Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an engagement announcement for Denise in the Daytona Beach Morning Journal, August 31, 1980. Scroll up on the page and there's a pic of her without glasses.
http://tinyurl.com/ye53b2l

I do not know if any of the girls you mentioned were compared to the unknown girl found in Baltimore County, MD in 1976. What similarities are you seeing?

These are the similarities that I see:
Deborah Lowe: would be the right age if abducted and help captive. I think the main thing was the scar on the left thigh. Right hair and eye color and maybe it was just wishful thinking but a resemblance to Doe's picture.

The other girls are just shots in the dark, a new comers ideas, actually grasping for straws. In all cases my thought is that the missing girl was held for a couple of years. It seems to me that this girl had someone that took care of her mainly because of the work done to her teeth. Seems like if she went missing recent to her death that she would be listed as a missing person. I live in MD and the Woodlawn area is not somewhere a young girl would just wander around. Assuming that she was killed nearby.

Robin and Jane side by side

There's a lot of distance and time between the two, but Robin isn't known to have died right away and is young enough to have grown some after leaving. She'd be in the age range in 1976. There is quite a good resemblance, though I think the chin is off.

And now that I look at it some more, the eybrows are off, too. Robin has almost hooded eyes.

Attachments

• graham_robin.jpg
    graham_robin.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 279UFMD2.jpg
    279UFMD2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 78
A few other people who have not been discussed here for consideration:

Maria Anjiras missing since 2/12/76 from Norwalk, CT (probably seen at biker bar in CT in 8/76) 5'6", 120, blue eyes not brown
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1032dfct.html

Marilyn Byskal missing since 6/20/74 from Manitoba, 5'8", 150, brown hair, brown eyes
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2416dfmb.html

Annita Maria Price missing since 5/30/74 from Moundsville, WV, 6'0", 155, brown hair, brown eyes, likely abduction making her less likely given the year
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1788dfwv.html

Valerie Cuccia missing since 5/7/74 from NYC, 5'6", 120, black/dark brown hair, brown eyes, scar left calf (could be thigh?)
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/138dfny.html

In looking at the morgue picture something struck me right away, she has a definitive widows peak. So far none of the girls we've brought up have that, that I can see anyway. She looks to be of possibly Italian heritage to me. (Her features remind me of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.) I think the actual Morgue picture shows a much rounder, younger looking face.

Also, just thinking, in 1976 I don't remember anyone in their 20's still wearing kneesocks, so if indeed they really were kneesocks, then I'm guessing she's younger, like 16 or 17 YOA. The two keys on the safety pin also seem to suggest a younger person to me. JMO

I think the MA angle is interesting, but maybe the UID did not come from there, the suspect did?

The weight/height is off on this girl, but such similar features, even down to the leather necklace and the tan shoes! Probably not, considering the circumstances of Barbara's disappearance, but who knows??
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/glueckert_barbara.html

Barbara did not have any tat's. The suspected perp in Barbara's case had returned the car to the cars owner the Monday following the Sat she went missing. She is believed to have been killed the evening or early hours of the morning following the night she went missing.

I have spoken with the detective handling Barbara's case, and he strongly believes she was buried somewhere along the Fox River between where she went missing and St. Charles, IL. (or possibly a little further south of St. Charles IL. Of course that does not rule out other possibilities but that is the detectives theory.

IIRC, Barbara's perp left the area and went west, he was found in CA IIRC and there is a witness stating he arrived in CO (prior to heading to CA) alone and on a motorcyle. I do believe he left the area almost immediately after Barbara was missing and was found in CA some months later. No links to provide, this is what I recall from my conversation with the detective handling her case. There was never any mention of Barbara's killer (who is now deceased) who did not have his own vehicle at the time, being anywhere on the east coast. The clothing does not match either.

I did think along those lines too Jules, but after looking further I think we can safely rule Barbara out as being this Jane Doe.

ETA: We know the lawn seed bag was discontinued two years earlier and there is nothing that I am aware of to place the perp in Barbaras case anywhere on the east coast at any time.

also:

IMO, unless the suspected perp in Barbara's case had her hidden away somewhere and alive, this Jane could not be Barbara.

Thanks Cubby!
Barbara did not have any tat's. The suspected perp in Barbara's case had returned the car to the cars owner the Monday following the Sat she went missing. She is believed to have been killed the evening or early hours of the morning following the night she went missing.

I have spoken with the detective handling Barbara's case, and he strongly believes she was buried somewhere along the Fox River between where she went missing and St. Charles, IL. (or possibly a little further south of St. Charles IL. Of course that does not rule out other possibilities but that is the detectives theory.

IIRC, Barbara's perp left the area and went west, he was found in CA IIRC and there is a witness stating he arrived in CO (prior to heading to CA) alone and on a motorcyle. I do believe he left the area almost immediately after Barbara was missing and was found in CA some months later. No links to provide, this is what I recall from my conversation with the detective handling her case. There was never any mention of Barbara's killer (who is now deceased) who did not have his own vehicle at the time, being anywhere on the east coast. The clothing does not match either.

I did think along those lines too Jules, but after looking further I think we can safely rule Barbara out as being this Jane Doe.

ETA: We know the lawn seed bag was discontinued two years earlier and there is nothing that I am aware of to place the perp in Barbaras case anywhere on the east coast at any time.

also:

IMO, unless the suspected perp in Barbara's case had her hidden away somewhere and alive, this Jane could not be Barbara.

at the risk of asking a most elementary question, the write ups indicated that this UID had been raped and I did not see any underwear mentioned other than a bra. it was stated she was wearing Levis jeans.

did they ever test the inside of the jeans to see if there were any DNA samples from the rapist?

I know DNA testing did not exist in 1976 but I hope they saved the clothing for future usage.

I have this uid's photo saved in my photos in the hope that someday I will see a photo of a missing person who matches. This one really gets to me. I hope she can be named very soon. :bump:

MOO

Bumping Case up... Woodlawn Jane Doe remains unidentified after more than 35 years.

I found a reconstruction of Woodlawn Jane Doe that I didn't see posted yet. Maybe it will be helpful. Sorry it is so big, I haven't figured out how to make it smaller.

NCMU1106539c1.jpg

http://www.mcac.maryland.gov/resources/MDMissing.html

Here is my reconstruction for this Jane Doe.

d73036d6-7dd6-40cf-a84b-cec08affe670.jpg

I know this is a long shot, and I can't link...but Cassandra Landrum looks facially like our UID to me, if her hair was dark... She had a tattoo but according to the description on Charley Project,she is way too short...maybe I am grasping at straws...sorry I can't link...don't know how on my IPad...

Never mind ... I just read that our girl had a dark olive complexion and Cassandra was fair...sorry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back