Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, great, you can be uninterested in the details of how, and just be happy the cases are solved - but I happen to be very interested in exactly how cases are solved. So, "Let us be..." just expressing our own thoughts freely on an internet forum.

JMO

You are not interested how cases are solved, you want to know what specifically database they used, that's a difference.

And seriously - do we always know what really helps solve cases? It might be a very specific detergent or a ticket left in someone's pocket, but it can also be a tip. Tips are never disclosed, right? So each time I read unbelievable stories, I am skeptical.

Likewise, it might be something LE got from electronic devices, but they may be uninterested in disclosing the technology.

A recent case of the famed Finnish hacker Aleksanteri Kivimäki was resolved, as the police states, by a stray photo, but I have my doubts. Hacking is a multimillion-dollar business, maybe another hacker was unhappy with him?

But in this case, LE said, it was genetic criminology. How genetic criminology works, we know. Where they got a match, might be a trade secret. I know that it has to stand in the court of law, so it is not 23@me or any commercial DNA database. I don't think anyone owes to reveal specific details.

My mind keeps going back to that house in L.A. when we first saw that thin arm closing the door on the man whom we now know assaulted a woman and a nine-year old girl.

My heart breaks thinking about that young boy who apparently all alone had to get that monster out of the house.

How brave of him and also how traumatic that must have been. I hope when he is older he understands that he played some role in keeping his family alive.

Victor wouldn’t have been caught for Rachel’s ghastly rape and murder had not this prior assault been reported and DNA collected.

There are so many victims here.

IMO

Last edited:
Also, how did police know the suspect was from El Salvador? Is DNA mapping of hispanic peoples so specific to a country? Like, how would DNA from a causian be identified as a Canadian versus American. Some crucial evidence is not being mentioned.

However, that's just my curiosity.

JMO

ETA - I'm thinking there was some additional evidence from the California case.
do they keep information on people they deport? they know that he entered 3x....and he was wanted in El Saslvador so ....

My mind keeps going back to that house in L.A. when we first saw that thin arm closing the door on the man whom we now know assaulted a woman and a nine-year old girl.

My heart breaks thinking about that young boy who apparently all alone had to get that monster out of the house.

How brave of him and also how traumatic that must have been. I hope when he is older he understands that he played some role in keeping his family alive.

Victor wouldn’t have been caught for Rachel’s ghastly rape and murder had not this prior assault been reported and DNA collected.

IMO

So the man was very young, but he yelles like heck, and Victor retreats. On the video, he walks with "little do I care" gait, but make no mistake, he retreats the very moment that the young man presents with minimal resistance. So it tells me that Victor Martinez is a total coward, who can attack and rape and kill kids and women, and likely, of petite stature, as Rachel was small, and El Salvadoran woman was probably not too tall, either, and victims of a home invasion were a mother and a child. But the moment a male, even a child, appears, the murderer is scared. He is a disgusting predator.

do they keep information on people they deport? they know that he entered 3x....and he was wanted in El Saslvador so ....
Evidently there was an issue with the Interpol Red Notice from El Salvador when he tried and then succeeded to enter in 2023, that's my understanding. Not sure what that means, but I think we'd all like to know.

I looked for him on the day the arrest was announced, but found nothing.

Last edited:

IMO
Is the information you're referring to, the young boy, etc, in any MSM coverage?

I still can not get over Othram.

They have just become such powerful heroes in solving crimes and missing persons cases.
I am so certain that they know how much more details we want to know.

Perhaps down the road , they will find ways to better explain, without giving up their trade secrets.
For now, I guess I will be grateful for any thing and every thing they can do

I am, honestly, down-on-my-knees thankful.

Hoping some day they can track down my 5th great grandfather!!!?!?!
all moo.

I still can not get over Othram.

They have just become such powerful heroes in solving crimes and missing persons cases.
I am so certain that they know how much more details we want to know.

Perhaps down the road , they will find ways to better explain, without giving up their trade secrets.
For now, I guess I will be grateful for any thing and every thing they can do

I am, honestly, down-on-my-knees thankful.

Hoping some day they can track down my 5th great grandfather!!!?!?!
all moo.
The issue isn't trade secrets. We are limited in what we can (sometimes) because a case might still need to go to court first, or the family asks that certain information is withheld, etc.

We are definitely trying to do more to be able to share more news and updates. This will improve over time.

I am grateful that Othram is participating a bit in our thread, but I believe they have to be silent about some of our main questions.
I agree with a previous posters question....are there really many people in El Salvador who get involved with ancestry DNA programs?

Oh how I wish they would better help us know how they REALLY connected name to captured DNA??

AND what led to Tulsa?
Perhaps Victor's DNA was matched to one of his relatives living here in the USA that had submitted their DNA to one of the databases. After LE spoke with that relative they may have learned about Victor and his movements, connecting the dots and that is how Victor was determined to be a possible suspect. Victor may have had a cell phone and the relative who he was living with may have given that number to LE who used that to track him to Tulsa.

How many different DNA databases are there for genealogy? A lab doing a search to hopefully find a match for a suspects DNA must have access to many if not all of these databases in order to find a relative with a match.

JMO

The issue isn't trade secrets. We are limited in what we can (sometimes) because a case might still need to go to court first, or the family asks that certain information is withheld, etc.

We are definitely trying to do more to be able to share more news and updates. This will improve over time.
Well...I kindo meant 'trades secrets' to include what LE must hold close to their vests for a case.
But whatever you do do, I hope you get the support, partnership, and funding to expand significantly in the future.
We have a thread just for you guys, and I hope you can share more and more since we can communicate in generalities not bound to a specific case. We are good learners here on WS, and we will always respect what you can't share.
But whatever....just thanks and thanks.

Perhaps Victor's DNA was matched to one of his relatives living here in the USA that had submitted their DNA to one of the databases. After LE spoke with that relative they may have learned about Victor and his movements, connecting the dots and that is how Victor was determined to be a possible suspect. Victor may have had a cell phone and the relative who he was living with may have given that number to LE who used that to track him to Tulsa.

How many different DNA databases are there for genealogy? A lab doing a search to hopefully find a match for a suspects DNA must have access to many if not all of these databases in order to find a relative with a match.

JMO
Joe, your final questions in the final paragraph are mine as well.

We have to come up with a new thread so we all, who are interested, can keep sharing our expanding but confusing research on DNA AND other databases used in LE

#1 how many public genealogy databases open to the masses?

#2 What private databAses for LE?
I had asked, early in this thread how they had matched Victor so quickly to RM, when *I thought * I was told, some DNA, cannot be tracked unless someone is arrested. CODIS is only available for CONVICTED offenders, for example.
Maybe if we knew more, WE could better understand HOW they could actually find that el Salvadorian genealogy.
Anyone have experience working with Tricia or other mods for an educational thread. Maybe MadMcGoo, since she set up the one with our partnership with Othram.

Evidently there was an issue with the Interpol Red Notice from El Salvador when he tried and then succeeded to enter in 2023, that's my understanding. Not sure what that means, but I think we'd all like to know.

I looked for him on the day the arrest was announced, but found nothing.

I sometimes wonder if he was living under a different name in the US. This could have further complicated any search.

I think they meant we could come up with a new thread to discuss GG. The Othram thread is here. Othram - General Discussion - #3

I am starting to follow the Othram thread more. I think that thread has to stay "pure"...you know, JUST Othram cases and closely related topics.

I am envisioning more of a collective on GG, and other related databases and data analytics tools in use today.

As I earlier stated, I may try to discuss with MadMcGoo...but she may not really have the time to help either.
None ofis May have the time. Ha

I am starting to follow the Othram thread more. I think that thread has to stay "pure"...you know, JUST Othram cases and closely related topics.

I am envisioning more of a collective on GG, and other related databases and data analytics tools in use today.

As I earlier stated, I may try to discuss with MadMcGoo...but she may not really have the time to help either.
None ofis May have the time. Ha
Just start a thread! Maybe put it under Missing Persons Resources.

This is terrifying! :oops:

From the above link:

"MS-13,
also called Mara Salvatrucha,
is believed to have been founded as a neighborhood street gang in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s
by immigrants fleeing a civil war in El Salvador.

The gang is now a major international criminal enterprise,
with tens of thousands of members in several Central American countries
and many U.S. states, according to the U.S. Department of Justice."

From wiki:

View attachment 511002

"Mara Salvatrucha
members are involved in the trafficking of narcotics,
primarily cocaine and marijuana, into the United States,
as well as the transportation and distribution of illicit drugs throughout the U.S.

Conversely, the gang is engaged in the trafficking of stolen vehicles from the U.S. to Central America.

MS-13 also utilizes intimidation and violence to extort payment from legal and illegal businesses operating in its territory.

Members partake in additional criminal activities including:
- alien smuggling,
- weapons trafficking,
- assault,
- homicide,
- rape,
- kidnapping,
- identification theft,
- home invasions,
- carjackings,
- prostitution,
- robbery, and vandalism.
..…..
MS-13
are notorious for their violence and a subcultural moral code based on merciless retribution.

Aspirants are beaten for 13 seconds as an initiation to join the gang,
a ritual known as a "beat-in".
At least one faction of MS-13 – the Fulton clique in Los Angeles
has required prospective members to commit a murder
in order to be considered for full-fledged membership."

:oops:

ALIEN SMUGGLING?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors