Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd like to know the conversation between WP and the woman who drove with him to the apartment to see if Robin was there. I m sure LE will/has interviewed her on this. We are also assuming the beginning of the timeline is correct. I didn't read anything to collaborate it with WP's version. There is just a cellphone call. Maybe it was WP making the call to his own home( or to his own cellphone, they would both be using the same cell tower) using her phone...

If she was coming from a job interview at GNC, as claimed, I'd think LE would have verified that.

While I agree it may possible that she was weighted down, I have done a little research on drowning victims and the estimated time it takes them to come to the surface. Different factors play into this such as the amount of fat contained in body tissue and the temperature of the water. I'll provide a link to an article that provides further explanation. To sum up, the article claims that it can take several weeks for a drowning victim to rise to the surface especially if they drowned in cold water and have more lean muscle tissue than fat tissue.

http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

She was rather slim, and a warm winter coat can hold a LOT of water, as can boots and jeans. If it could pull her under, perhaps it could keep her there. I also wonder if she would have floated sooner if there had been air in her lungs, or if this delayed recovery may indicate that her lungs were water-filled.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2013/03/22/homicide-unit-investigating-davidsonville-death/
OK, this is one county over. About 30 miles from Robin's home. A woman and her dog were found dead in her home about 11:30PM on Friday, March 22. It has since been classified as a homicide, but there are a few too many similarities to Robin's case. Day of the week, time of day, woman AND her dog found dead... It could be nothing, but I think I may contact Sheriff Hoffman.

She was rather slim, and a warm winter coat can hold a LOT of water, as can boots and jeans. If it could pull her under, perhaps it could keep her there. I also wonder if she would have floated sooner if there had been air in her lungs, or if this delayed recovery may indicate that her lungs were water-filled.

I can't be certain, but I would think that if her lungs were water filled, that would delay recovery and indicate drowning as a possible cause of death.

I found another article that is very informative regarding drowning in conjunction with crime. I believe it will answer your question.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/drowning.html

I can't be certain, but I would think that if her lungs were water filled, that would delay recovery and indicate drowning as a possible cause of death.

I found another article that is very informative regarding drowning in conjunction with crime. I believe it will answer your question.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/drowning.html

I agree that water would show she had drowned, but who can say if that was an accident or if she was held under? Unless there is a lot of other antemortem damage to the body, I don't think you could tell.

I agree that water would show she had drowned, but who can say if that was an accident or if she was held under? Unless there is a lot of other antemortem damage to the body, I don't think you could tell.

I would think that if she was held under, she would have put up a fight. Just based on the fact that she had a reputation for being feisty and also worked out and was physically fit, I am banking on the fact that she would have put up a fight. If she did put up a fight, that will increase the odds of the investigation pointing towards an intentional drowning.

Unfortunately, unless there are signs of a struggle on her body, or on a person of interest, or at the scene of the crime, it may be very hard to conclude if this was accidental or intentional. That's exactly why this is so disturbing.

I just personally do not think this is an accidental drowning. Robin has lived in that house for a very long time, by all accounts can swim just fine and the water is shallow right there. I'm not saying it is impossible but to me just doesn't seem likely. Also she had a job interview prior to driving to the house so I doubt she was intoxicated, but again could be wrong. I hope the autopsy sheds some light on this case and if she was murdered, I hope whomever did it is punished.

I have read and reread articles online about this case. I have tried to imagine every scenario and I come up with one idea, then go to another. It's so sad and confusing. I did wonder if Robin's husband had contacted the daughters to support them, or if he is avoiding everyone...

Per locals he has not been seen in 3 weeks

Then IF he did it, I'm wondering how someone who kills an ex in a fit of rage/crime of passion does it so quickly, hides the body, recovers emotionally, and then goes to her friend's home in a matter of a few hours. I'm not saying he didn't do it - I really am at a loss on this case - but that's a narrow timeline. If true, then there are bound to be mistakes made in haste. I wonder what his demeanor was when he showed up at the friend's home?

I agree belimom, that "if" (and although I am leaning, am still waiting for more from LE) WP caused her to land in the bay deceased..... in the dark....her being reported as "fit" ..... that there must have been evidence or indicators that were overlooked by WP (in the house, yard, cars, etc). I would think that the light of day revealed that information. At the same time, I think that if WP was involved..... that RP must have left some marks on him (scratches, bruises, etc.)

I'd like to know the conversation between WP and the woman who drove with him to the apartment to see if Robin was there. I m sure LE will/has interviewed her on this. We are also assuming the beginning of the timeline is correct. I didn't read anything to collaborate it with WP's version. There is just a cellphone call. Maybe it was WP making the call to his own home( or to his own cellphone, they would both be using the same cell tower) using her phone...

I too would like to hear a recording (knowing one does not likely exist) of the conversation .... what was said (content) and how said (tenses used and such).

Re: the reported cell call. Somehow LE was able to pinpoint the location of RP's cell (and assume RP also) to a point just a few minutes from the house. I am not clear on whether WP was on his cell or the house phone for that 13 min call that ended about 10:30pm. If the house phone, it would seem he was at the house during the call. If his cell, seems the records pinpoint his location too. It is possible that LE has more than we know on this subject and are holding it close.

In general, there is just so much that has not been reported and I hope that means that LE is on to answers and is getting things in order. While it is not really our business (except in trying to determine what happened), I wonder why they were breaking the marriage. What were the reasons and had there been "severe" arguments in the past? The time of night and him leaving the house is curious. I hope answers will come soon and if there is someone responsible for her death that they will be revealed.

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2013/03/22/homicide-unit-investigating-davidsonville-death/
OK, this is one county over. About 30 miles from Robin's home. A woman and her dog were found dead in her home about 11:30PM on Friday, March 22. It has since been classified as a homicide, but there are a few too many similarities to Robin's case. Day of the week, time of day, woman AND her dog found dead... It could be nothing, but I think I may contact Sheriff Hoffman.

I noted this report also and even checked location on a map. Basically a few miles inland across the bay waters. I suspect if there is any connection between Nicole and Robin.... that LE are on it. I think she was found by 2 friends at 11:30 am. I think it was reported that she was stabbed and COD of her dog not reported. I agree there are common threads but have not seen any connections reported. We'll see.

i wish we could hear what the 9-11 call sounded like..

I would love to know what WP's attorney's reason was for WP not being at the house when Robin was there. That could be VERY telling!

Think about it- how weird is it that WP's attorney does not want WP at home alone when Robin is there, then she disappears and reappears dead???

I would love to know what WP's attorney's reason was for WP not being at the house when Robin was there. That could be VERY telling!

Think about it- how weird is it that WP's attorney does not want WP at home alone when Robin is there, then she disappears and reappears dead???

I agree cutter99, it would be very enlightening to know the reasons. I know that in most cases like this, there is a world of details we never know.

I know it is personal and prolly none of our business; however it is only natural to want to know. Usually the real details only come out if there are "talkers" in the situation or at trial (if there is one).

My opinion only (MOO) - based on the comments I've read in various places it's reported that WP had been "scarce" since RP went missing. Paired with no public statements or showing up with dgts for media..... sends up red flags for me.

If she was coming from a job interview at GNC, as claimed, I'd think LE would have verified that.

I thought I had read the interview was at 8pm with GNC. So maybe 25-30 minutes there. I don't know where GNC is in relation to WP 's home plus whether she went there directly after GNC.

ps...I never saw a guy wear those gloves you described..

I noted this report also and even checked location on a map. Basically a few miles inland across the bay waters. I suspect if there is any connection between Nicole and Robin.... that LE are on it. I think she was found by 2 friends at 11:30 am. I think it was reported that she was stabbed and COD of her dog not reported. I agree there are common threads but have not seen any connections reported. We'll see.

I also see the two similarities - woman and dog - but I think it ends there. Robin was discovered about a mile or so away from home. Neither her nor Bella were murdered at home - if murdered at all. Nicole Burgess was stabbed. :(

Sounds like a completely different MO to me.

I know they are less than 30 miles apart, but they really aren't "close". We go through Davidsonville quite a bit on the way to the Bay (we don't usually go up towards Kent Island but down towards Chesapeake Beach). I would never think to describe them as "close". The Bay Bridge and Annapolis are what puts more of a barrier between the two than just the miles, kwim? I also think that Robin's home is really off the beaten path and no one is just going to walk past or stumble upon it.

That's just my take. Maybe someone more local to the area than I am can give their take on it.

Back in the 1970s a television broadcast/story stated that all telephone calls were being recorded at one of the government agencies down on wallops island virginia. That was decades before cell phones and the internet. Google the word Echelon and it will state that under the US's, CIA, NSA and other world superpowers they intercept over two billion phone calls, faxes, e-mails and all other electronic communications per day, meaning they record them. Also, in a George Bush Jr. news story, he/they stated on record that Quote: The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.
I have no idea if LE is able to access any of the phone calls necessary, but they exist. Quite probably though they could only be used as information, not legal in court. Key words or phrases, either verbal or written will bring the scrutiny to human ears. The whole thing is on tape somewhere?

Good morning everyone ! Just to give an idea of a timeline, I believe she interviewed at the Annapolis GNC...without any traffic it takes approximately 45 mins to get from there to Wayne Pope's home. We don't know how long her interview was, I assume the police do. So she could have stopped somewhere between GNC and Oregon Road for gas, something to eat etc. I'm assuming the police are checking that out as well. Anyway what we do know is that she was last talking on her cell phone to Wayne when she was on Oregon Road. Once on Oregon Road, it only takes 2 minutes to get to Waynes house. There is no gas stations or anywhere else to stop from there to his house in that 2 minute time frame. So we are to believe he fell asleep in 2 minutes time? I don't think so but that's just me, lol.

Why did WP go to the friend's house at 2 am and not call the police if this was on the up and up???

And I had also wondered what was the reasoning behind him having to leave the house on the advice of his lawyer when she was there? The only thing I can think of is to prevent false accusations of violence between them. If he's gone, then she can't claim he caused her any harm.

I find it odd he's suppose to leave the house, when she could be going in there taking anything she wanted while it was unattended by him. Like the Ming vase or a Piccaso or something of tremendous value. JMO

I would think that if she was held under, she would have put up a fight. Just based on the fact that she had a reputation for being feisty and also worked out and was physically fit, I am banking on the fact that she would have put up a fight. If she did put up a fight, that will increase the odds of the investigation pointing towards an intentional drowning.

Unfortunately, unless there are signs of a struggle on her body, or on a person of interest, or at the scene of the crime, it may be very hard to conclude if this was accidental or intentional. That's exactly why this is so disturbing.

If WP has injuries, it would definitely change my opinion. But if RP did, remember that her body MAY have been slammed against the HUGE rocks (that are used to prevent shoreline erosion) by the choppy water for as much as 3 weeks. Additionally, there was some decomposition. It may be difficult to make a determination based on trauma to the body unless they can show it occurred before she was in the water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back