GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We really, really need laws that keep guys like this behind bars. They CANNOT be rehabbed.
As for the women who place children in harms' way, we can't legislate stupidity.

RIP Sara.

it really bothering me on this statement

Leggs has not commented on the case. Sheriff Mike Lewis also says deputies are now interviewing several other possible victims in the Leggs case. For now, he is NOT providing any details about those possible victims.

I can't imagine how frightened that poor little girl must have been. Be with God.

I have been looking back to the first page of this thread - on one of the links that someone posted, a comment under the story was from a woman who said that she had two daughters who had had some kind of trouble with Leggs and it went to court. The judge gave him a "slap on the wrist".

I can't find it right now, though --

I hoped not...RIP Sarah.

Another child, failed by pretty much everyone. Another child dead.
When are the big shots in this country going to understand that these two things are connected?

If we (including society, child protection agencies, lawmakers, police, judges, prosecutors, parents and parole boards) don't stop this now, it will never stop.

I going to find that child death litigation agency and donate heavily. If I can't find one, by God, I'll start one...

I have logged in off and on all day to check on Sarah. I felt this would be the outcome. Soar with the angels little one and remember that all of us at WS have prayed for god to watch over you
And to the SOB who is a RSO may you face the wrath of God for what you have done!!!!

RIP Sarah. It seems senseless that we have to come on here and tell a beautiful little girl to rest in peace because no one cared enough to keep a creep like this away from her. We shouldn't be having to post rest in peace comments about these poor children because they should be protected from the get-go. Are these women really so desperate for the company of a man that they don't look into their background by doing a check in their states or other staes for sexual offenders registered there or is that they just DON'T CARE enough about the child that they are responsible for nurturing and loving, etc. It just makes me sick that we have to come here tonight and say rest in peace Sarah and that we are really sorry that you were found on Christmas Day. This should have never happened!!!

What is bothering you about it?

Until they investigate and make any charges, I don't think any details should be provided. jmo

Especially if the victims are minor.

It bother me because there could be other victims. And them victims suffer from this animal.

I didn't said anything about details be release or victims names

I think I have been on the crime forums long enought to know that LE will release the details when they are ready... But thanks for letting me know.!
Not really what I was trying to say.

What is bothering you about it?

Until they investigate and make any charges, I don't think any details should be provided. jmo

Especially if the victims are minor.

Me too. I wonder if one of the other victims lead them to this area as an area that they had been violated in. Maybe he took all his victims to the same place.

So sad. My heart breaks for her family. How sad her Aunt knew he was a RSO and still kept him around for any amount of time. :sick: I know he has taken in these children, but she is their parent now, and she put them in danger having him around.

It bother me because there could be other victims. And them victims suffer from this animal.

I didn't said anything about details be release or victims names

I think I have been on the crime forums long enought to know that LE will release the details when they are ready... But thanks for letting me know.!
Not really what I was trying to say.

Well to be fair, you didn't say what was bothering you about it. :)

I was just trying to be helpful. No need to be snippy.
It bothers me as well. That there is other victims of this monster out there. That this monster was convicted previously and was free to roam the streets to hurt other people.

I read the man was a former boyfriend of her aunt. Why would anyone with children date a RSO? It is so sad that so many children are abducted and killed by these people. Why do they have to kill the child? This is just so sad and for her to be found on Christmas day. RIP Sarah.

Ok I'm just starting to read from the beginning to catch up. I have a question. Why in the world would she have had a toothrush with her?

I believe that the woman whose comments were posted earlier in the local Salisbury link was trying to say that there WERE other victims (her daughters, though obviously not to the same extent), and that the judge in their case only gave this creep "a slap on the wrist" for whatever he did -- and now he was back out on the street again to continue preying on, and now murdering, innocent children.

Ok I'm just starting to read from the beginning to catch up. I have a question. Why in the world would she have had a toothrush with her?

I wondered that too. Did he take it, thinking LE would think she ran away since her toothbrush was gone?

RIP Sarah. It seems senseless that we have to come on here and tell a beautiful little girl to rest in peace because no one cared enough to keep a creep like this away from her. We shouldn't be having to post rest in peace comments about these poor children because they should be protected from the get-go. Are these women really so desperate for the company of a man that they don't look into their background by doing a check in their states or other staes for sexual offenders registered there or is that they just DON'T CARE enough about the child that they are responsible for nurturing and loving, etc. It just makes me sick that we have to come here tonight and say rest in peace Sarah and that we are really sorry that you were found on Christmas Day. This should have never happened!!!

Seems that you are assuming some of the following:
...All single and married moms have access to a computer
...That dads, brothers, uncles, grandfathers don't count
...Once access to a computer is available, moms know how/where to log on to check their neighborhood for sex offenders
...Once logged on, that moms know the difference between sex offenders and child predators
...Once they are logged on, they know the lingo each state uses to define category and severity of predators
...you forget the plea bargains between prosecuters, defense attorneys, and judges that allow these low-life slugs to serve short sentences
...you forget that the court SEALS juvenile records and this is where it all starts for the sex predator mho
...you forget about the group and individual therapists who claim rehabilitation can take place
...predators are often paroled over and over because they are thought to be rehabilitated - how bout those???
....How about those who fail to register
...And it seems you are not aware of how cunning, manipulative, and adoring these predators are of single moms and how they stalk to have access to their children

And let's not forget that there are plenty of husbands and wives (couples) who have lost their child to the child predators mho

Fine to be angry at mom, aunt, or child caretaker, but please put , at least, some of the blame where it counts the most - our legal system All the above is mho

Me too. I wonder if one of the other victims lead them to this area as an area that they had been violated in. Maybe he took all his victims to the same place.

So sad. My heart breaks for her family. How sad her Aunt knew he was a RSO and still kept him around for any amount of time. :sick: I know he has taken in these children, but she is their parent now, and she put them in danger having him around.

The aunt should be charged also,she put this child in danger with this .I'm so sick of parents and thier lifestyles of worthless bfs and gfs,drugs and sex being more important than the children.They open up the door to thier children being abucted,raped and killed.Start charging these guardians and parents and wake up some of these people.It will save more children's lives.I don't find any of these people as victims or even feel sorry for them,they brought this about just as much as the predator.The victims are the helpless children.

I have a question do we know if the aunt was even home that night ?

A family member said they went to check on the girls that next morning and they were last seen at 9:30 the night before.So,who was with them?

Seems that you are assuming some of the following:
...All single and married moms have access to a computer
...That dads, brothers, uncles, grandfathers don't count
...Once access to a computer is available, moms know how/where to log on to check their neighborhood for sex offenders
...Once logged on, that moms know the difference between sex offenders and child predators
...Once they are logged on, they know the lingo each state uses to define category and severity of predators
...you forget the plea bargains between prosecuters, defense attorneys, and judges that allow these low-life slugs to serve short sentences
...you forget that the court SEALS juvenile records and this is where it all starts for the sex predator mho
...you forget about the group and individual therapists who claim rehabilitation can take place
...predators are often paroled over and over because they are thought to be rehabilitated - how bout those???
....How about those who fail to register
...And it seems you are not aware of how cunning, manipulative, and adoring these predators are of single moms and how they stalk to have access to their children

And let's not forget that there are plenty of husbands and wives (couples) who have lost their child to the child predators mho

Fine to be angry at mom, aunt, or child caretaker, but please put , at least, some of the blame where it counts the most - our legal system All the above is mho

According to thi article the Aunt KNEW he was a RSO!!!!! She is the protector of these children, and she should've put their safety first. I honestly can say if I knew someone who was a sex offender of any kind my children would never be around them. It is my job to protect them the best I can.

ETA: the link I forgot: http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=117294533

I wondered that too. Did he take it, thinking LE would think she ran away since her toothbrush was gone?

My thought about the toothbrush is that he told her he was taking her to spend the night somewhere, maybe with a friend of hers?, and to get her toothbrush.

Do we know if she took any clothes?

According to thi article the Aunt KNEW he was a RSO!!!!! She is the protector of these children, and she should've put their safety first. I honestly can say if I knew someone who was a sex offender of any kind my children would never be around them. It is my job to protect them the best I can.

What artcle? TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back