Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to clarify that other woman and dog were both stabbed to death and its about a 40 minute drive apart. Davidsonville and Stevensville I wouldn't count as being in the same area

By being in the same area, I meant the same geographic area, they are only 25 miles apart, which to me is not that far apart considering the coincidence that two women and their dogs died within a short time frame of one another.

I personally do not think these two cases are related, however, the point of my post was to point out that we don't know what Rachel's comment to the reporter meant other than she thinks someone is responsible for her mother's death. She is entitled to her opinion and being that she is in the inner circle of her family and family friends, we really can't speculate as to what is causing her to think that. Maybe she just can't believe her mother may have simply drowned, or maybe she has reason to think something else happened, bottom line, we just don't know.

Hence the reason I said her comment actually doesn't mean that much

I respectfully disagree. What you really said was, "Actually the comment doesn't tell you anything at all."

There's a big difference between "the comment actually doesn't mean that much" and "the comment actually doesn't tell you anything at all."

Rachel's comment tells us that she thinks for whatever reason that someone is responsible for her mother's death. To speculate as to why she thinks that, is where I disagree with you. You can't be certain that she thinks that because she can't imagine her mother may have simply drowned anymore than she may actually think someone murdered her mom.

It's fine to have an opinion on the issue, but saying that Rachel's comment doesn't tell you anything at all is a stretch based on your opinion only considering you don't know what exactly is the reason behind Rachel's statement.

It's always sad to have a death in the family, especially one under suspicious circumstances, but to add being on LE's radar as a possibility of causing that death, I can't even imagine. Going through one of the worst times of your life and being the focus of an investigation, is a heavy burden, especially if you are innocent. It adds a whole new dimension to the pain. IMO, JMO, MOO

You have your opinion and I have mine. We can agree to disagree on it

Everything in here is mostly opinion since very little actual facts have been released by the police

I can see how she doesn't want to believe its an accident but that doesn't mean it wasnt

You have your opinion and I have mine. We can agree to disagree on it

Everything in here is mostly opinion since very little actual facts have been released by the police

I can see how she doesn't want to believe its an accident but that doesn't mean it wasnt

I agree that we should agree to disagree. I have no idea if this was an accident or intentional, nor does anyone else at this point. It truly is a very sad situation. Lets just hope the results of the autopsy clear the air.

another quote from Rachael Pope from the interview with

Cheryl Conner ‏@CherylfromABC2 4h

On her father Wayne Pope, I asked if she stood by him: "Um yes. Well yea. I just really don't want to answer that question now."

pretty telling all was not amicable in the Pope house plus she stated her mother would call her before she went to the house but not this time. Imo, just that statement is telling that RP wanted someone to know she was going to the house because of previous bad encounters or at least didn't feel secure without anybody knowing she was there.

Another question I have for you folks following this case: On whose word do we know that Robin was planning on going to the house? Could she have been lured there?

Another question I have for you folks following this case: On whose word do we know that Robin was planning on going to the house? Could she have been lured there?

IMHO, she wasn't planning on going there. Who has a cell phone conversation for 13 minutes prior to arriving in person? It sounds to me like they were having a discussion or perhaps argument about something in the house - financial papers, the dog, something. I think that is what prompted the visit.

Early on in the case, someone had responded on a newspaper or tv news website a quick post saying something like, "What about R's boyfriend?" I have seen nothing else about this and cannot now find where I saw this, but her having a love interest might add another dimension to the case. Also, friends and family were asked in lieu of flowers to send money to a fund for R's 2 daughters, one an adult and the other practically an adult, with a still-living father. Does the younger daughter still live in the family home? Did W leave her there to deal with her mother being missing/deceased (with the help of her sister and friends)? Also, I didn't know if it was already known here that RP was cremated.

If I remember correctly, the younger daughter is 19 and I believe she is in college, living on campus... not sure where tho. Like you, I read that somewhere and can't remember where... it might have been on the Facebook page; or maybe even RP's Facebook page.

IMHO, she wasn't planning on going there. Who has a cell phone conversation for 13 minutes prior to arriving in person? It sounds to me like they were having a discussion or perhaps argument about something in the house - financial papers, the dog, something. I think that is what prompted the visit.

I totally agree with your assessment..

Early on in the case, someone had responded on a newspaper or tv news website a quick post saying something like, "What about R's boyfriend?" I have seen nothing else about this and cannot now find where I saw this, but her having a love interest might add another dimension to the case. Also, friends and family were asked in lieu of flowers to send money to a fund for R's 2 daughters, one an adult and the other practically an adult, with a still-living father. Does the younger daughter still live in the family home? Did W leave her there to deal with her mother being missing/deceased (with the help of her sister and friends)? Also, I didn't know if it was already known here that RP was cremated.

:Welcome1:

I feel like there are more questions than answers. I'm sure we'll be hearing more when they determine her cause of death.

I respectfully disagree. What you really said was, "Actually the comment doesn't tell you anything at all."

There's a big difference between "the comment actually doesn't mean that much" and "the comment actually doesn't tell you anything at all."

Rachel's comment tells us that she thinks for whatever reason that someone is responsible for her mother's death. To speculate as to why she thinks that, is where I disagree with you. You can't be certain that she thinks that because she can't imagine her mother may have simply drowned anymore than she may actually think someone murdered her mom.

It's fine to have an opinion on the issue, but saying that Rachel's comment doesn't tell you anything at all is a stretch based on your opinion only considering you don't know what exactly is the reason behind Rachel's statement.

How does Rachel's opinion tell anyone that it wasn't an accident? That just tells you - Rachel's opinion. It doesn't tell you anything at all about what actually happened. Just a guess but that is how I interpreted big_pimpin's statement.

If "investigators are still searching for cause and manner of death" as quoted in an above link...does this mean she did not drown and they have been thus far unable to determine cause of death? They mention awaiting tox results...which may reveal cause, but not sure they will be able to prove manner. Just like in the case of Jennifer R. seemingly, as well as Elisa Lam. Makes me wonder if a result people can agree on will ever happen.

Just to clarify that other woman and dog were both stabbed to death and its about a 40 minute drive apart. Davidsonville and Stevensville I wouldn't count as being in the same area

I agree. Maybe 25 miles in a more rural area would be close, but they are separated by Annapolis and the Bay Bridge. Seems like Robin's home is off the beaten path - and the manner of death is different. Whoever murdered Nicole did nothing to hide her or what they did to her, but we still don't know what happened to Robin. It could be an accident, or it could be murder. But if murder, whoever did it tried to cover their tracks.

Hope this makes sense... I just think there are more differences between these cases than 25 miles/40 minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon
Back