Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - this is correct.
I usually get burned when I go this way, but I think he didn't have anything to do with it. JMO
As someone from here, I can say, to me it seems like the police know who did it. Also, some interesting conflicting comments by bf in the Facebook post. I just hope they find whoever it is quickly that did this to her.

• A body was discovered near the 6.5-mile trail walking route on Sunday
Mom-of-five Rachel Morin, 37, disappeared on Saturday August 5 at around 6pm leaving her house to take a hike on the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air, Maryland. It's unclear who she was hiking with, but her new boyfriend Richard Tobin, 27, reported her missing.

The medical examiner has not yet revealed how Morin died, but a homicide investigation has been launched. Her family say she did not
'go willingly' and that her death was 'not accidental'.

Both red -bolded - emphasis mine.
Questions....questions ...
Some interesting comments below the link about the trail specifically, and what time it closes ?

Imo.

Wonder if she went hiking with someone ?
Maybe not the boyfriend RT, but someone(s) else ?
If she and someone else were attacked, I'd think we'd know that by now, though.
Who was the very last person to see her ?

My condolences to all who loved her, esp. her children !

I'm anxiously awaiting for an update from LE !
They need to catch this perp before they strike again.
Omo.

Last edited:

From the article above:

The sheriff said the boyfriend, who called 911 to report Morin missing, indicated her car was at the lot behind a brewery. He said sheriff’s officials towed her car.

Wondering if "the lot behind the brewery" is a standard parking area for the trail she was walking?

MOO

From the article above:

The sheriff said the boyfriend, who called 911 to report Morin missing, indicated her car was at the lot behind a brewery. He said sheriff’s officials towed her car.

Wondering if "the lot behind the brewery" is a standard parking area for the trail she was walking?

MOO
It can be. There’s several spots you can hop on and off the trail. It is Independent Brewery, you can look on a map and see the proximity if you’re curious.

1691418580208.jpeg
As recently as Aug. 1, Richard Tobin posted on Facebook that he was in a relationship with Morin.
Screenshot-2023-08-07-at-9.03.55-AM.png

Rachel Morin last posted on Aug. 3, sharing recent photos with Tobin from when they went on a hike.
Screenshot-2023-08-07-at-9.04.35-AM.png

Under that post, Tobin wrote: “Looking gorgeous babe.” Morin replied, “thank you handsome.”
Screenshot-2023-08-07-at-9.00.11-AM.png

In response to hundreds of comments by members of the public who swarmed his relationship status post, Tobin acknowledged he has a “past” and has struggled with sobriety, but he denied having any involvement in Morin’s death.

“I love Rachel, I would never do anything to her, let the family and I grieve. Yes I have a past but I also have 15 months clean and have changed as a person. Please,” Tobin wrote Sunday.

Screenshot-2023-08-07-at-8.48.47-AM.png

Streamed live 14 hours ago
"A body has been found in the search for Rachel Morin, who had gone missing while hiking along a Maryland trail. The Harford County Sheriff's Office said Rachel Morin, 37, was last seen on Saturday at around 6pm leaving her house to take a walk on the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air. Shortly after 1pm today, police said they located the body of a female on the same trail but the identity and cause of death are still under investigation. " -dailymail.''

The consequence for killing an innocent person should be so severe -- that the perps should be more afraid of the penalties than they are now.
Criminals need to be thinking, "It's NOT worth it !".

For some crimes committed there is the chance of being rehabilitated.
But for murder, I see no reason why anyone (unless proven innocent and mistakenly charged ?) should be released.

Every person who wants to take a walk without fear of being robbed or killed, should be able to do so.
It's the criminals who should be running scared to even think of attacking someone.
For what it's worth, I do consider robbery (esp. armed robbery) to be nearly as serious, as many robberies can end in the victim being killed.
My .02.
Omo.

Tobin, 27, hinted at his lengthy history with law enforcement — including two arrests for criminal second-degree assault, malicious destruction of property, drug possession, and violating restraining orders, according to court records.

Not sure if this info had been posted yet. General info about the trail.

The Bel Air Section

The two ends of the MA & PA Trail in Bel Air are at Heavenly Waters Park (702 N. Tollgate Road) and at Williams St. (turn onto Ellendale St. from 924N). Trail length: 1.9 miles.

The trail winds through wooded, moderately sloped sections, through a tunnel underneath Rt. 24 and alongside N. Tollgate road to its northern point. Significant sights along the way include:

• A side trail (steeply sloped) to the Liriodendron mansion, the former summer home of Laetitia and Howard Kelly. Dr Kelly was a successful surgeon and founding member of the Johns Hopkins Medical College. The Harford County Department of Parks & Recreation currently maintains the property as an events venue and small museum. Plentiful parking is available in the parking lot at the end of the Liriodendron spur.
    [caption id="attachment_160" align="alignright" width="240"]
    Trail head at Tollgate Rd.
    Trail head at Tollgate Rd.[/caption]
  • An overlook view of the Harford County Equestrian Center and the surrounding countryside that was visible to train passengers on the MA & PA Railroad.
  • A lighted tunnel that goes under MD Rt. 24.
  • A new 1.2 mile section was added in April 2022. Called the Bel Forest section. This extension going north of Bel Air includes various neighborhoods as well
    as the Bel Air Memorial Gardens and includes a new short boardwalk on Ma Pa road.

Last edited:
Now that is a very, very interesting avenue. I wonder was there a lot of coparenting going on? If so, it would make sense that he would know where she would be and when. JMO
I just dug around. There are at least two three different fathers according to the Maryland Judiciary case records. There are motions as recent as last year in attempts to change visitation agreements from one of the fathers (who is an interesting search on the case search website as well). Obviously just speculating and MOO, but custody agreements can become quite contentious.

Not sure if this info had been posted yet. General info about the trail.

The end opposite to where she entered the trail (she entered the Williams Street entrance, the other official end is at N. Tollgate Road -- see quoted section above), has Anna's House, a homeless shelter, near the Tollgate end.
Anna’s House is mostly transitional services for women and their families that have been victims of domestic violence and abuse. In my experience, there was no men that lived there. It might not be what you’re thinking when you think “homeless” shelter. Just some context from someone who is familiar.

Anna’s House is mostly transitional services for women and their families that have been victims of domestic violence and abuse. In my experience, there was no men that lived there. It might not be what you’re thinking when you think “homeless” shelter. Just some context from someone who is familiar.

Thanks. I went back and edited my statement to remove it.

No men live there but do women and families live there? Just thinking maybe one of their “exes”stopped by, got frustrated and saw a crime of opportunity. Seems like a stretch but a possibility that occurred to me. Not sure how far of reach from domestic violence to murder of a stranger.

IMOO

No men live there but do women and families live there? Just thinking maybe one of their “exes”stopped by, got frustrated and saw a crime of opportunity. Seems like a stretch but a possibility that occurred to me. Not sure how far of reach from domestic violence to murder of a stranger.

IMOO
i think that is an extreme stretch and very unlikely. as far as I know, they try to keep who is living there very private. but, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member