GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lawyer: Man Denies Harming Kidnapped Girl posted 12/30/09 8:49 am

SALISBURY, Md. - An attorney for a 30-year-old Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a girl found dead on Christmas Day says his client denies allegations that he harmed the child.

Thomas Leggs Jr., a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, was charged with kidnapping and burglary one day after 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell's family reported her missing. She was found dead in a wooded area days later.

Arch McFadden, an attorney from the Office of the Public Defender, represented Leggs during a Wicomico County District Court bond hearing. He says Leggs "has denied and continues to deny any involvement in this crime."

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1209/691461.html

My gosh, he was only seen in the bedroom by the other sister and he was with Sarah - and now he has the arrogance and audacity to claim innocence? :furious: Sheriff Lewis will NOT let that happen. mho

My gosh, he was only seen in the bedroom with his pants down - and now he has the arrogance and audacity to claim innocence? :furious: Sheriff Lewis will NOT let that happen. mho

The incident with his pants down was when he broke into a woman's home back in September and which he is to appear in court for on Jan 21st.

I've been reading everyone's views on placing remembrances on the site where Sarah was found. For the community, it's a way to show they care and experience the tremendous horror that just took place. If you've ever been to the site of a recent child's murder, it's one of the most raw and painful experiences. Strangers coming together with their gifts, softly crying, saying prayers, holding hands, etc. Standing at the spot where the murderer and child were makes it so real and that leads to public outcry and change.

There is a time to discuss the family members and what may have gone wrong. But I hope we can sit in the horror for a just a while. From the reports coming in, this child was probably raped, tortured, and brutally murdered. We can never stop first time offenders, but have an opportunity to make the necessary changes to stop the repeat offenders.

Looking at this article it looks like Sarah's grandfather was home at the time of her abduction.

Wicomico County Sheriff: Sarah Foxwell's Aunt wasn't home at time of Sarah's abduction
Wednesday, 30 December 2009

We’re learning more about the events surrounding the disappearance of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell whose body was found on Christmas Day. The grandfather was home at the time she was abducted. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis also tells WGMD that the aunt was not home at that time. He adds that the entire family including the mother, the aunt and the grandfather were all extremely cooperative, and that there is no indication that they knew the abduction was about to happen.

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028769/w...wasn-t-home-at-time-of-sarah-s-abduction.html

I had heard that the grandfather was in the home when she went missing, but it had not been confirmed until now. Just goes to show ya there's alittle truth in some rumors....

Sarah's grandfathers has also been helping to raise some of the siblings, not sure which ones...it sounds to me like it was a joint effort between the two.

The incident with his pants down was when he broke into a woman's home back in September and which he is to appear in court for on Jan 21st.

I thought I read the sister described what he was wearing to a tee, and said his pants were down around his knees. I know your article was different, and the pants were off. I'll look for a link and if I'm wrong about that info. I will correct my post.bbl

ETA: edited my post about pants being down around waist - can't find article right now. Thanks for the clarification. Found article saying sister saw Leggs with Sarah in bedroom, can't find the other. Sorry for any confusion.

My bet is that this perp is looking to have a child on the stand testifying her eye witness report. Hope they find forensic evidence to connect the murder of Sarah to Leggs. moo

FOXWELL MEMORIAL FUND: Proceeds will go to siblings
Daily Times Staff Report • December 30, 2009

SALISBURY — Donations made to the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund will go to the 11-year-old's siblings, according to a spokesman for the family.

The siblings will be the only benefactors, said Rev. William "Bill" Warren, of Allen Memorial Baptist Church, who spoke on behalf of the family.
Police found Foxwell's body on Christmas day after her family reported her missing on Dec. 23

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...LL-MEMORIAL-FUND-Proceeds-will-go-to-siblings

Child predators silence their victims with threats. He was seen by Sarah's sister - how did he silence her? Did he threaten to kill Sarah and her sister, or threaten to set the house on fire, kill all the children, kill the aunt, or their animals? The threats by a child predator can silence a child for a life-time. I'm wondering what he said.

eyes4 have not commented until your post. yes he DID see that sister saw him, so he knew what the end result was going to be, even if not preplanned.
however Sarah/Haley did know him also, so what else could there be? I think your thoughts are completely spot on. The exact words? Hopefully will come from her sister at his DP trial.

Can't find any credible source with this rumored information...

if Leggs is getting it in jail? that's what gives up hope. :dance:
just don't let him die before his date with the court, then throw him back in
and let him get as good as he gives. Do I give a chit? May they be plentiful and mighty, his roomies that is.

Impose Maryland's death penalty on Sarah's killer
December 31, 2009

Well, the good lord and the U.S. Supreme Court are in sync. Now all we have to do is get Gov. Martin O'Malley to visit the mortuary where 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell is having her young body autopsied.

When he goes against the Supreme Court, that makes me wonder about his other decisions. Gov. O'Malley should go to the mortuary, and also to the funeral. Maybe then he would change his mind and think again about his decision on lethal injection.
Being a regular citizen of Maryland, I resent paying for a criminal of any type, especially lone who cannot be rehabilitated. Sooner or later, when proved guilty, he or she will die. Use my tax money toward the deficit --if, in fact, it exists.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...se-Maryland-s-death-penalty-on-Sarah-s-killer

Petitions call for 'Sarah's Law'
As residents rally cause online, lawmakers prepare for Assembly discussion on sex offender laws
By Laura D'Alessandro • Staff Writer • January 1, 2010

SALISBURY -- Lower Shore legislators are ready to discuss tightening sex offender laws in the upcoming session.

After a registered sex offender was charged with the kidnapping of an 11-year-old Salisbury girl, legislators said they've been flooded with correspondence from constituents.
The search for Sarah Haley Foxwell, whose body was found near Delmar on Christmas Day, garnered support from thousands of community members who continue to rally behind her memory through groups on the Internet networking Web site Facebook. Two online petitions have been created asking for a "Sarah's Law," a Maryland sex offender law like the 2006 Jessica's Law that the state adopted two years ago, imposing mandatory minimum sentencing without parole for certain sexual offenders.
Maryland's sex offender laws don't apply a blanket penalty; punishment varies depending on the child's age and the offense

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100101/NEWS01/1010301

1,000 expected to pay tribute to Sarah Foxwell
Salisbury girl's funeral is Saturday
By Earl Holland • Staff Writer • January 1, 2010

SALISBURY -- A turnout of close to 1,000 people could attend the weekend funeral of a little girl killed last week at age 11.

The service for Sarah Haley Foxwell will be held Saturday morning at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church in Salisbury.
The Rev. Bill Warren, Allen Memorial Baptist Church pastor and a spokesman for Foxwell's family, said the decision to hold the 11 a.m. funeral at the Beaglin Park Drive church was because of its size.
"We picked (Emmanuel Wesleyan) because it was the largest," he said. "I have no idea how many people will be there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were 1,000 people."
Foxwell, a student at Wicomico Middle School, was taken from her bedroom the night of Dec. 22 and reported missing by family members the next day. Her body was discovered Christmas Day in a heavily wooded area near Melson Road after two-and-a-half days of searching. More than 3,000 volunteers helped police conduct the search for Foxwell.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100101/NEWS01/1010307

'A Song for Sarah' in production
Daily Times Staff Report • January 1, 2010

A 42-year-old Seaford man and owner of an entertainment company is producing an R&B single called "A Song for Sarah" in memory of Sarah Foxwell.

Thomas Clemmons Sr. says he wants to use the song to help raise money for the Sarah Haley Foxwell Memorial Fund

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100101/NEWS01/1010306

Thank you so you much Mysticrose for pulling these recent articles!

Wow...they are expecting over 1,000 people at the memorial and the state legislature flooded with calls demanding change.

I've been reading everyone's views on placing remembrances on the site where Sarah was found. For the community, it's a way to show they care and experience the tremendous horror that just took place. If you've ever been to the site of a recent child's murder, it's one of the most raw and painful experiences. Strangers coming together with their gifts, softly crying, saying prayers, holding hands, etc. Standing at the spot where the murderer and child were makes it so real and that leads to public outcry and change.

There is a time to discuss the family members and what may have gone wrong. But I hope we can sit in the horror for a just a while. From the reports coming in, this child was probably raped, tortured, and brutally murdered. We can never stop first time offenders, but have an opportunity to make the necessary changes to stop the repeat offenders.

This entire post was incredibly powerful. Thank you ibm

1,600 People Attend Service For Murdered Child

As many as 1600 people poured into a Church in Eastern Massachusetts today to remember a child brutally murdered. Residents and law enforcement officials from the area joined friends and family to share their grief over the death of 11 year old Sarah Haley Foxwell

http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/80519162.html

1,600 attend memorial for slain Wicomico girl
By Arthur Hirsch
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, January 3, 2010

SALISBURY -- Friends, family and law enforcement officials came in from the cold Saturday morning to share their grief, disbelief and recollections of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell, whose body was found in a wooded patch of northern Wicomico County on Christmas Day.

As about 1,600 people filed into Emmanuel Wesleyan Church, two projection screens flanking the broad, carpeted stage showed pictures taken of the blond, blue-eyed Sarah "Haleybugs" from the time she was an infant: in a highchair, on the beach, drifting on a lime green inner tube, blowing a giant pink gum bubble.

Jordyn Knierem, 11, who went to school with Sarah at Wicomico Middle School, said she and her friend were "inseparable. We could spend 24 hours together and not get bored. I see this as impossible. It proves you're not promised tomorrow."

Sarah's mother, Jennifer Foxwell, cried as she read a poem that compared the child to a budding flower taken away at the threshold of opening. "I'll miss you, baby, and I love you, Haleybugs," her mother said.

Sarah was buried in a private family ceremony in Salisbury earlier in the week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/02/AR2010010201650.html

Something is not right! The 6 year old sees him take her but says nothing, until the next morning when asked. This girl was 11 years old, did not scream and took the time to get her tooth brush. No signs of a break in.

IMO, he has harmed both these girls before and they knew to keep quiet and do what he said.

Or, she was in sleep mode, he wasnt' a stranger, so there was no reason for alarm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons
Back