We have to keep in mind that LE usually has much more data than they release to the public, and that which they do release they do so strategically.
Hoping for a solution soon.

I don’t know. The crime in California must have been pretty serious, they just don’t collect dna from every crime scene. So I would think they also kept any video footage they could find of this guy. This doorbell camera might be the only camera footage of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01