Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikki Burdine @NikkiBurdine · 22m

Police:"If you find Jacob & Sarah & can render aid please do so. However if you find what we believe you will, back away,call 911" @wusa9

will be pursuing parental abduction charges against Catherine Hoggle @wusa9 #BringThemHome

We have to be prepared for a homicide case. @mcpnews @wusa9 #BringThemHome

When Catherine Hoggle was being questioned - her husband Troy turner asked her no less than 25 times "where are the kids" @wusa9

questioned Catherine Hoggle for 15 hours. Searched 13,000 acres. Catherine seemed lucid, aware of what was going on @wusa9

throughout interview - Catherine Hoggle did not show emotions. @wusa9

The childrens father showed up at presser. Said he's not surprised this will move to homicide investigation. Says he is still hopeful @wusa9

I have never posted before, just lurking for years. I think that she may have been "kept in line" by the threat of her children being taken away and her being put into a facility. I just get the feeling she is really afraid and thought her children would be in danger without her so she felt the need to "hide" them. I hope
she did trust someone with her children and they are safe.

I would think by now if those kids were in the general vicinity, with 6 days passing by and a lot of heat everyday, that peoples' noses would lead them right to the bodies. That is a densely populated area and a whole lot of people are out looking for those kids. What have they found ? Nothing.

I'm getting the impression this woman may be a lot more lucid and coherent than people are giving her credit for. It continues to be stated that Mommy dearest is off of her meds and not thinking clearly. Well.........okay..........but how do we know that ? Peoples opinions? Her son disappeared last Sunday. her daughter disappeared on Monday morning, and she had a doctors appointment noon on Monday. She was able to gain access and spend the night undetected in an office building. She was able to avoid being found by the cops in a 5 day dragnet. She had her own missing poster in her possession.
She knew that cutting her hair might be a step in protecting her identity.

Let's just pretend for a minute that this woman DIDN'T have a history of mental problems. If that were the case, everybody would be viewing her actions as a deliberate attempt to get away with something bad. To me, that is EXACTLY what it appears like. However, you insert the words "mental illness" in there, and all of a sudden everybody tries to start justifying things and making excuses.

Granted, she most likely was not taking her meds for the last week while being pursued, but how long was it before that when she decided to stop ? How do we know she stopped at all ? It appears to me she knows exactly what she is doing, and she had it all planned out in advance.
I'm not sure if i'm understanding the illness correctly but i think schizophrenics are capable of the thought process to "hide their children" change their appearance to avoid detection" etc.. I think they can plan things out... they just have trouble with the sense of reality in such that they think people are after them they arent sure what actually is happening and what is happening in their head but i'm not sure it affects their ability to plan and execute an action?.. does anyone with more information about the illness know about this and can shed some light?

I think it might be she is just trying to ease the door shut so it doesnt lock , and not so much the noise She could be double checking it to make sure it didnt latch .
I felt the same thing when i was watching it... I didnt feel she was trying to be quiet with the doors.. it seemed she was trying to see which ones locked and which ones didn't and thats why she eventually put her purse between the doors

So....she changed her appearance, was carrying the missing poster, tried to run from police, says the hiding of kids was planned, denies being off her meds....yet, she's sooooo delusional. I'm not buying it! Its one thing for adults to agree to monitor & deal with a person who is severely mentally ill. Expecting that ill person to be responsible for the care and safety of children is beyond dangerous! When do the lives of children matter more than the "rights" of the severely mentally ill?
Force feed her whatever meds it takes to make her talk and find these precious, innocent babies!

I'm not sure if i'm understanding the illness correctly but i think schizophrenics are capable of the thought process to "hide their children" change their appearance to avoid detection" etc.. I think they can plan things out... they just have trouble with the sense of reality in such that they think people are after them they arent sure what actually is happening and what is happening in their head but i'm not sure it affects their ability to plan and execute an action?.. does anyone with more information about the illness know about this and can shed some light?

Here is an interesting article that came out today that says it is at least 80% genetic and now they have proof. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/27358.aspx

IMO of all of the mental illnesses out there, schizophrenia is the worst, most debilitating, most frightening and so very sad. Mental illness is scary and people tend to get angry at the person and not the illness. JMO. We are all merely vessels and we work with what we were given genetically and environmentally.

Psychosis is a very real part of schizophrenia and it certainly could, and has in the past, resulted in murder, confusion, delusions, paranoia, etc.

From the beginning we were told this woman had a real diagnosis, was actively being treated, and this was certainly not something she made up as an excuse after the fact.

So....she changed her appearance, was carrying the missing poster, tried to run from police, says the hiding of kids was planned, denies being off her meds....yet, she's sooooo delusional. I'm not buying it! Its one thing for adults to agree to monitor & deal with a person who is severely mentally ill. Expecting that ill person to be responsible for the care and safety of children is beyond dangerous! When do the lives of children matter more than the "rights" of the severely mentally ill?
Force feed her whatever meds it takes to make her talk and find these precious, innocent babies!

I somewhat agree, she should not have been alone with the children. But then again..I dunno. It is a slippery slope when you begin to think about who should and should not care for children. If she did not have children would she have harmed someone else?

Some people think the blind, deaf, depressed, obese, wheelchair bound, low IQ, etc people should not be allowed to have children. How could a blind person put out a fire? How could a deaf person hear a car coming from behind? What if an obese person can't chase after a running toddler? What if a depressed person snaps and harms someone?

It kind of reminds me of Nazi eugenics.

All of those things sound deliberate to you, but are also pretty textbook for someone who is paranoid. Sure she's running, but I doubt she believes she is running and hiding from what the rest of the world thinks she is running and hiding from. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know how cell phone pings work? Could they have pinged her phone to narrow down where she could have been Sunday and Monday? Perhaps that's why they seem focused on Darnestown/Clarksburg?

I'd like to think that she 'hid' them somewhere safe, however one thing keeps bothering me.... that she took them away one at a time. That just gives me chills.

If i were fearful for my kids safety, i'd take them both with me and not look back. jmo

Do we know where the grandparents house is? Where Jacob went missing from...

She may not be able to talk even with meds.

To be honest I feel quite offended by your post. I have what can be considered a "severe mental illness". I'm a single parent to three girls. I have had psychotic episodes. I have never hurt or endangered my children. My oldest has just passed her GCSE's (Exams taken at 16 in the UK) with excellent results, and is at college doing A levels so that she can go to university to study law. My next child has taken some GCSE's a year early and wants to go to college when she leaves school next year.

The disappearance of these children is tragic and is the most paramount part of this case. They need to be found as soon as possible. But if she was faking a mental health trained professional will be able to tell almost immediately. If she is paranoid it's perfectly natural that she might cut her hair to disguise herself, and the missing posters will probably not make much sense to her, but could reinforce her paranoia that people are after her. She probably recognised her children on the poster which is why she took it and kept it.

There is such much misunderstanding of psychiatric illness, and it annoys me greatly that people with genuine mental illnesses are declared to be faking. Her family would be able to tell if she's delusional or not by spending 10 minutes with her.

This is creepy. To me at least. To have the community looking to see for disturbed grounds or sheds being broken into?! Im SO afraid I'll find something on our daily park walks.

I have a concern too that she took the children out one at a time. And at least from the videos, she hasn't been with the children while she was missing.

Makes me nervous they are now calling this a homicide investigation. Why? Because of the length of time the children have been missing or something else???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx