GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
Regarding the bold - I had the same thought. A violent, harassing, stalker.

Wasn't his first offense in 1998 at the age of 18? I remember questioning if his juve records were sealed.

Thanks again impatient!

I fixed my ages in my post.
Can't read my own handwriting and had his birthdate in 1975 by accident.

The Delaware conviction is a fourth degree in 2001 which would make him 21. The MD conviction appears to be a third degree conviction but is not showing a date that I can find easily. The big indictment is in 2000 and they already have him on failing to register so the dates are not lining up neatly. The multiple states complicates things further, especially when one does not have online access to arrest and convictions.

So to answer your question a conviction in 1998 would make sense since they already had him on failure to register in 2000.

In 2004 a warrant is issued for his arrest again for sex offenses.
In 2005 they file a fugitive from justice when he doesn't show for trial.

Charge No.

Charge Description
SEX OFFENSE THIRD DEGREE

Statute
CR.3.307

Statute Description
SEX OFFENSE THIRD DEGREE

Amended Date
CJIS Code
3 3600

MO/PLL
Probable Cause
X

Incident Date From
06/05/2004

Incident Date To
06/05/2004

Victim Age

Charge No.

Charge Description
SEX OFFENSE FOURTH DEGREE

Statute
CR.3.308

Statute Description
SEX OFFENSE FOURTH DEGREE

Amended Date
CJIS Code
4 3600

MO/PLL
Probable Cause
X

Incident Date From
06/05/2004

Incident Date To
06/05/2004

Victim Age

Charge No.

Charge Description
ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE

Statute
CR.3.203

Statute Description
ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE

Amended Date
CJIS Code
1 1415

MO/PLL
Probable Cause
X

Incident Date From
06/05/2004

Incident Date To
06/05/2004

Victim Age

BBM and borrowed from impatientredhead....
first degree- by force and threat, and/or during a burglary
second degree- victim under 13, perp over 18, aggravated by vulnerability of victim
third degree- victim is 14-15 and perp is over 21, does not require force or threat
fourth degree- victim is 14-15 and perp is at least 4 years older or in a position of trust/authority

Victim under 13
Victim 14 - 15
ETA: Position of trust/authority (in 2004 his assault charge indicates he was in a position of authority - his daughter? )

How does a person with a criminal record such as Leggs, including several sexual assaults, continue to walk freely around town? Be back later - hope I don't have nightmares about this freak!

BBM and borrowed from impatientredhead....
second degree- victim under 13, perp over 18, aggravated by vulnerability of victim
third degree- victim is 14-15 and perp is over 21, does not require force or threat
fourth degree- victim is 14-15 and perp is at least 4 years older or in a position of trust/authority

Victim under 13
Victim 14 - 15
ETA: Position of trust/authority (in 2004 his assault charge indicates he was in a position of authority - his daughter? )

How does a person with a criminal record such as Leggs, including several sexual assaults, continue to walk freely around town? Be back later - hope I don't have nightmares about this freak!

Keep in mind charged in different then convicted.
But when you are arrested repeatedly for the same thing.... well it paints a picture, but he was not convicted repeatedly. Witnesses not wanting to testify, the state taking pleas, him beating one or two of the charges outright, that is how he is still out on the street.

How he got bond on the recent charges as a repeat offender and with a previous fugitive from justice at trial time I am throughly baffled.

The twenty count indictment clearly shows a big change from what the investigation, witness on board, what the state said they could prove at trial evolved to be when the witness withdrew and the best plea they felt they could get was for the "generic" assault charges.

:twocents:

As a rural land owner, I would not want a memorial on my property like this one. Just the liability situation would be overwhelming. I'm sure my lawyer and insurance agent would be on the phone as soon as they found out. If the memorial was set up on private property, the owners have to think about the consequences of that.

I also think that the land owners could have handled the situation better. But I don't know how I'd react in their shoes. JMHO

Given the weather over the past few days, I would be annoyed if it was my land.

I live about an hour north of Salisbury. From about midnight on the 25th to midnight on the 26th, we had something like 3 inches of rain. This was on top of 8 inches of snow. The sogginess and the mud was incredible. I can well imagine that between the tracks from the crime scene investigators and the looky-loos, this property must be a total muddy morass. Add a pile of soggy flowers, soaking wet stuffed animals and a bunch of limp balloons.....YECH!!!

There are people, (including me) who find these "memorials" to be a grotesque waste. As someone else said, how about doing something productive? Or even lighting a candle at home, in a church or online? A pile of litter isn't necessary.

Keep in mind charged in different then convicted.
But when you are arrested repeatedly for the same thing.... well it paints a picture, but he was not convicted repeatedly. Witnesses not wanting to testify, the state taking pleas, him beating one or two of the charges outright, that is how he is still out on the street.

How he got bond on the recent charges as a repeat offender and with a previous fugitive from justice at trial time I am throughly baffled.

The twenty count indictment clearly shows a big change from what the investigation, witness on board, what the state said they could prove at trial evolved to be when the witness withdrew and the best plea they felt they could get was for the "generic" assault charges.

He knew how to beat/work the system, if not by harassing his victims into 'no shows' or convincing the judge of a low bond, but by committing crimes that are conducive to a plea down of charges. I'm sure he looks at it all as be 'lucky and clever' and We, the People, look at it as 'deadly and manipulative'. shame on our justice system for allowing this to happen! mho

impatient - when asking for some kind of overview of Leggs criminal history, I had no idea how extensive it would be. Thank you again for your time, organization, and skill in presenting this to us. I was exhausted reading it all, I can imagine you were exhausted trying to put it all together. :blowkiss: for you and ibminnesota!

Sheriff to seek death penalty in murder of Sarah Foxwell

SALISBURY - Wicomico County authorities said they intend to seek the death penalty in the case of an 11-year-old Maryland girl whose body was found on Christmas Day, two days after police say she was abducted by a registered sex offender.

"If there is ever a case that screams for the death penalty, it is this case," Sheriff Mike Lewis said Monday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-md.girl29dec29,0,86454.story

Yeah...it screams for the death penalty

but his other "cases" screamed for years/life in prison

and his last arrest "screamed" for NO bond

if the state/s had done their job little Sarah would have enjoyed her Christmas and would be looking forward to the New Year

we need new laws...and we need them enforced

I enjoy watching a good "perp" walk...I would also like to see a "goodbye" walk of negligent judges/prosecutors/ etc and negligent stupid social workers...I would like to watch them leave their job , fired, adios, no benefits, no more sucking up their useless salariy and pensions

let's hold some of these irresponsible people accountable too JMO

This is a really good article it goes more in depth of Leggs history:

*****************************************************************************************************

Kidnapping suspect denied bail; sheriff calls for death penalty
Thomas Leggs Jr. was last accused of burglary incident at Worcester home in September
By Sharahn D. Boykin • Staff Writer • December 29, 2009

SALISBURY -- A 30-year-old dual-state registered sex offender charged in the kidnapping of a Salisbury girl found dead Christmas Day was denied bail at a court hearing Monday.

Thomas James Leggs Jr., of the 30400 block of Bennett Road, was charged with burglary and two counts of kidnapping Dec. 24 after 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell was abducted from her home.
Foxwell, a sixth-grade Wicomico Middle School student, was reported missing by family members Dec. 23, according to police.
Leggs was represented by an attorney from the Public Defender's Office, Arch McFadden, and did not speak during Monday's court proceedings, according to prosecutors.

"If there's ever a case that screams for the death penalty, it's this case," said Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis during a news conference Monday. "We all believe this case screams for the death penalty."
Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark said he agreed with Lewis, but reminded the media that Leggs has not been charged with murder at this time.
Ruark expects Leggs to be charged with murder within the next 30 to 45 days because the investigation is continuing and the autopsy report has not yet been completed.

Investigators from the Wicomico Bureau of Investigation charged Leggs after a juvenile witness reported seeing Foxwell and the defendant together when the juvenile woke up during the night, according to charging documents. Foxwell and the witness knew Leggs because he dated the victim's aunt, Amy Fothergill, for a short time a month or so before the girl's disappearance.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...t-denied-bail-sheriff-calls-for-death-penalty

Autopsy on slain Md. girl finds multiple injuries

DOVER, Del. — An autopsy has found that a Maryland girl abducted from her home last week died of multiple injuries.

.According to the chief medical examiner's office in Maryland, the death of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is listed as a homicide. The office did not specify her injuries

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/autopsy-on-slain-md-261148.html

It you haven't viewed yesterday's news conference with LE officials, strongly suggest you give it a watch.

They answer many questions about Leggs background, pending criminal cases, and their own frustration to the reason he was still walking the streets.

http://www.wboc.com/global/Category.asp?c=174346&clipId=4419069&topVideoCatNo=109353&autoStart=true

That Sheriff Lewis is one tough bird, he seem furious - sure hope he's the one who interrogated Leggs and continues to interrogate him. mho

An exerpt from the link below...looks like MD is already on the move to fix their system. mho

...."What in the hell is he doing back out on the street, and what is he doing having contact with this child?" is the million-dollar question posed by Jerry Norton of Citizens for Jessica's Law in Maryland, a group that fights to toughen laws governing sex offenses. Specifically, was the Delaware sentence appropriate in light of his previous sex offense, and should his later run-ins with the law have triggered revocation of his probation?

Some Maryland lawmakers are already talking about the need for tougher laws. Such calls are premature until it's known what exactly happened. Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis Ruark, in charge of the Foxwell case, told us he is intent on getting to the bottom of the matter and has been in touch with Delaware officials.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/28/AR2009122802416.html

Hi Guys....sorry I dont know how to link to other forums.....but last night I read for hours the forum where alot of the locals are posting......I do know that it is Joes Blog......

One of his victims posted on there...she was 12 years old and on some form of a scout trail and he molested her in front of other 12 year olds.....another of the 12 year old witnesses posted on there as well (now an adult and went to court against him)

With regards to bail etc, it seems his family especially mother and sister have posted the bail and protect him with alibis etc........one of the locals said his own father was in jail when he was born for the same type of crime and his mother was 15 and pregnant at the time....

There is alot of anger towards sarahs family and her godmother...aunt carrie......has asked that no one go to the funeral and attack the family but keep it as a tribute to sarah....

The locals are also saying that the aunt was not at home that night!!!

There is also alot of anger directed at the property owners and the owner himself RW not sure if I can say his name has been on there defending himself.......

It seems he was associated with the and he may have let him go hunting on the property....

Okay- it looks like the statute numbers he was indicted and or convicted under have changed but the synopsis of Maryland sexual assualt laws break down along the general lines that

Note- On the 20 count indictment he took a plea on the non sexual assault counts. MD has mandatory sentencing for repeat sex offenders so that was crucial to him being out. Wonder what he did to make the victim not want to testify any longer. The repeated burglary, destruction of propery and harrassment make him seem like a stalker.

ETA- The charges from 2000 would have made him 21 with a 14-15 year old btw.... and 25 or 26 for the round where he was a fugitive at trial time.

Very astute analysis, ImpatientRedHead! This is what I know about the 9/2009 charges:

He tried to befriend a girl at a party or bar (can't remember which). He told her that he needed a play to stay because he could no longer stay with his roomates (big lie, he lived at home) and asked her if he could spend the night at her apartment. She told him no and left to go home. Later that night, she awoke to him at the foot of her bed, wearing only his underwear. She screamend, made a rucus, and he ran off. She then called the police and reported it....Yes, he was stalker in this incident!

You are one smart cookie!

Regards,
GGG

Hi Guys....sorry I dont know how to link to other forums.....but last night I read for hours the forum where alot of the locals are posting......I do know that it is Joes Blog......

One of his victims posted on there...she was 12 years old and on some form of a scout trail and he molested her in front of other 12 year olds.....another of the 12 year old witnesses posted on there as well (now an adult and went to court against him)

With regards to bail etc, it seems his family especially mother and sister have posted the bail and protect him with alibis etc........one of the locals said his own father was in jail when he was born for the same type of crime and his mother was 15 and pregnant at the time....

There is alot of anger towards sarahs family and her godmother...aunt carrie......has asked that no one go to the funeral and attack the family but keep it as a tribute to sarah....

The locals are also saying that the aunt was not at home that night!!!

There is also alot of anger directed at the property owners and the owner himself RW not sure if I can say his name has been on there defending himself.......

It seems he was associated with the and he may have let him go hunting on the property....

To my limited knowledge, RW was not associated with Leggs.

Ok we need clarification. I thought the biological mom had seven kids. 2 of them lived with the aunt and then the aunt had one of her own. So 3 in the household. Bio mom has kids scattered everywhere.

I blame Bio mom too. WTH? why keep having kids if you cant take care of them??? And once again, I wont stop till dad step up too. Where is daddy??

RE: Daddy

As quoted by someone close to the family, Daddy Foxwell, was "lost" a long time ago. He has a substance abuse problem. He would get clean for awhile, (while attending church) and then mess up again. Apparently, he was in jail at the time of Sarah's disappearance. He has a record with the MD judicial system as well....

At some point in time, he attended the church where Sarah's memorial is being held, even played in the church band....

Hi....I am just going by this forum.......his brother in law came on there and said no he didnt hunt there.......someone else came on and said oh yes he did because their nephew hunted with him there.....and someone who knows RW well has said that they did allow him to hunt on the property.....

apparently there were tire marks in the snow so there is a bit of anger directed at RW for not noticing these even though he apparently has 27 acres....

Interestingly someone came on and said that 'Jennifer" has a myspace and facebook account and that their are phots of TLJ on their drinking with the family!!!!!!

Has anyone come across these???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back