Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My point was that familiarity with the water and an ability to swim are not always enough. Particularly in water in the 30s.

and I agree with you, just in this case I don't think it is plausible that she went into the water unless she tripped and fell, hit her head etc. But in this situation, the story about falling asleep, the divorce, having to leave as to not be alone with her etc, just lead me to believe something more sinister happeneed. I hope it didn't but the chance is definitely there.

Maybe, I just don't think it's that plausible. Since I live close, I have been to the beach there, it is not deep and it's not like the ocean where you get pulled out, it's relatively calm. Unless she hit or head or something, I just don't think it's likely IMO.

I lived there for 5 years, until 2010. I would expect her hands and feet to become numb almost immediately from the cold which might make it difficult to remove heavy outer garments to reduce the weight pulling her down. I don't know how fast hypothermia would kick in, but it is the cold more than the depth I was concerned with.

I lived there for 5 years, until 2010. I would expect her hands and feet to become numb almost immediately from the cold which might make it difficult to remove heavy outer garments to reduce the weight pulling her down. I don't know how fast hypothermia would kick in, but it is the cold more than the depth I was concerned with.

yes I agree with you, if she fell in, which I don't think she did, but again JMO.

and I'm just more suspicious of Wayne's story because it would mean he fell asleep mere minutes after their phone call when she was 2 minutes away and knew she was coming. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I went back through this thread and looked at some of the articles that were released early on. Many of them say that Robin Pope was last seen by her husband at 11:00 PM, some even say between 11:00 and 11:30 PM. That was the story, up until it was released in that HLN article that there was a 13 minute phone call between Robin and Wayne that ended at 10:30 PM when she was a very short distance, just minutes, from the home. As I recall, that is when the information about Wayne falling asleep and Robin being asleep in the car came out. Coincidence? I don't think so!

In my opinion the events of the evening/timeline changed because of the discovery of that 13 minute phone call ending around 10:30 PM. I believe whatever happened to Robin occurred between 10:30 and 11:00 PM.

I think he went to look for her at the friend's house before calling LE. I think that is pretty normal. Before I call and report someone missing, I am going to look in the immediate area/likely locations first.

Anything in the house is probably community property and she could take anything at all. They still need to settle up on the value of the home, retirement plans, and other items, so this may have been something that would have been taken into consideration down the line.

I personally don't know of anyone whom I'm friends with that I can pop in on at midnight, 1 am in the morning for a visit. I don't see this as being normal. And when he went to the house, he woke everyone up. Why would she be spending the night there???

Her car was at his place. Did he think she walked to her friend's house that late at night???

This doesn't make sense to me. Of course, I don't know her relationship with the woman so maybe she does go visit her at 2 am, but I don't know a lot of people who would be receptive to that. IMO.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I went back through this thread and looked at some of the articles that were released early on. Many of them say that Robin Pope was last seen by her husband at 11:00 PM, some even say between 11:00 and 11:30 PM. That was the story, up until it was released in that HLN article that there was a 13 minute phone call between Robin and Wayne that ended at 10:30 PM when she was a very short distance, just minutes, from the home. As I recall, that is when the information about Wayne falling asleep and Robin being asleep in the car came out. Coincidence? I don't think so!

In my opinion the events of the evening/timeline changed because of the discovery of that 13 minute phone call ending around 10:30 PM. I believe whatever happened to Robin occurred between 10:30 and 11:00 PM.

Thanks for your post BloodhoundSleuther. Likewise, when I read the story about the 13 min phone call ending at 10:30pm; only a few blocks from the house - my spidey bells started ringing. I realized the reported timeline of events had shifted. I do not think the story we have seen reported makes sense either. While there is a possibility (very slim) it could have happened as reported so far, there are so many (for me) red flags. It just does not ring true.

An additional note, LE has the capacity as part of their investigation to obtain the pings from her phone from the GNC interview, during the drive and the drive and arrival at the house. They likely got the 13 min call ending at 10:30 location that way. It is my understanding (based on a trial I watched) that LE has the ability to get such info. from her phone; as well as the car (if the car had anything like OnStar - no matter if OS was subscribed or not. LE techies can make a map of movement, times, etc. from those devices. All that information could provide additional details for investigation and/or insight.

I meant that if he wore ANY gloves, it would not appear obvious that anyone but Robin used the phone. If there is a screen protector on the device, you could remove it after using the touch screen. If I was trying to hide the murder of my wife, I don't know that I'd be too concerned about whether men wear that style glove. Nobody is going to see him in them. If they were there with the phone, it would be easy to slip one on for a minute. I also just tested my smartphone, and I can put a piece of copy paper over the screen and it still responds and would not leave any prints at all.
I should have been more clear. I meant gloves that are made specifically for use on smart phones (the finger tips have a different material allowing the users to swipe on the screen). Keep in mind he wouldn't know if she had told anybody when she had arrived at the house . So basically you feel this is a premeditated murder. I'm not so sure unless the time was setup by WP for her to come by. He would need time to line up all his ducks in a row (the act of murder (clean up), the disposal (clean up), establish alibi, RP's friends house). The autopsy hopefully will reveal info as how she died.

I totally understand that, but in this situation I just do not think it is at all plausible that she went in the water. Sure you could argue she was helping/looking for her dog, but I just don't think that is what happened in this situation, just my opinion of course.

I agree

they started talking prior to her getting to oregon road. LE said that the call ended on Oregon Road. So that means the call ended (not started or during) when she got to Oregon Road.
. I can't see how it couldn't have ended on Romancoke unless that is the only spot where her call can be triangulated by multiple cell towers.

Does anyone here know if the GNC was the one in Easton or by Annapolis,Edgewater?

Does anyone here know if the GNC was the one in Easton or by Annapolis,Edgewater?

I don't know for sure, but I think it was in Annapolis because someone on the Sheriff's website said they saw her in Annapolis in the early evening, so if they are telling the truth, I guess it was over there.

I should have been more clear. I meant gloves that are made specifically for use on smart phones (the finger tips have a different material allowing the users to swipe on the screen). Keep in mind he wouldn't know if she had told anybody when she had arrived at the house . So basically you feel this is a premeditated murder. I'm not so sure unless the time was setup by WP for her to come by. He would need time to line up all his ducks in a row (the act of murder (clean up), the disposal (clean up), establish alibi, RP's friends house). The autopsy hopefully will reveal info as how she died.

ETA: I was typing this on my tablet at the shoe store while my daughter looked for shoes for her new job. I posted it accidentally and could not figure out how to edit my post.

I never meant to suggest he'd wear the "phone gloves", just that if he had rubbed off any prints he might have left on the screen (if he used it), I don't think you could tell that it had been wiped rather than the phone having last been used (by Robin) wearing that type of glove. It was farfetched, and I still may not be explaining it clearly. On my phone, two taps will take you to the list of recent calls. You wouldn't even need to wipe the whole screen, just two tiny areas, and I just tested my touch screen and my fingernail will also work to press "buttons", leaving no prints. It is all speculation and what-if. Just throwing things out to see what sticks.

I absolutely do NOT "feel this was a premeditated murder", I did not mean to suggest murder above other possibilities, and have offered as many accidental death scenarios as I have foul-play scenarios, and have further stated that, if it is found to be homicide, someone besides WP might be responsible.

The glove thing started after the discussion turned to the odd story he allegedly told about them falling asleep (which is just SO odd that I have to wonder if this part of the story is NOT exactly what he says happened, but rather information repeated by someone else who mis-stated the facts) and why he would need an "alibi" for the 15 minute block of time.

I suppose he might have been told by LE that both phones pinged there for that block of time and he needed to have an explanation for why he did not leave when she arrived, as reportedly advised to do by his attorney.

The suggestion had been made that he could not know who she might have called during the missing time* and had to cover himself "in case". I had suggested that IF he had 'done something' to her, he could have checked her phone to SEE who she had called (if anyone) prior to constructing this elaborate and seemingly unlikely scenario/alibi.

This raised the question of whether it would be clear to LE if he had accessed information in her phone, by virtue of his fingerprints on the phone, or after doing this, eliminating HER prints as well (by wiping the phone), which would raise suspicion. I have since simplified this to: if he had checked her phone to see who, if anyone, she had called or texted, he could simply have said he did so when he came home (why did he come home if she never called to say she had left?) and she was missing, in the hope of finding some indication of where she might have gone and who she might have gone with, explaining any fingerprints found.

*If he was, in fact, asleep, this is true. But if it is NOT true that he was asleep, and there was any sort of interaction between them during the time both phones pinged there, he'd have known if she had called anyone because he was right there with her.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
ETA: I was typing this on my tablet at the shoe store while my daughter looked for shoes for her new job. I posted it accidentally and could not figure out how to edit my post.

I wonder what the accuracy rate of the autopsy of Bella is. I have worked as a small animal vet tech and I do not recall the practice I worked for ever performing an autopsy. I also own horses, and lost one very dramatically and suddenly about 13 years ago. When I discussed the possibility of performing a necropsy on the horse to determine cause of death, my veterinarian did not recommend doing it because she felt most necropsies cannot accurately narrow down actual cause of death.

Bella's cause of death was released very quickly. There was no way toxicology tests could have been performed and the results returned that quickly- is there???

I wonder what the accuracy rate of the autopsy of Bella is. I have worked as a small animal vet tech and I do not recall the practice I worked for ever performing an autopsy. I also own horses, and lost one very dramatically and suddenly about 13 years ago. When I discussed the possibility of performing a necropsy on the horse to determine cause of death, my veterinarian did not recommend doing it because she felt most necropsies cannot accurately narrow down actual cause of death.

Bella's cause of death was released very quickly. There was no way toxicology tests could have been performed and the results returned that quickly- is there???

I had the same thought and posted on the previous page that I wonder if a full autopsy was performed vs just a visual exam and a necropsy. I have a feeling that Bella didn't die of natural causes. I think if she had, then the daughter or friend or someone would have been told by Robin that Bella was not doing well, etc. I guess it's possible that they did know and we just aren't privy to that info.

Do we know who performed the autopsy on Bella- was it someone local or done through a state lab? I'm in PA and if there is a question concerning the death of an animal that is suspicious, the animal is sent to the state vet in Harrisburg. Is it the same in MD?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon
Back