Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was probably hit in the head and knocked down first, then dragged off the trail under the bridge. That would explain why no one saw anything if it was quick. No scream. And not visible from the trail.

The whole killer putting their hands over the victims mouth and dragging them away only happens in the movies. In real life the victim is usually incapacitated in some way first for something like this.

Intensifying the investigation, Maryland State police and FBI agents have also been brought on to analyze evidence, while 10 local detectives work around the clock on the investigation.

“I think they're working as expeditiously as they can,” said former FBI agent, Tyrone Powers.

Powers warns the longer an investigation lingers, the more difficult it is to make an arrest. However, he adds, “There’s a lot to pull together. In the field, we always say don't rush to judgment no matter how much publicity you’re getting because then you may get the arrest but you may lose the case.”

Meanwhile, Rachel’s family has enlisted nationally renowned criminal defense attorney Joseph Murtha to represent them as they ask for privacy during this difficult time.

FOX45 asked Murtha if the Morin family is planning on taking some form of legal action or if he’s simply acting as their spokesperson. As of the time this article was published, we have not heard back.

FYI, from a legal perspective, short of a court order there is nothing stopping someone from speaking out.
True, but most people understand revealing those details which are integral to the investigation, should be kept quiet. But I don't know if LE requested he not release to media - before or after those interviews came out.

Who knows, maybe the dude fancies himself a tracker of some sort and is trying to build a reputation for himself? He's odd, but for now, IMO not a suspect. Simply an attention seeker, seen many of them just like him in previous cases.

Intensifying the investigation, Maryland State police and FBI agents have also been brought on to analyze evidence, while 10 local detectives work around the clock on the investigation.

“I think they're working as expeditiously as they can,” said former FBI agent, Tyrone Powers.

Powers warns the longer an investigation lingers, the more difficult it is to make an arrest. However, he adds, “There’s a lot to pull together. In the field, we always say don't rush to judgment no matter how much publicity you’re getting because then you may get the arrest but you may lose the case.”

Meanwhile, Rachel’s family has enlisted nationally renowned criminal defense attorney Joseph Murtha to represent them as they ask for privacy during this difficult time.

FOX45 asked Murtha if the Morin family is planning on taking some form of legal action or if he’s simply acting as their spokesperson. As of the time this article was published, we have not heard back.
What kind of legal action could they possibly take at this point?

Last edited:
On the afternoon of her death Rachel Morin, 37, stopped at Glow – The Bronzing Studio on Red Pump Road in Bel Air for her daily spray tan at 2 p.m.

A source close to the salon told The Post all employees there knew her and the late mother had revealed to staff she was on “multiple dating sites” prior to her death.

However, that same week she had gone public with her romance with Richard Tobin, who was one of the last people to see her alive.

Tobin — who has not been named as a suspect and helped raise the alarm about his new girfriend’s disappearance — had met up with her that afternoon.

After touching up her tan, Morin told salon workers she was heading off to the gym.

Tobin confirmed in a now-deleted Facebook comment they went to the gym together.

The Post has since discovered the couple went to a Planet Fitness, where Morin is a Black Card holder who can use any of the company’s facilities.

Tobin’s “home gym” is the Rock Spring Road location, which is located around the corner from the tanning salon, but employees were unable to confirm if Morin had visited on Saturday, August 5, the same day she went missing.

Were they tunnels or drainage culverts?
Can someone point out where the drainage culverts are on the map below? Not sure if the access to them is off RT 24 or somewhere near the Mansion. I clearly see the starting point at the other end off Williams & W Ellendale.

On the afternoon of her death Rachel Morin, 37, stopped at Glow – The Bronzing Studio on Red Pump Road in Bel Air for her daily spray tan at 2 p.m.

A source close to the salon told The Post all employees there knew her and the late mother had revealed to staff she was on “multiple dating sites” prior to her death.

However, that same week she had gone public with her romance with Richard Tobin, who was one of the last people to see her alive.

Tobin — who has not been named as a suspect and helped raise the alarm about his new girfriend’s disappearance — had met up with her that afternoon.

After touching up her tan, Morin told salon workers she was heading off to the gym.

Tobin confirmed in a now-deleted Facebook comment they went to the gym together.

The Post has since discovered the couple went to a Planet Fitness, where Morin is a Black Card holder who can use any of the company’s facilities.

Tobin’s “home gym” is the Rock Spring Road location, which is located around the corner from the tanning salon, but employees were unable to confirm if Morin had visited on Saturday, August 5, the same day she went missing.
I find a few things interesting here but not that they mean anything. So if they went to Planet Fitness together why would they say they were unable to confirm if he went to his home gym that day as well, what is the point? And I’ve done plenty of spray tans over the years for just weddings/events (which you certainly don’t need to do daily as they last half to full week)and the #1 thing they tell you is not to swear or shower so again nothing to do with anything but you normally wouldn’t do a spray tan and then go straight to the gym. And then walking again later that night. I am by no means a fitness buff but it just seems odd they’d say he might have been to two gyms and she’s doing gym and walking trail alone all while she has 5 kids to watch. I know oldest is said to be 18 but I’m curious how young the others are?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member