Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Identity of body found on Ma and Pa Trail still not confirmed

The Harford County Medical Examiner’s Office is still working to identify a body found on the Ma and Pa Trail on Sunday afternoon, a spokesperson told The Independent on Monday afternoon.

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said authorities strongly believe a body found by a member of the public on the trail on Sunday afternoon is Rachel Morin."

On the fundraising page, Rebekah Morin said her sister Rachel's death was "not" accidental.

"She did not go willingly, and she deserves a funeral worthy of her beauty," she wrote
rachel morin

*I like all of her photos but this one is my favorite photo of Rachel. My goodness this beautiful mom of five had a hot rocking slamming body. Why shouldn’t she be proud to show herself off in photos? Good for her. She’s very pretty. I’m feeling sorrow for her family.

Last edited:
On the fundraising page, Rebekah Morin said her sister Rachel's death was "not" accidental.

"She did not go willingly, and she deserves a funeral worthy of her beauty," she wrote
rachel morin

Sigh. Glad she’s found but so many questions

What are we thinking here? She announced her relationship officially on what? 8/1? Goes missing 5 days later? Doesn't seem like a lot of time for everything to go wrong ( I could be wrong) We don't know anything about the father of the children, jealous? He could be happily married, no clue. What about a co-worker who had a thing for her and was mad about the new relationship announcement she made? Her best friends, possible coworkers would know if RM complained/said something about it. Do we know where she works? Or, do we have a crazy unknown person out there? I'm trying to think of possibilities. All IMO

rachel morin

*I like all of her photos but this one is my favorite photo of Rachel. My goodness this beautiful mom of five had a hot rocking slamming body. Why shouldn’t she be proud to show herself off in photos? Good for her. She’s very pretty. I’m feeling sorrow for her family.
This image looks nothing like all the others we've seen.
I'm honestly not even sure I'd believe it was the same person.
I know I can't be the only one thinking this.

"Identity of body found on Ma and Pa Trail still not confirmed

The Harford County Medical Examiner’s Office is still working to identify a body found on the Ma and Pa Trail on Sunday afternoon, a spokesperson told The Independent on Monday afternoon.

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said authorities strongly believe a body found by a member of the public on the trail on Sunday afternoon is Rachel Morin."

There's some bits and pieces about Rachel in this article.

Who is Rachel Morin?​

[...]

“Her faith was so strong,” [Best Friend, CB]

Ms Brown wrote that Ms Morin had been divorced, and was a “fierce protector of her children and loved them with all of her heart”.

Ms Morin had worked as a model and appeared on the cover of Owl Magazine, Harford Community College’s student publication, where her brother John Morin worked as a technical director.

In 2018, she shared photographs from a trip to New Zealand to visit John, who was working as a photographer in the town of Whakatane.

[...]

Ms Morin also started her own cleaning business, East Coast Cleaners, in 2019, according to Open Corporates.

[...]

Going for a walk at 6pm is not weird at all. It doesn’t get dark where I live until after 9pm.
When I think of trail hikes I think of being out for at least a couple hrs. As a single woman, I wouldn’t feel safe being alone on a trail at dusk. I go walking in my neighborhood all the time at night, but wouldn’t think of going on a trail.

Agreed. Most people I know who work an 8-5 job end up walking around 6pm or walking their dog at that time.
Agree. I walk my dog after work. But maybe I misunderstood her “walk”. When I think of trail hiking I think of secluded paths, lots of foliage, and not the same as dog walking in a neighborhood.

That’s what I was wondering. If someone carved up her face too much to make ID or if all determinations have to come from medical examiner regardless. I thought she had some identifiable tattoos.
Don't think too much into this. A lot of it is formality-legal-speak. Like how someone can't be pronounced dead at the scene except under specific circumstances.

Even if it clearly seems to be her, they can't officially id her without whatever their procedures are, likely DNA ID.

When I think of trail hikes I think of being out for at least a couple hrs. As a single woman, I wouldn’t feel safe being alone on a trail at dusk. I go walking in my neighborhood all the time at night, but wouldn’t think of going on a trail.
As others mentioned, this trail is a neighborhood trail. It's wide and paved and lots of people use if for walking, running and walking their dogs. Not everyone goes out for a 2 hour walk. If she planned on going out for an hour she would have been home well before dusk.

Having said that, when hiking by myself even during the middle of the day I've been a bit nervous on more isolated trails when I see a single male coming along the trail. But I'm referring to a more isolated trail than the Ma & Pa Trail.

I did notice that her car was found at the William Street trailhead parking lot. That end of the trail is through the woods and is less 'open' compared to other areas of the trail though. I could see that a predator might look for an 'opportunity' in that area. There are low-rise apartments overlooking the parking lot. It's not inconceivable that someone could keep an eye out for a potential victim parking there and heading out on the trail.

Former Harford Countian here - Friends who use the trail have mentioned previously that there is a growing number of homeless people living between the Bypass (RT 24) and Tollgate road area. If that's true, it may have been a crime of opportunity. She was a petite, attractive female alone and there is a tunnel that goes under Rt 24 that may have offered the perp a darker place to surprise her. JMHO.
What i'm anxious to find out is the manner of death. I doubt stabbing or other bloody manners <modsnip - no link>

edit: anxious because it'll tell us if it's possibly DV related. Straight Strangulation would make me think that.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Where are these before and after photos? I’m must have missed these. Also wonder if it’s real of FaceTune or similar apps? Heart breaks for her fam and children and hope LE figures this out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member