Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is not that kind of place. Kent Island is really an island. A tiny one. In farm country. People from THERE go ELSEWHERE to "hang out". And most people who live on the other side of the bay bridge don't come over much except for a summer trip to Ocean City. It's like another world. The toll on the bridge is exorbitant and the traffic is often congested since many people who live just east of the bridge commute to the other side to work. The crime rates are RIDICULOUSLY low.
Agree completely. The only thing you really see every once in a while is some minor drug activity, maybe some shoplifting, domestic disputes...nothing major at all!

I had a friend whose wife left the "marital home". Once he began dating someone seriously enough to have "sleepover dates", he sure did not want her to have a key anymore, but every time he gave one to his kids, she took it, and stuff kept disappearing from the house. It was not legal for him to change the locks! Since SHE did not have to allow him access to HER domicile during the separation, it doesn't seem "fair" that she should have unfettered access to his.

My guess is that since they were not divorced with her being out of the home for less than 3 months ,he would have no legal grounds as far as I know to lock her out but each case has their own agreements and since he didn't have keys to her place (as stated in earlier posts,needed the friends daughter to open the door) maybe the locks were changed. The thing is he said he left due to his attorneys advice when she arrived. I'm just finding it odd that he would leave . This was not amicable based on the attorneys advice to leave when alone with her. I could see an argument happening. Her keys ,purse and cell phone were in the car (which tells me this was intended to be a quick visit), if that were so then why would he leave? Was the door locked when he returned? Was she able to lock the door without the key ? My feeling is she arrived earlier than the 11-11:30pm time he gave police. This is of course all conjecture.

Oh, okay, makes perfect sense. :what:

Hastings told HLN her mother had a job interview at a GNC on March 1 around 8 p.m. The last known communication from her cell phone was a 13-minute call to Wayne Pope at 10:30 p.m. that ended when she reached Oregon Road, which connects to the street where the couple had lived and Wayne still resided.

According to Hastings, Wayne Pope allegedly said he fell asleep after that conversation. When he woke up, he allegedly found Robin sleeping in her car outside the house. He knocked on her window and told her he would leave so she could go inside and get her belongings.

According to Robin Pope’s best friend Debbie O’Malley, Wayne came to her house around 1:30 a.m. on March 2 to ask if she had seen Robin. He allegedly told her he had left Robin at his house around 11:00 p.m. because his attorney advised him not to be alone with her, but she and her dog, a Great Dane named Bella, were gone when he returned two hours later.

There was no sign of Robin Pope at the condo where she had been staying and she was not answering her phone, according to O’Malley. At that point, she advised Wayne Pope to go home, call the police and report Robin missing.

Wayne Pope called police and responding officers found Robin’s phone, purse and ID in her car at their house. Medication that Robin had been taking following successful treatment for breast cancer was also left in the vehicle, Hastings said.

Later on Saturday, the dog’s body was found in the water near the home by local residents walking along the shore, according to police.

“I’m suspicious,” O’Malley told HLN. “Robin doesn’t just up and disappear.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/21/robin-pope-new-details-search-missing-maryland-woman

So we are to believe that they talked for 13 minutes, he fell asleep while she only had a block to go so she sat in her car until he woke and came out and said he would leave? And at what point did the dog get out?

So we are to believe that they talked for 13 minutes, he fell asleep while she only had a block to go so she sat in her car until he woke and came out and said he would leave? And at what point did the dog get out?
also he said he woke her up as she was sleeping in the car....sorry I'm not buying it. 13 minute conversation ending a block away and they both fall asleep? not kosher sorry. this is a stretch and I wouldn't be surprised if during the police interview there are other statements made that LE are not releasing. Was the shirt in the water or on the beach? if they are testing it I'm guessing more likely it was dry . Where is her coat? was she wearing one? March 1st ,how cold was it at night that she fell asleep within minutes of arriving at the Pope home? More questions than answers....:banghead:

also he said he woke her up as she was sleeping in the car....sorry I'm not buying it. 13 minute conversation ending a block away and they both fall asleep? not kosher sorry. this is a stretch and I wouldn't be surprised if during the police interview there are other statements made that LE are not releasing. Was the shirt in the water or on the beach? if they are testing it I'm guessing more likely it was dry . Where is her coat? was she wearing one? March 1st ,how cold was it at night that she fell asleep within minutes of arriving at the Pope home? More questions than answers....:banghead:
It was cold that night, to answer that question. I want to say the shirt was found on land, I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It was found near where Bella was found, I know for sure. I also remember reading somewhere that the police asked the search team to look for her coat. This is getting weirder and weirder by the minute!

something tells me that whatever happened, happened between 10:30 & 11:00. the phone call confirms she was alive at 10:30 and him leaving at 11 opens the door for his alibi to start working. "being asleep" from 10:30-11:00 leaves an answer to questions about what he was "doing" during that time. however, i find it hard to believe they both fell asleep in that short of a time frame.. especially when she was so close to the house when they last spoke. i also question what the conversation was about if they spoke for 13 minutes and were about to see each other face to face. something tells me it was either an argument that lead to confrontation upon arrival, or perhaps something was wrong with bella, so she was concerned about bella's well-being and wanted to stay on the phone till she got there (but then why fall asleep if you're concerned about the dog?!). but if that was the case, why would he say they were both missing?

ive been wondering... did he happen to have a boat (even if it was a small one)? perhaps the boat was at the dock and RP was harmed, put into the boat, and bella jumped in after the boat even tho she was afraid of the water? maybe bella didn't drown or have trauma to the body, but if the water was really cold, could it have sent her "frail" (?) body into shock? maybe she was able to swim (or walk) back to the shore but it was just too cold for her to handle?

something tells me that whatever happened, happened between 10:30 & 11:00. the phone call confirms she was alive at 10:30 and him leaving at 11 opens the door for his alibi to start working. "being asleep" from 10:30-11:00 leaves an answer to questions about what he was "doing" during that time. however, i find it hard to believe they both fell asleep in that short of a time frame.. especially when she was so close to the house when they last spoke. i also question what the conversation was about if they spoke for 13 minutes and were about to see each other face to face. something tells me it was either an argument that lead to confrontation upon arrival, or perhaps something was wrong with bella, so she was concerned about bella's well-being and wanted to stay on the phone till she got there (but then why fall asleep if you're concerned about the dog?!). but if that was the case, why would he say they were both missing?

ive been wondering... did he happen to have a boat (even if it was a small one)? perhaps the boat was at the dock and RP was harmed, put into the boat, and bella jumped in after the boat even tho she was afraid of the water? maybe bella didn't drown or have trauma to the body, but if the water was really cold, could it have sent her "frail" (?) body into shock? maybe she was able to swim (or walk) back to the shore but it was just too cold for her to handle?
I did read somewhere that the dog died from hypothermia..but it wasn't confirmed by the vet. I also recall reading a quote from a close family friend that the dog was deathly afraid of the water (if true then either she was thrown in or jumped in because she sensed something with her owner).

Praying that Robin is found safe and sound. I know it's is becoming less likely but miracles do happen.

We do have more violent crime here than occasional. Murder is not unheard of like it once was.

Hello everyone, I am new here ! I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, just 20 minutes from Kent Island, so I'm very interested in this case. I agree that the story reported on the news makes no sense at all. There is no way Wayne fell asleep right after talking to her when she was a few minutes away, and then she fell asleep in the driveway? No way. I don't know if all the facts are being reported correctly or not, but if they are being reported correctly, my prime suspect would be Wayne Pope. I'm not saying he did it, just stating my opinion. I believe what a previous poster said makes alot of sense....there is a time period 10:30-11:00 where we have no clue what the heck happened.

Also someone had stated that violent crime is pretty much unheard of here on the shore. I disagree with that. My husband is a police officer here and there is alot more violent crime and murders now than there was in previous years. Crime is definitely increasing. I think the pressures of our world today with the bad economy etc, as well as parents that don't raise their kids right, and a booming population is the reason for it increasing in places where it was unheard of before.

Hello everyone, I am new here ! I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, just 20 minutes from Kent Island, so I'm very interested in this case. I agree that the story reported on the news makes no sense at all. There is no way Wayne fell asleep right after talking to her when she was a few minutes away, and then she fell asleep in the driveway? No way. I don't know if all the facts are being reported correctly or not, but if they are being reported correctly, my prime suspect would be Wayne Pope. I'm not saying he did it, just stating my opinion. I believe what a previous poster said makes alot of sense....there is a time period 10:30-11:00 where we have no clue what the heck happened.

Also someone had stated that violent crime is pretty much unheard of here on the shore. I disagree with that. My husband is a police officer here and there is alot more violent crime and murders now than there was in previous years. Crime is definitely increasing. I think the pressures of our world today with the bad economy etc, as well as parents that don't raise their kids right, and a booming population is the reason for it increasing in places where it was unheard of before.

Thanks for this post. I moved to QA County mainly because it was low-crime (especially compared to some other places an hour or less from there). I left almost 3 years ago because the commute to Baltimore was killing me, but would move back in an instant. KI is a bit more "modern" than further east, especially with the through-traffic headed to the beach, and the Prime Outlets that bring chicken-neckers over from time to time.

If Robin got there after having JUST talked to him, why didn't she CALL HIS PHONE to wake him (or find out where he was) and/or go knock on the door? Since she lived minutes away, if those things did not work, "I" would have left a note and gone home to deal with it later. I doubt I'd go take a nap in my car. Especially since he'd have no idea she was out there if he just woke up at 2am and went to bed thinking she had never come. I suspect she may never have made it INTO the house. Were the items she went to collect found in the car?

Yes, I moved to Caroline County from Baltimore County (Dundalk area) almost 12 years ago now. The crime is definitely less here but it is becoming more every year. I still love it better here though, much more peaceful.

Yes, I moved to Caroline County from Baltimore County (Dundalk area) almost 12 years ago now. The crime is definitely less here but it is becoming more every year. I still love it better here though, much more peaceful.

*LOL* I moved from Centreville to Dundalk. Hi neighbor! Caroline County is also very nice.

The account (from WP) that he fell asleep shortly after speaking on the phone with RP for several minutes; and that RP fell asleep in her car in the yard...... just does not pass the smell test for me. So true, that several details and bits of evidence surely must reveal the truth about what happened between that phone call and WP showing up at the neighbor's house a few hours later. Signs of a struggle or scratches/bruises, etc. Come on, tell the truth and deal with consequences. RP's kids and friends deserve answers and RP needs to be located.

A phone call ending a block from his house. He falls asleep, she falls asleep in her car. A three day old baracuda sitting out in the sun couldn't smell fishier. IMO. Who does that??? I have never heard of such a thing in my life. That's not even a decent alibi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back