Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Detail of border crossings

JUN 22, 2024
U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended Martinez-Hernandez on Jan. 19, 2023, in Santa Teresa, New Mexico and was deported to Mexico the same day, according to ICE. He was apprehended again on Jan. 31, 2023 near El Paso, Tx. and was expelled to Mexico. Border Patrol agents again apprehended Martinez-Hernandez on Feb. 6, 2023 near the same town in New Mexico, and again was sent to Mexico using Title 42.

On Feb. 13, 2023, ICE said Martinez-Hernandez entered the United States unlawfully near El Paso, Tx. A month or so later, police say he attacked a woman and a nine-year-old girl in Los Angeles. Then in August 2023, Rachel Morin was killed, her body was found along the Ma and Pa Trail in Harford County. Investigators used DNA evidence to connect Martinez-Hernandez to the Rachel Morin case.

I have the data for December of 2023 about attempted crossings of the border. With these numbers, the stress on border patrol is almost insurmountable.

Last edited:
The Morin family attorney in my link above stated he doesn't know exactly how they tracked him down. But surmised it had to do with finally obtaining his name...
RSBM

He speaks as though 'finally obtaining his name' was some simple matter, they just had ask around, or something...?

Like, all LE had to do to solve the Gilgo Beach murders was obtain the name Rex Heuerman...then the real detective work began in order to find out where he worked...and LE could easily solved who killed Jon Benet Ramsey, all they need is to finally obtain the name of who killed her...

Very odd reaction.

JMO

Detail of border crossings

JUN 22, 2024
U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended Martinez-Hernandez on Jan. 19, 2023, in Santa Teresa, New Mexico and was deported to Mexico the same day, according to ICE. He was apprehended again on Jan. 31, 2023 near El Paso, Tx. and was expelled to Mexico. Border Patrol agents again apprehended Martinez-Hernandez on Feb. 6, 2023 near the same town in New Mexico, and again was sent to Mexico using Title 42.

On Feb. 13, 2023, ICE said Martinez-Hernandez entered the United States unlawfully near El Paso, Tx. A month or so later, police say he attacked a woman and a nine-year-old girl in Los Angeles. Then in August 2023, Rachel Morin was killed, her body was found along the Ma and Pa Trail in Harford County. Investigators used DNA evidence to connect Martinez-Hernandez to the Rachel Morin case.
Are you saying LA was before MD??
I know I have seen this go back and forth, but I really thought it has been firmly that MD was before LA.

Are you saying LA was before MD??
I know I have seen this go back and forth, but I really thought it has been firmly that MD was before LA.
The home invasion in Los Angeles took place in March 2023. Rachel was murdered in MD August 2023.

The turning point in the case, authorities said, was DNA evidence from a March 2023 home invasion in Los Angeles. The alleged killer, 23-year-old Victor Antonio Martinez-Hernandez, is also suspected of attacking a 9-year-old girl and her mother in the L.A. case.

I am grateful that Othram is participating a bit in our thread, but I believe they have to be silent about some of our main questions.
I agree with a previous posters question....are there really many people in El Salvador who get involved with ancestry DNA programs?

Oh how I wish they would better help us know how they REALLY connected name to captured DNA??

AND what led to Tulsa?

I am grateful that Othram is participating a bit in our thread, but I believe they have to be silent about some of our main questions.
I agree with a previous posters question....are there really many people in El Salvador who get involved with ancestry DNA programs?

Oh how I wish they would better help us know how they REALLY connected name to captured DNA??

AND what led to Tulsa?
Also, how did police know the suspect was from El Salvador? Is DNA mapping of hispanic peoples so specific to a country? Like, how would DNA from a causian be identified as a Canadian versus American. Some crucial evidence is not being mentioned.

However, that's just my curiosity.

JMO

ETA - I'm thinking there was some additional evidence from the California case.

Also, how did police know the suspect was from El Salvador? Is DNA mapping of hispanic peoples so specific to a country? Like, how would DNA from a causian be identified as a Canadian versus American. Some crucial evidence is not being mentioned.

However, that's just my curiosity.

JMO

ETA - I'm thinking there was some additional evidence from the California case.

Migraition and settlement patterns can be tracked via DNA, yes. As in "people with similar DNA migrated to or settled in these areas."

How was Rachel found so easily when he had taken her a ways off the trail through dense vegetation and into a "tunnel" (drainage pass)? And he had already fled the scene when she was found? Someone must have just happened upon her right after he left, or maybe they heard screams or something alarming and went to check it out... seems odd that anyone would've been walking through there, but maybe that's not uncommon, idk.

Whoever found her in the condition he left her in must be dealing with nightmares and PTSD, I would think. That would've been traumatic, imo.

How was Rachel found so easily when he had taken her a ways off the trail through dense vegetation and into a "tunnel" (drainage pass)? And he had already fled the scene when she was found? Someone must have just happened upon her right after he left, or maybe they heard screams or something alarming and went to check it out... seems odd that anyone would've been walking through there, but maybe that's not uncommon, idk.

Whoever found her in the condition he left her in must be dealing with nightmares and PTSD, I would think. That would've been traumatic, imo.
Her body was found by volunteer searchers; a man and his stepdaughter. The man went on to give interviews and offered graphic details of the crime scene. The Sheriff later clarified that the man didn't actually find the body or observe the scene.

A man who claimed he found Rachel Morin's battered body did not find the slain mother of five and has no firsthand knowledge of the crime, the Harford County Sheriff says.

WBAL reported Thursday afternoon that Michael Gabriszeski, who has spoken to media outlets, "did not find Rachel or witness her body. He has no firsthand knowledge of the crime scene," according to Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler.

Morin’s body was found by a community member around 1 p.m. on Sunday. The individual called the police notifying them that they found a body off the Ma and Pa trail.

Her body was found by volunteer searchers; a man and his stepdaughter. The man went on to give interviews and offered graphic details of the crime scene. The Sheriff later clarified that the man didn't actually find the body or observe the scene.

A man who claimed he found Rachel Morin's battered body did not find the slain mother of five and has no firsthand knowledge of the crime, the Harford County Sheriff says.

WBAL reported Thursday afternoon that Michael Gabriszeski, who has spoken to media outlets, "did not find Rachel or witness her body. He has no firsthand knowledge of the crime scene," according to Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler.

Morin’s body was found by a community member around 1 p.m. on Sunday. The individual called the police notifying them that they found a body off the Ma and Pa trail.

No doubt LE wanted to keep a lid on evidence (including details from the crime scene) in order to best control the investigation.

It is possible IMO that a member of the man's search team found the body and relayed details to him that he did not see personally, making both his statement and LE's both true to a degree, without being mutually exclusive.

JMO

No doubt LE wanted to keep a lid on evidence (including details from the crime scene) in order to best control the investigation.

It is possible IMO that a member of the man's search team found the body and relayed details to him that he did not see personally, making both his statement and LE's both true to a degree, without being mutually exclusive.

JMO
Yep, that's exactly how I remember it. MOO

JMO

Thanks to this man and his stepdaughter
Rachel was found quickly.
He and the girl deserve respect.

RSBM

He speaks as though 'finally obtaining his name' was some simple matter, they just had ask around, or something...?

Like, all LE had to do to solve the Gilgo Beach murders was obtain the name Rex Heuerman...then the real detective work began in order to find out where he worked...and LE could easily solved who killed Jon Benet Ramsey, all they need is to finally obtain the name of who killed her...

Very odd reaction.

JMO
He can’t tell it. And probably, never will.
We may not ever get the details of the genetic genealogy, or who told LE that he was on Tulsa. Let us be happy that this killer/rapist/probably, a serial one, too, is apprehended. With Heiermann, who was “a respected citizen with a business in NYC”, it was even more difficult.

He can’t tell it. And probably, never will.
We may not ever get the details of the genetic genealogy, or who told LE that he was on Tulsa. Let us be happy that this killer/rapist/probably, a serial one, too, is apprehended. With Heiermann, who was “a respected citizen with a business in NYC”, it was even more difficult.
Ok, great, you can be uninterested in the details of how, and just be happy the cases are solved - but I happen to be very interested in exactly how cases are solved. So, "Let us be..." just expressing our own thoughts freely on an internet forum.

JMO

Ok, great, you can be uninterested in the details of how, and just be happy the cases are solved - but I happen to be very interested in exactly how cases are solved. So, "Let us be..." just expressing our own thoughts freely on an internet forum.

JMO
Oh so agree. Same feelings.
Maybe through the trial.
I just feel the WAYS of discovery would not be violating future trial...
Ugh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back