GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
exactly eyes for crime:

1999- 20 charges filed- sexual offenses and harrasment, victim no longer willing to testify

I have no idea what that means. So charges were filed and the victim dropped the charges? If so, wouldnt that mean he was innocent or maybe the victim was lying? I'm paying devils advocate.

Yeah there are those of you that find this stuff all the time on the internet, but to dummies like me I wouldnt know where to begin or start. Or what those charges even mean.

I think we ALL feel the same disgust and hate for Legg...and question a system that could even let this monster on the loose

however....no one is "holding" the aunt...we are just posting our thoughts...and how this might be prevented in other cases...how it could have been easily prevented here

I don't mind those who wish to "support" the aunt's choices...but I feel free to post my own thoughts about them....no reason to try to stiffle discussion IMHO, "wait" if you choose, or post one's thoughts and ideas...that is what a forum is for

I've made it very clear (or, I hoped I did) that opinions are *good*! You should always feel free to share what you think. Always. I know what a forum is for. Been around (sneeze from the dust!) here for awhile. I just don't believe it should ever be made that a poster is judged for the difference they have or for the reason they have it. :)

imho

I think that the bio mother and bio father should be forced to be in the same room with Leggs and confronted about Sarah's death. It should be televised, no matter how long it takes to get them to talk.

Hi impatient, haven't seen you for awhile.

Let's be honest impatient - you are one of the first sleuthers to dig up the court records and present the info to us in other cases. You and a few others are great at it. I'm always amazed at how quick you put the info in front of our faces. That leads me to believe you know how to research the complicated and archaic legal records.

So let's see - did you look up records in MD or Delaware? And is the 3rd and 4th degree in both states or just one - and what does that mean exactly. Would you be so kind as to interpret his records for us - I looked them up and am not at all sure what they are saying. TIA

The ones I listed were only for MD.
I will be happy to make a list and short synopsis of all the charges filed and what they ended up at.

The short version is the 1999 charging of 20 counts the victim was no longer willing to testify (one of the charges is harassment), he took a no contest on a handful of them resulting in the sex offenders status. He then gets the failure to register, hen he was arrested again for sexual assault and assault, was not around when trial rolled around, fugitive from justice, does time, released, charged with harassment and destruction of property, not guilty, charged again in 09-2009 court dates pending.... but I will post a detailed list by date and charges later today.

I"ve been thinking about this 'mad' dog analogy...

I'm walking down the street and this hungry dog approaches me, nuzzles me, and gives me so much attention that I can't seem to get away - I decide to bring this dog into my home, give it a meal and a bed to lay on. My children are loving the play between them. I look up the ownership records to see if this pet is really what it seems to be, and guess what. It's labeled as a mad dog - not fit to be around humans. I get rid of that dog but it keeps coming to my door for food. Yikes, how the hell do I get rid of this thing? Dang, it won't forget where I live.

When all of a sudden it goes MAD - attacks my child and mauls him to death.

If dogs could groom the victim like sex offenders can, I would be in quite a mess. mho

The ones I listed were only for MD.
I will be happy to make a list and short synopsis of all the charges filed and what they ended up at.

The short version is the 1999 charging of 20 counts the victim was no longer willing to testify (one of the charges is harassment), he took a no contest on a handful of them resulting in the sex offenders status. He then gets the failure to register, hen he was arrested again for sexual assault and assault, was not around when trial rolled around, fugitive from justice, does time, released, charged with harassment and destruction of property, not guilty, charged again in 09-2009 court dates pending.... but I will post a detailed list by date and charges later today.

20 counts?? and nobody to testify? Was this his wife at the time or another victim? Thank you so much for looking up the charges and interpreting them..I appreciate it. TIA

The court records indicate that the aunt had attempted to get both the mom and the 4 dads to pay child support. I believe she presently had custody of all seven kids by four dads.

The mom (Jennifer) and two of the dads have lots of criminal records, but for minor stuff. Oh, except for the child endangerment - that may have triggered the loss of custody. I am guessing that they are addicts of some kind. Mom used to be a nurse, but lately has been working as a waitress.

As I posted yesterday, two other women have also sued the mom and the dads for child support. I think the 7 kids have been passed around to various family members.

One daughter was described in a court order as "17 years old, married and pregnant".

It looks like the extended family has been trying to keep them all together and to get support from the dads and Jennifer.

Who had the child endangerment charge? Mom or Dad? I also wonder if that is why Mom lost custody. Does anyone else the know the story behind her sister's death? TIA

Here's a link posted earlier which speaks to Jennifer (birth mother) having 10 children. Jennifer was charged in 1996 with misrepresenting herself as a nurse.

http://www.graduates.com/vg.aspx?i=2699359

There are so many cases involving Jennifer with various last names; would take a good week to sort through. Here is a recent civil case involving support filed by a woman in Jax, Fl regarding Sarah and her sister.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=18C04000234&loc=66&detailLoc=CC

Here's a link posted earlier which speaks to Jennifer (birth mother) having 10 children.

There are so many cases involving Jennifer with various last names; would take a good week to sort through. Here is a recent civil case involving support filed by a woman in Jax, Fl regarding Sarah and her sister.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=18C04000234&loc=66&detailLoc=CC

Jennifer posted that she had seven children and three stepchildren. Looks like the three steps are other spawn of Mr. Foxwell since she was using his name at that time. So he had at least 5 children, including Sarah. I wonder if he paid support for any of them.

Here's a link posted earlier which speaks to Jennifer (birth mother) having 10 children.

What a mess she is, and it seems her family and JUDGES are the enablers for her irresponsible life style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, we have Jennifer's family who want to keep the children together and when they can no longer afford to care for the children, another family member takes over the care? Do I have it right? Guess I'm wondering why this aunt has custody of her neices. TIA

What a mess she is, and it seems her family and JUDGES are the enablers for her irresponsible life style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, we have Jennifer's family who want to keep the children together and when they can no longer afford to care for the children, another family member takes over the care? Do I have it right? Guess I'm wondering why this aunt has custody of her neices. TIA

Yes, you are right. From first glance, Jennifer is mentally unstable - number of charges involving domestic abuse against husbands and other adults. Was working at Ruby Tuesday's with an address and then finally tracked her down to living in a Super 8. Instead of putting the children in foster care, the family stepped in to take the children. Sarah and her sister were in FL with a sister and then, at some point, returned to MD. They have tried to get support from all the fathers; can't find them or some fathers appear to quit their jobs when garnishment is issued, etc.

Aunt Amy was caring for 4 children and then 6 when Sarah and her sister returned from FL. Looks like they returned in 2008.

Yes, you are right. From first glance, Jennifer is mentally unstable. Was working at Ruby Tuesday's with an address and then finally tracked her down to living in a Super 8. Instead of putting the children in foster care, the family stepped in to take the children. Sarah and her sister were in FL with a sister and then, at some point, returned to MD. They have tried to get support from all the fathers; can't find them or some fathers appear to quit their jobs when garnishment is issued, etc.

How sad for these beautiful children - abandoned by biological mom, had several caretakers, and now the tragic loss of Sarah to deal with. seems the aunt is all the children have right now and I wish her the strength to deal with this trauma.

ETA: Hopefully impatient rfeturns with her synopsis of the criminal records - BBL

Sarah's obit says she was preceded in death by a sister. Anyone know the details of that?

Sort of off topic, but just reading stories from this website points out what our society is doing to our children. I guarantee you can't read more than a few without getting sick to your stomach. http://badbreeders.net/. YES, Child predators are the absolute scum of the earth and should all die horribly painful deaths IMO. But parents have to take some responsibility for at least not putting your children in harmful situations KNOWINGLY!

My SIL's brother was a RSO and lived next to us. I had a teenage daughter. He was convicted of having sex with his wife's cousin who was 13 although she told him she was 16. I think he was 20 or 21 at the time. BUT, I DID NOT allow him near my daughter. At least he is someone with very low morals, at worst a sick child molester. I was taking no chances! SO WHAT if he told her he had consensual sex with a teenager......we all know it is still against the law!

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Monday that additional charges will be forthcoming against the suspect charged in the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl whose body was found by police on Christmas day.
During a 4 p.m. press conference, the sheriff announced that more charges are expected to be filed against 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. within the next 30 days. At present, Leggs, of Bennett Road in Salisbury, is charged with first-degree burglarly as well as the kidnapping of Sarah Haley Foxwell.
Lewis said there are no other suspects in the case, which has now turned into a murder investigation.
"We are confident we have our suspect in custody," Lewis said.

(snip)

In addition, Lewis asked the public to refrain from placing flowers or other items on the Melson Road property where Sarah's body was found. He said that like the rest of the community, the owners of the property are "devastated" about what happened. (I read on the local blog that the property owner was throwing all the stuff away, including the flowers that the Sheriff had left there)

He also noted that the property owners are also upset that the child's body was found on their land and are asking for privacy at this time.

In light of this, Lewis said the owners of the Arthur W. Perdue Stadium on Route 50 and Hobbs Road in Salisbury have agreed to set up a temporary memorial to Sarah. Beginning Tuesday at 8 a.m., members of the public will be permitted to bring flowers or other items to remember Sarah at the stadium entrance.
http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11738555

edited to add the local blog post re: the flowers/bears

I have just received word from one of the neighbors on Melson Road that Mr. & Mrs. Wells, (owner of the property Sarah Foxwell's body was found on) are destroying ALL of the flowers, balloons, teddy bears/stuffed animals, notes, etc. He has been seen releasing balloons and taking away all the flower arrangements and we're told he has a cardboard sign telling people not to leave anything there.

Sheriff Lewis and his Family went there and left a beautiful arrangement and that too has been removed and destroyed. (snipped - more a link)
http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/12/breaking-news.html

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Monday that additional charges will be forthcoming against the suspect charged in the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl whose body was found by police on Christmas day.
During a 4 p.m. press conference, the sheriff announced that more charges are expected to be filed against 30-year-old Thomas J. Leggs Jr. within the next 30 days. At present, Leggs, of Bennett Road in Salisbury, is charged with first-degree burglarly as well as the kidnapping of Sarah Haley Foxwell.
Lewis said there are no other suspects in the case, which has now turned into a murder investigation.
"We are confident we have our suspect in custody," Lewis said.

(snip)

In addition, Lewis asked the public to refrain from placing flowers or other items on the Melson Road property where Sarah's body was found. He said that like the rest of the community, the owners of the property are "devastated" about what happened. (I read on the local blog that the property owner was throwing all the stuff away, including the flowers that the Sheriff had left there)

He also noted that the property owners are also upset that the child's body was found on their land and are asking for privacy at this time.

In light of this, Lewis said the owners of the Arthur W. Perdue Stadium on Route 50 and Hobbs Road in Salisbury have agreed to set up a temporary memorial to Sarah. Beginning Tuesday at 8 a.m., members of the public will be permitted to bring flowers or other items to remember Sarah at the stadium entrance.
http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11738555

edited to add the local blog post re: the flowers/bears

I have just received word from one of the neighbors on Melson Road that Mr. & Mrs. Wells, (owner of the property Sarah Foxwell's body was found on) are destroying ALL of the flowers, balloons, teddy bears/stuffed animals, notes, etc. He has been seen releasing balloons and taking away all the flower arrangements and we're told he has a cardboard sign telling people not to leave anything there.

Sheriff Lewis and his Family went there and left a beautiful arrangement and that too has been removed and destroyed. (snipped - more a link)
http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/12/breaking-news.html

Well, apparently the owner wants absolutely no affiliation/association to this murder. Sad, when you think about it. It was never about his land that Sarah was found in and I have no doubt that noone knew who owned it. It is about grieving respect. It's unfortunate the owner can't understand that even for a brief time. So sad... :(

Well, apparently the owner wants absolutely no affiliation/association to this murder. Sad, when you think about it. It was never about his land that Sarah was found in and I have no doubt that noone knew who owned it. It is about grieving respect. It's unfortunate the owner can't understand that even for a brief time. So sad... :(

No one even lives on that property either. It's not like it would have disrupted their daily lives. It's very sad and very disrespectful. Especially doing it the day after she is discovered.

No one even lives on that property either. It's not like it would have disrupted their daily lives. It's very sad and very disrespectful. Especially doing it the day after she is discovered.

Honestly, I get privacy, self land owner where a body is found, and not wanting yourself, in any way, shape or form, associated with her body. I truly do. On the other hand, let it be. In the long run it won't "cost" you save for eventual cleanup.

Now I'm being biased, I admit. I'd give two hoots. Literally...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back