Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay is making me hopeful things are happening... I'm really hoping this isn't a case of them having DNA, running it through CODIS, and getting hits that also haven't been IDed... Combine that with a sketch and hope for the best.

In other news, nothing fun on the police scanner, although I didn't have high hopes that there would be on the public channel.

The delay is making me hopeful things are happening... I'm really hoping this isn't a case of them having DNA, running it through CODIS, and getting hits that also haven't been IDed... Combine that with a sketch and hope for the best.

In other news, nothing fun on the police scanner, although I didn't have high hopes that there would be on the public channel.
Thanks for checking the scanner!

"a leading law firm dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to clients facing complex and challenging legal situations"

What legal situations is the family facing? This feels sort of apropos of not very much, IMO.

I really think half the time a case gets this kind of attention attorneys seeking notoriety offer up their services for free just for the exposure. Seeing it in Gilgo now too.

I think Idaho was different, a rare exception. I think KG's family sought out counsel bc they needed someone to help them fight for their rights.

jmo

Last edited:
Maybe navigating the court system for custody of Rachel’s minor children?

AFAIK all fathers are alive. As far as visitation, not getting cut off from the kids, that issue is not ripe for adjudication yet imo since they haven't yet been denied access to the kids. The immediate aftermath here wouldn't be enough I don't think. However, this calculus changes completely if one of them is named a suspect.

All jmo and speculation.

I noticed one of her Facebooks ended in 2018. The other Facebook appears to have been started up in 2019 and continued to present. Both are up now and easily searched.

I don't know which one was temporarily taken down.

JMO
The one started in 2019 was her most current one and was the one that was temporarily taken down.

AFAIK all fathers are alive. As far as visitation, not getting cut off from the kids, that issue is not ripe for adjudication yet imo since they haven't yet been denied access to the kids. The immediate aftermath here wouldn't be enough I don't think. However, this calculus changes completely if one of them is named a suspect.

All jmo and speculation.
Can the family fight for joint custody with grandparents or something of the like so that the children can stay together? My understanding is all of the children are currently in the care of their respective fathers, so I can't imagine being torn apart from your siblings because of this, when they likely need each other more than ever.

Can the family fight for joint custody with grandparents or something of the like so that the children can stay together? My understanding is all of the children are currently in the care of their respective fathers, so I can't imagine being torn apart from your siblings because of this, when they likely need each other more than ever.

I don't see how they can take partial custody away from the fathers unless maybe one of them ends up being a suspect in this case. I would hope the family would want the kids to see each other but who knows what the relationships are like between these men. The grandparents would have rights moo, but there's no indication that they've been denied any access yet.

Like you, I have no idea why they retained this firm since the reason wasn't disclosed to us and aside from being a spokesperson I can't imagine what their legal fight is. I don't think they retained them to deal with custody or visitation, at least not yet for the reasons above. And, it could be that the firm solicited them - to get the exposure.

ETA: There is one matter that needs legal attention. Her estate. But I haven't looked them up. It would be curious if they do NOT practice in that (trusts and estates) area.

MOO

Last edited:
I don't see how they can take partial custody away from the fathers unless maybe one of them ends up being a suspect in this case. I would hope the family would want the kids to see each other but who knows what the relationships are like between these men. The grandparents would have rights moo, but there's no indication that they've been denied any access yet.

Like you, I have no idea why they retained this firm since the reason wasn't disclosed to us and aside from being a spokesperson I can't imagine what their legal fight is. I don't think they retained them to deal with custody or visitation, at least not yet for the reasons above. And, it could be that the firm solicited them - to get the exposure.

MOO
Perhaps media, youtubers, etc are contacting them and they would prefer all of that be handled by someone else.

jmo

Does anyone have a link? tia
It will be on the Harford County Sheriff Facebook page. Sounds like we might be getting either suspect description or an announcement of an arrest.

Police to provide update on Rachel Morin case in Bel Air, potential suspect info - WBAL TV 11
Police will provide an update on the Rachel Morin case in Bel Air on Thursday, including "important potential suspect information."

The Harford County Sheriff's Office announced they will hold a press conference at 7:30 p.m.

Possibly off topic as we don’t know that this will even be a issue:

Maryland is fairly generous with grandparents rights. IMO, if Rachel’s family can prove they had regular, consistent time with the children, they may have a case for legal visitation. That would also be influenced by how the fathers exercised their visitation as well. If her family saw the kids very frequently/daily and a father was basically absent, they would have a good case for custody. Also her oldest child is 18 and she may have grounds to ask for guardianship of her siblings. All imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha