GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, a landowner removing memorials is very selfish and uncaring. If it were my land I would be taking care the flowers, balloons, etc!

IMO, a landowner removing memorials is very selfish and uncaring. If it were my land I would be taking care the flowers, balloons, etc!

But, that is some of us and I think we should be more gentle with the land owner. Some of us would, they won't, but it doesn't mean they are horrible people. It's what it is and it should be respected.

Why make it so "either or">>>

"not ready to condemn her yet":....??? no one is "condemning" her

it is pretty obvious that many women put the needs of themselves, the desire for a man, any man, ahead of their kids

it is pretty obvious that many women allow their kids into unsavory dangerous situations....they don't plan to hurt them, they love them...but they just don't think

what is the harm of trying to think of ways that more of these misguided women could CHANGE their ways...and prevent future tragedies?? why not try to LEARN something from these sad stories instead of just typing "RIP sweet little one" on here??

Laws are written in response to problems....I feel that we need some laws with teeth to Prevent these horror stories..

such as....any govt aid...food stamps, WIC, whatever should come with a "class" to teach these women things...and a law that IF a felon/RSO is found in the home they lose the help..and maybe the kids, depending on the situation

Of course ultimately we need better laws on sexual offenders...we need these monsters off the street

I am all for Jessica's law ...on "steroids" as I call it...I would love a thread/forum here to discuss things to do, things to make a change

enough with the balloons, candles...let's give the teddy bears to living kids along with a list of RSO's in the neighborhood

let's have a law that IF a mother/guardian knowingly puts their kid in danger they get charged with child endangerment

maybe some of these dilusional women need a wakeup call..like I said before "he is JUST not that into YOU...he might be into your kids"

BBM: Right there with you.

Great post.

But, that is some of us and I think we should be more gentle with the land owner. Some of us would, they won't, but it doesn't mean they are horrible people. It's what it is and it should be respected.

It doesn't seem right, but the land owners are generally left to deal with the aftermath - clean up, constant stream of people coming to see the site in the early days, and, unfortunately even destruction of the landowners property - gates left open - stuff stolen - yes - it happens. I have 15 memorial stones set aside to place at such sites and I cannnot obtain permission to put them in but do not hold any malice or contempt for the property owners.

Hope to get this done by Saturday.

Attachments

• memorial5.jpg
    memorial5.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 8
Honestly, I get privacy, self land owner where a body is found, and not wanting yourself, in any way, shape or form, associated with her body. I truly do. On the other hand, let it be. In the long run it won't "cost" you save for eventual cleanup.

Now I'm being biased, I admit. I'd give two hoots. Literally...

I personally would not be opposed but I can easily see DH getting worked up into a tizzy about a mourner twisting an ankle on our property and suing us as the property owner. He may have personal experience that contributes to his decision. Maybe he is just old and cranky.

I personally would not be opposed but I can easily see DH getting worked up into a tizzy about a mourner twisting an ankle on our property and suing us as the property owner. He may have personal experience that contributes to his decision. Maybe he is just old and cranky.

As I stated after that post you quoted, we should be gentle and not judge. I don't think it's about being cranky :)) ) but more about privacy. I cannot argue against that.

Was there a fire at this property that Sarah was burned in? Guess I'm wondering why she was placed on this private property - anybody know?

I can understand privacy, especially when a burned body has been found on it.

I am asking again, humbly. Why did the aunt have guardianship of 7 children?

No single adult human being can adequately take care of that many children by herself/himself to begin with.

I have difficulty taking care of and protecting 1 child, much less, multiple.

For child support money? She was getting money for them and going to court to have child support enforced. Just a guess.

I thought she had 7 bio kids of her own...and 3 children from her sister (including little Sarah)...so that makes 10

now ...lots of men like kids...lots of men are good men who would be good to kids if they are interested in a woman, accept her kids as theirs etc...not all stepdads and boyfriends are bad ...but let's get real...why would any guy be interested in a woman with 10 little kids...??? I think it is a red flag right there....

The bold is very logical thinking!!!

For child support money? She was getting money for them and going to court to have child support enforced. Just a guess.

A year of court continuances and 'no-shows' on the part of mom - do you really think it was all about the money?

I don't think the men involved or mom ever paid a cent. Correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

This is what I have been reading all weekend. BBM and snipped from the article at this link:

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/912280303

The victim and the witness knew Leggs -- the former boyfriend of Foxwell's aunt, Amy Fothergill, according to court documents. Fothergill, told police she dated Leggs for a short period about a month or so ago until he stopped contacting her. Fothergill told police Leggs was a registered sex offender, according to charging documents, but it is unclear if she knew this information while she was dating him.

A year of court continuances and 'no-shows' on the part of mom - do you really think it was all about the money?

I don't think the men involved or mom ever paid a cent. Correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

You can review all the court documents; aunt along with social services were filing for non-support from the mother and the men. Previously the mother was filing for non-support from the fathers. Again, it's a time-consuming process to sort through.

Jennifer A. (mother) has had the married last name of Foxwell, Todd, Cannon, Haun, and Willey (not married to this man, had a child, and sometimes uses his last name).

Delaware Sexual Offender Listing - Thomas J Leggs Jr

06/11/2001 DE DE11077000a2FC RAPE FOURTH DEGREE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE VICTIM LESS THAN 18 YEARS OLD 16-17yr

http://sexoffender.dsp.delaware.gov/cgi-bin/sexoff.cgi/d?opt=00002430

Maryland Sexual Offender Listing - Thomas J Leggs Jr

Name: LEGGS, THOMAS J. JR.
Primary Residence : INCARCERATED
Address Change Date: 12/28/2009
Temporary Residence : NA
Employment Address : NA
School Address : NA
Charge: SEX OFFENSE 3RD DEGREE (3-307)
Category: Child Sexual Offenders
Information Contact: SORU
Date of Birth: 08/07/1979
Current Registration Date: 12/03/2009

http://www.nsopw.gov/(X(1)S(mersap4...ndex=2&x=8CA9B65A-33AB-4E8F-8396-99A7AD20178F

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...rged-with-breaking-into-another-victim-s-home

A 30-year-old Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a missing girl found dead was also charged with breaking into a female victim's house in December.Thomas James Leggs Jr. allegedly entered her home while the victim was sleeping, according to court records.

She told police Leggs was standing near her bed with his shirt off and his pants down to his knees when she woke up, according to charging documents.
Leggs was charged with fourth-degree burglary and malicious destruction of property in Worcester County District Court in September.

He was released from the Worcester County Detention Center on a $10,000 bond in October, according to court records. His trial is scheduled for January.

....Prosecutors expect to charge Leggs with Foxwell's murder within the next 30 to 45 days, according to Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark.

Well I guess I always think against the grain LOL>> but....after seeing so many of these sad piles of teddys and candles and balloons and flowers...I say enough is enough

unless we are willing to change the laws, and "do" something more than put out teddy bears, people should buy these bears wholesale, in bulk...cause the fact is that MORE of these tragedies are happening every day....

yes...I think people are hurt, confused, and want to show their "respect"...often to these poor little kids who were so abandoned, thrown away, neglected in life.....BUT>>> there are so many others out there

why not take the teddys to shelters?? why not use the money for flowers to give to a shelter for women and children? Instead of buying candles, why not look up RSO's in the area and make print outs to give to parents,/moms??

how about collecting used cell phones....these are used by women's shelters so that abused women can call 911 if they don't have a phone

how about getting out there with a petition for the Klaaskid's Trucker's Network? Or other petitions for the individual state to change the laws?

that might prevent future tragedies...maybe we won't need so many kid sized coffins, balloons and teddies??

(as for the people in Sarahs case...I read where they did ask the cops to NOT let people trespass, put stuff there.. ..maybe they are old, don't want the liability, don't want the publicity, and the costs of clean up JMO...yeah it could have been handled better...but why have a memorial "dump" at the stadium?? why not use the money and effort towards something meaningful? )

You can review all the court documents; aunt along with social services were filing for non-support from the mother and the men. Previously the mother was filing for non-support from the fathers. Again, it's a time-consuming process to sort through.

Jennifer A. (mother) has had the married last name of Foxwell, Todd, Cannon, Haun, and Willey (not married to this man, had a child, and sometimes uses his last name).

I don't even know what to say - it's just tragic all the way around. Jennifer was a nurse. Did she have her license revoked or suspended due to drugs?

I don't even know what to say - it's just tragic all the way around. Jennifer was a nurse. Did she have her license revoked or suspended due to drugs?

She was convicted for misrepresenting herself as a nurse; can't tell if Jennifer ever held a nursing license.

I haven't seen drugs as of yet. For one of her children, she and the father had drug/alcohol and psychological evaluations to retain custody. This was in 1996 and she was able to keep primary custody. The child was attending elementary school at the time so is probably an adult now.

Another child involved in a divorce was 17, married, and about to have baby.

Respected? They were said to be throwing away flower arrangements and releasing the ballons. It would have taken less effort for them to request the items be relocated

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back