Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
''BALTIMORE -- Information about a potential suspect is expected to be shared Thursday in the death of Rachel Morin, a woman whose body was found earlier this month at a popular Harford County trail.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office will provide the update at 4 p.m. Thursday. Check back on this page for updates. ''

Okay so I just watched this (TY for posting this). The thing that stood out to me was how he went through such pains in his social media statement to say the violence of the scene initially recounted by the person interviewed was not true and then later with the Court TV anchor confirms it was violent. I understand the need to keep things under wraps but imo, he is the one who keeps raising the issue of this father, thereby bringing it back to the forefront each time. And, this father has had a lot of accusations thrown his way as I understand it and that's just wrong imo. In short, I think he would be better served to let that narrative fade away instead of bringing up each time he speaks - and so would that father.

This is jmo.
It could be both...what MG told the press about the nature of the injuries could be incorrect...but the actual injuries could still be of a violent nature?

The tunnel shown in the MG interview news report is not terribly large. Assuming this was a correct depiction, I have a hard time thinking that whoever found the body would have spent much time in the tunnel. I'm not sure how to say it more tactfully, so I'll just say it....we are talking about small, enclosed space that has had a dead body in it, in August heat, for probably 12+ hours or more...it also may not have been well lit inside the tunnel...I just don't see someone staying in there very long getting a good look at everything...I picture a searcher going in, quickly confirming CPR on the victim would not be beneficial and/or that what they think they see is actually what they see, and then getting out and staying out until police arrive.

JMO

''BALTIMORE -- Information about a potential suspect is expected to be shared Thursday in the death of Rachel Morin, a woman whose body was found earlier this month at a popular Harford County trail.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office will provide the update at 4 p.m. Thursday. Check back on this page for updates. ''
Press Conference time is 4pm EST, 3pm CST.

JMO

I'm not expecting any major information being shared at the press conference.

Most likely a profiler has developed offender characteristics based on the injuries to the victim, cause death and other information gathered at the crime scene.

JMO

Question: I saw someone somewhere mention that it's very telling that no reward has been offered for information yet, but is that something normally done this early in an investigation? Or could it be indicative of LE having a very strong idea of what happened and who did it? Just curious.

Question: I saw someone somewhere mention that it's very telling that no reward has been offered for information yet, but is that something normally done this early in an investigation? Or could it be indicative of LE having a very strong idea of what happened and who did it? Just curious.
In my observation, rewards are announced to keep the story in the news. Since this story still has a lot of attention, perhaps a reward is not needed.

Then again, maybe they will announce a reward at the presser.

jmo

In my observation, rewards are announced to keep the story in the news. Since this story still has a lot of attention, perhaps a reward is not needed.

Then again, maybe they will announce a reward at the presser.

jmo
Also, a reward can be known to draw in the false confessors and false tippers.
Here is an NPR article about the value of rewards in criminal cases.

Update…

Harford County Sheriff's Office ·​

Follow​

·

Update#2 Apologies for the delay press conference has been postponed until 7:30 PM.
This is positive news! If they just had photos or a description of the perp, why wait 4 hours for a presser, then push it back another 3.5 hours? Usually they want to push that info out asap. Something is happening and I hope they’re questioning/arresting the perp.

Oh?

I'm taking this as a good thing.

jmo
It could be as simple as someone they need to have there, can't make it for 4pm. That seems to happen fairly often when pressers get bumped.

Of course I hope along with everyong else this is good news in regards to catching the monster who did this.

It could be as simple as someone they need to have there, can't make it for 4pm. That seems to happen fairly often when pressers get bumped.

Of course I hope along with everyong else this is good news in regards to catching the monster who did this.
Possibly but isn't it unusual to have a presser at 7:30 if there are no significant developments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms