Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@vls12345 : Thanks for the link and info. regarding the park trail !

I'd like to know what the hours are ?
I.e., if RM went for a walk there at 6:30pm-ish, was it open until, say ... 8pm ?
Because if it closed at about 6:45 or 7pm, why go there at that time ?
Was she lured there ?
Or was she killed elsewhere and dumped (sorry) there ?
Omo.

@vls12345 : Thanks for the link and info. regarding the park trail !

I'd like to know what the hours are ?
I.e., if RM went for a walk there at 6:30pm-ish, was it open until, say ... 8pm ?
Because if it closed at about 6:45 or 7pm, why go there at that time ?
Was she lured there ?
Or was she killed elsewhere and dumped (sorry) there ?
Omo.
According to their website, they are open sun up to sun down which, as someone said previously, would've been after 8pm.

FAQ for the Trail

I'm giving the BF the benefit of the doubt. Just because he made some awful choices as an addict doesn't mean he hasn't gotten sober (like he says) and turned his life around. THAT BEING SAID, the one thing that sounds strange to me is the fact that he reported her missing before 10pm that night by calling 911. Do we know if they lived together or if her tried to reach out to any other family before calling 911?

I'm giving the BF the benefit of the doubt. Just because he made some awful choices as an addict doesn't mean he hasn't gotten sober (like he says) and turned his life around. THAT BEING SAID, the one thing that sounds strange to me is the fact that he reported her missing before 10pm that night by calling 911. Do we know if they lived together or if her tried to reach out to any other family before calling 911?

I'm giving it to him for now (even though this seems to come back to bite me anytime I do this on WS), but I do kind of agree it sounds strange to call that soon. On the flip side of that, I don't know their relationship nor how often they were in contact with each other. Maybe they were in constant contact and he could tell something was wrong. I also wonder about the length of their relationship. Yeah, they just started a romantic relationship but how long had they known each other prior to that? Were they good friends for years before they decided to start dating? Maybe they talked a lot and her absence really sparked her concern. Maybe they had a conversation that she would be done at the trail by a certain time so that caused enough concern to contact 911? Maybe they just met each other a few weeks ago. Was he open to her about his past? I agree, just because he was a drug addict doesn't mean he's a murderer. I don't know, just spitballin' here. I don't think I have enough information to really draw conclusion either way. JMO

Totally agree. And didn't it say somewhere that he let LE know where her car was? I wonder if she had said she was going on trail and would call/text/meet up after but he never heard from her. Maybe he was worried when she wasnt responding and so since he knew that was where she was going and it was now dark, he drove by there and saw her car was still there so he knew something wasnt right and called the police.

Depending on how long they have been dating he may or may not have contacts for her family members. I am also wondering where all of her kids were (guessing maybe she didnt have them that weekend) or why her boyfriend didnt join her on the trail since they had had recently posted photos of a similar outing.

I'm giving it to him for now (even though this seems to come back to bite me anytime I do this on WS), but I do kind of agree it sounds strange to call that soon. On the flip side of that, I don't know their relationship nor how often they were in contact with each other. Maybe they were in constant contact and he could tell something was wrong. I also wonder about the length of their relationship. Yeah, they just started a romantic relationship but how long had they known each other prior to that? Were they good friends for years before they decided to start dating? Maybe they talked a lot and her absence really sparked her concern. Maybe they had a conversation that she would be done at the trail by a certain time so that caused enough concern to contact 911? Maybe they just met each other a few weeks ago. Was he open to her about his past? I agree, just because he was a drug addict doesn't mean he's a murderer. I don't know, just spitballin' here. I don't think I have enough information to really draw conclusion either way. JMO
Same. For all we know, he was a family friend for years, or she was genuinely concerned about another person enough that she brought it up to him, etc. I always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, but if this was a Forensic Files episode, the boyfriend would be the red herring before the commercial break where they actually introduce the person who did it. MOO. I'll be eating crow with you if we're wrong.

Anyone else weirded out by the line “captivating blue eyes” in the original release? It bothers me when reporters add opinions especially in missing persons reports. Just seems a bit skivvy. Sheriff’s office page just says blue eyes thankfully.

i dunno. Her facebook page looks rather new, only representing a couple of years. But it is nothing but her selfies. I suspect there were earlier FB pages that are somewhere, or are deleted.

My guess is that we are going to be hearing lots more "physical appearance" crapola with this one. I guess I am feeling "prepared to expect" more <modsnip> coming out. We can pretend that her appearance (and the changes to it) are not the elephant in the room, or we can just expect it...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Morin, 37, was last seen around 6 p.m. Saturday when she went for a walk on the trail. Her boyfriend reported her missing by 11:30 p.m., when she did not return home."

Body found off Ma and Pa Trail amid search for missing woman

That's pretty late. I can say if my girlfriend went on a trail at 6pm and wasn't home by 11:30 pm, I'd call her dad to see if he had heard from her and then my next call would be to the police. She would never be out that late without me knowing about or her giving me some kind of contact. She also always has her Apple watch on so I know she wouldn't be without a way to contact me. YMMV JMO etc

That's pretty late. I can say if my girlfriend went on a trail at 6pm and wasn't home by 11:30 pm, I'd call her dad to see if he had heard from her and then my next call would be to the police. She would never be out that late without me knowing about or her giving me some kind of contact. She also always has her Apple watch on so I know she wouldn't be without a way to contact me. YMMV JMO etc
But I can't find a straight answer on whether they lived together or not. If they didn't, he may not have realized she wasn't home until he took a few steps first. <modsnip: encourages sleuthing of family>

But I can't find a straight answer on whether they lived together or not. If they didn't, he may not have realized she wasn't home until he took a few steps first. <modsnip>

Oh, that is true. For some reason I hadn't thought about that part. Has there been any searches yet? Would be interested to know the boyfriend and the childrens' fathers level of involvement both with any LE interviews as well as taking part in searches (though that isn't the end all be all -- I know most cases here where the significant other won't talk to law enforcement or are nowhere to be seen searching or in the public eye usually end one way).

• A body was discovered near the 6.5-mile trail walking route on Sunday
Mom-of-five Rachel Morin, 37, disappeared on Saturday August 5 at around 6pm leaving her house to take a hike on the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air, Maryland. It's unclear who she was hiking with, but her new boyfriend Richard Tobin, 27, reported her missing.

The medical examiner has not yet revealed how Morin died, but a homicide investigation has been launched. Her family say she did not
'go willingly' and that her death was 'not accidental'.

Both red -bolded - emphasis mine.
Questions....questions ...
Some interesting comments below the link about the trail specifically, and what time it closes ?

Imo.

Wonder if she went hiking with someone ?
Maybe not the boyfriend RT, but someone(s) else ?
If she and someone else were attacked, I'd think we'd know that by now, though.
Who was the very last person to see her ?

My condolences to all who loved her, esp. her children !

I'm anxiously awaiting for an update from LE !
Omo.
I read the ‘not go willingly’ to mean she fought for her life. That just fit better after having heard the scanner when she was found.

On the sheriff fb page, they stated there will be a press conference at 730 tonight.

I hike and walk a lot, and find it odd she’d go out at 600 pm. What time does it get dark? Who specifically did she tell she was going on a walk ? Who saw her clothes?
Going for a walk at 6pm is not weird at all. It doesn’t get dark where I live until after 9pm.

Now that is a very, very interesting avenue. I wonder was there a lot of coparenting going on? If so, it would make sense that he would know where she would be and when. JMO
This is the direction I am leaning towards at this point...there are three different fathers involved here. AFAIK, there has been nary a peep from any of them. <modsnip: not victim friendly toward family> All of the reports I have seen said he reported her missing when she didn't return 'home'. Of course he could have meant she didn't return to HER home. Just speculation on my part, of course. This case is of particular interest to me because I only live 8 miles away from Bel Air, and I have always felt that it is a relatively safe area. My gut is telling me this was not a random act. OMO.

i dunno. Her facebook page looks rather new, only representing a couple of years. But it is nothing but her selfies. I suspect there were earlier FB pages that are somewhere, or are deleted.

My guess is that we are going to be hearing lots more "physical appearance" crapola with this one. I guess I am feeling "prepared to expect" more sheet coming out. We can pretend that her appearance (and the changes to it) are not the elephant in the room, or we can just expect it...
She has an older one, not sure if posted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444