ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope your day got better! :)

Donjeta answered your question above with this link to an interview with the Mom ~ thanks, Donjeta! :seeya:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html

But I just wanted to add this part from the police:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/weve-ruled-nothing-out_2011-12-20.html

Other family members, including Ayla's grandmother Becka Hanson, said Monday that Trista had gone into rehab for substance abuse and the state Department of Health and Human Services had turned the child over to DiPietro in October.

Hanson said Ayla was with her father when she broke her arm. Police have said the child's arm was broken in an accidental fall about three weeks ago, but have declined to provide further details.

So to me it sounds as if police are well-aware of what happened in the fall and how the child's arm was broken. What's more important, in my opinion, is that the father has never denied the way the mother said it happened. :twocents:

Thanks! My day did get better, but am desperate for the hair appointment.
I know mom said Ayla broke her arm this way, but I have not seen explanations from anyone else. Mom has said many things about dad and he is not addressing them in the media, although I am sure LE has questioned him about it. Dad seems to prefer addressing issues privately and mom seems to prefer
a public forum.
I keep wondering if someone abducted this child out of jealousy. Maybe dads gf or someone who felt the other toddler had lost attention and was having to share a room, ect with Ayla.
Dad and LE may be waiting for enough evidence before naming a suspect.
I just do not think either parent did this. MOO

Hi All,

I am back at work after a week of "enforced relaxation" (yes, that is really what my adviser said, lol), so if there are any images (eg., new searches or whatnot) posted online I will be adding them to my photobucket. I'll also try to stay on Twitter patrol. :)

This is what I have for Ayla's family members:

PATERNAL RELATIVES :
Justin Dipietro ( father )
Lance Dipietro ( Uncle)
Phoebe Dipietro ( Paternal Grandmother )
Lance Dipietro (Paternal Grandfather)
Alisha Dipietro ( Paternal Aunt)

MATERNAL FAMILY MEMBERS:

Trista Reynolds ( Mother)
Ronald Reynolds (Uncle)
Jessica Reynolds (Aunt)
Becca Hanson ( Grandmother)
Ron Reynolds ( Grandfather)

Is this a correct listing as far as anyone knows?

PATERNAL RELATIVES :
Lance Dipietro ( Uncle)

MATERNAL FAMILY MEMBERS:

Ronald Reynolds (Uncle)
Jessica Reynolds (Aunt)

It looks correct to me ... and all of these names I have seen in the MSM ...

:innocent: Now ... if you can find out WHO was the "unidentified female" whose vehicle was towed in for "processing" along with Justin's vehicle which was towed in for processing ... AND ... ANYONE ELSE who was at the house on the night when Ayla went missing ... :innocent:

These names be added to the list ...

:seeya:

PATERNAL RELATIVES :
Lance Dipietro ( Uncle)

MATERNAL FAMILY MEMBERS:

Ronald Reynolds (Uncle)
Jessica Reynolds (Aunt)

I think Justin's sisters name is spelled Elisha.

Does anyone have a link that lists all of the people who were in the house that night? I know people have posted who they think were there but I'm looking for a link to this info. TY

There was that initial photo of Justin with a bunch of people in the driveway. Not sure but there was a woman with a baby and that wasn't his sister or her child. JMO

I think Justin's sisters name is spelled Elisha.

Does anyone have a link that lists all of the people who were in the house that night? I know people have posted who they think were there but I'm looking for a link to this info. TY

BBM: I have not seen any confirmation from LE as to who was there ... but ... IIRC, it was Justin, his mother, Ayla, the other baby that was sleeping in the room with Ayla, and I think Justin's brother ?

Please correct if not Justin's brother...

snipped from : http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/In-interview-father-of-missing-girl-speaks.html

DiPietro said he wanted to clarify a widespread rumor regarding the hours before Alya was reported missing. He said some media outlets and blogs reported there was a party at the DiPietro home on Dec. 16.

“There was no party,” he said.

Phoebe DiPietro nodded in agreement.

:waitasec: So ... Justin's mom just sits there and "nods in agreement" that there was no party ...

:waitasec: Sorry ... but I am not buying it ...

JMO ... but "something" happened in that house on the night of December 17 ... and as usual ... the "family" is not talking ...

MOO ...

I find it strange that there was another baby supposedly sleeping in the same room as baby Alya yet only Alya was taken. So this throws out any stranger abduction to me.

I find it strange that there was another baby supposedly sleeping in the same room as baby Alya yet only Alya was taken. So this throws out any stranger abduction to me.

I used to babysit my neighbors twins and I could go and pick up one that was crying while the other slept through it. So I think it is possible. If the perp snuck into the room quietly and snatched Ayla out of the bed, there is no reason for the other baby to automatically awaken., imo.

my 2 cents:

The Mom or someone she knew would not enter a home with many other's there to snatch the child. They would have waited for another opportunity. I'm sure since many where in that house there were more then a few cars parked. After all this might have been why neighbor's reported a party.

I also agree anyone who would even attempt taking the child for the Mother would be as confrontational as the Mom would be. I just don't see this happening in a FULL HOUSE!

I also again do not see a stranger abduction for the other baby was left alone. Reason's people will risk entering a full house to snatch a child is either a pedophile or someone wanting a child to sell or have one of their own. All three I would think the other child described as an infant would have been a better "Get" (excuse that wording)

This remains that someone in that home was responsible. Don't try to sell me an accident and family helped out by disposing of the body ala Casey Anthony. Nope, why cover up an accident and risk being charged with a crime, when calling the police or 911 could show it was an accident. Even if lets say the dad gave the child drugs in her bottle to put her to sleep, still would be lesser then murder charges eventually. He would have a better shot at a defense.

Now not knowing all who was in the house, and unable (because of TOS) to sleuth family members that were in the home to see if they have any record, leaves me just like the Ayla's grandfather, let the police handle it. Until more, nothing we can do. Once police name a suspect or parties talk in the media nothing to do.

I used to babysit my neighbors twins and I could go and pick up one that was crying while the other slept through it. So I think it is possible. If the perp snuck into the room quietly and snatched Ayla out of the bed, there is no reason for the other baby to automatically awaken., imo.

I think the poster was indicating that Ayla was most likely specifically targeted, since only she was "taken" and not the younger baby, who are more often targets of baby thieves, as it were. If indeed Ayla was taken from her room and bed.

my 2 cents:

The Mom or someone she knew would not enter a home with many other's there to snatch the child. They would have waited for another opportunity. I'm sure since many where in that house there were more then a few cars parked. After all this might have been why neighbor's reported a party.

I also agree anyone who would even attempt taking the child for the Mother would be as confrontational as the Mom would be. I just don't see this happening in a FULL HOUSE!

I also again do not see a stranger abduction for the other baby was left alone. Reason's people will risk entering a full house to snatch a child is either a pedophile or someone wanting a child to sell or have one of their own. All three I would think the other child described as an infant would have been a better "Get" (excuse that wording)

This remains that someone in that home was responsible. Don't try to sell me an accident and family helped out by disposing of the body ala Casey Anthony. Nope, why cover up an accident and risk being charged with a crime, when calling the police or 911 could show it was an accident. Even if lets say the dad gave the child drugs in her bottle to put her to sleep, still would be lesser then murder charges eventually. He would have a better shot at a defense.

Now not knowing all who was in the house, and unable (because of TOS) to sleuth family members that were in the home to see if they have any record, leaves me just like the Ayla's grandfather, let the police handle it. Until more, nothing we can do. Once police name a suspect or parties talk in the media nothing to do.

I think the other child is just a month or two younger than Ayla. But I agree with you that it was not a stranger abduction, if it was an abduction at all.

Sadly, sometimes families DO try and cover up accidental deaths. Not often but it does happen.

This is a question maybe one of you can clarify for me: At first, the arrangement was that Ayla stay with TR's sister (tell me if I'm wrong) but then CPS placed Ayla with her father. Now, TR says that it was agreed that the father's place was the best place for her. What am I missing here? If that was 'agreed' upon, then why was she first going to stay with the sister and why was CPS involved? Why would CPS take a child for what, 10 days and how would they even know the baby was with the sister? If the parents weren't in such close contact or even if they were, why would staying with the sister have been such an issue, JP could have visited Ayla during the 10 days with the sister? None of this makes sense to me unless, UNLESS there was an ongoing custody dispute that started long before. And if TR was in rehab for 10 days in October, why was Ayla at the father's in December? Did CPS permanently place her with the Dad? Ugh!

The custody issues have been confusing from the first. Quoting from my own post, this is what I believe happened based on what has been released in the media.

Early on there was a lot of confusion about how Justin ended up caring for the baby while TR was in rehab. As I understand it, TR left Ayla in the care of her mother and sister. Justin learns TR is in rehab and decides he wants to care for Ayla himself and goes to LE and asks that an officer accompany him. LE refers Justin to protective services. A plan is worked out whereby TR agrees to let Justin take Ayla if he agrees to move in with his mom. I would say this was a compromise and in no way indicated TR was okay with Justin caring for Ayla. Justin is the father and has rights regarding his daughter. TR, being in rehab, wasn't in any position to contest the decision and probably figured that Ayla being with the grandmother and aunt was the best arrangement to which she could agree.

AFAIK, no info has been released as to whether TR's rehab was court mandated, voluntary, or what the circumstances were. According to TR's statements, once JD had custody of Ayla, he only let TR see Ayla once afterwards and refused her other attempts to see the baby. No info on how long the temporary custody was supposed to be or whether TR made any appeals to CPS before she began the process to get custody established the day before the disappearance.

There's also nothing to indicate one way or another if Ayla was placed with JD because of unfit or unsafe conditions although I tend to doubt that was the case since TR retained custody of her younger child. All MOO.

JD says there was no party. Neighbors (plural) say there was a party. To me, a party implies loud music, lots of people in and out, lots of cars, not having a couple of friends over. The neighbors may have different standards, but it boils down to who was in the house that evening, and I would think LE knows that by now. If there really was a "lot" of people over that night, I find it odd that not one of them has seized the opportunity to be interviewed on TV. Not the most optimistic view of human nature, I agree, but still fairly accurate as generalizations go, I think. All MOO.

JD says there was no party. Neighbors (plural) say there was a party. To me, a party implies loud music, lots of people in and out, lots of cars, not having a couple of friends over. The neighbors may have different standards, but it boils down to who was in the house that evening, and I would think LE knows that by now. If there really was a "lot" of people over that night, I find it odd that not one of them has seized the opportunity to be interviewed on TV. Not the most optimistic view of human nature, I agree, but still fairly accurate as generalizations go, I think. All MOO.

I was actually surprised at how close the homes are on this street. The neighbors would be able to tell if there was alot of activity and cars going in and out. I have traveled through Maine and stayed in Lincoln overnight on the way to New Brunswick, where my family is from. I guess I was expecting the homes to be more rural in terms of being spread out and unpaved driveways,etc. Only because that's how it is in my hometown. If the neighbors heard stuff, I would guess that it is believable.IMO

Seems like nobody who was a friend of JD wants to speak out to the media about what a wonderful father he has been to Ayla. Nobody who was there that night wants to speak out, identify themselves, and swear that it was a just another "normal" night at that house. The little media clip that JD allowed inside his house with his mother and brother offered nothing new, it was clear that they were standing by JD because they were "family". JD can study tapes, hire a media coach, then do tons of media tapes where he talks about Ayla and the fun things they did together every day, the new places they went and shared experiences, how he loved putting her to bed in her daddy's girl jammies. But it's too late - there is too little heartfelt emotion about Ayla and it demonstrates that she hadn't been a major influence in his life before she went and "disappeared". I believe that it was mostly the females in the family who took care of Ayla. The pleasure, the moments to treasure, of being a daddy just hadn't kicked in for JD.

IMHO

I hope the fact that people see the dad's eyes lighting up when asked about Ayla means only one thing: that she's alive. JMO

I don't take much from the fact that Dad spoke as though someone has Ayla...any parent would rather presume that, than anything worse, if innocent. And if not innocent, they might say the same sort of thing. Either way, it proves nothing.

The possibility of a text message however is the biggest factor here to me; if indeed he received one and this was proven to LE...then they should have a suspect even if they cannot find or identify that person. And yet we have heard nothing to indicate that LE has any suspects or even an idea what has happened.

If indeed he had received such a text, it seems unlikely that LE would have presumed Ayla to have wandered off, even for a moment, but rather that she had been taken, instead of waiting two weeks to say so.

JMO

LE has released the house back to the DiPietros and released the cars back to them as well. So I do not think there was any evidence of a child's death in either location.

There were 5 adults in that home. If Ayla's dad had killed her that night, and tried to cover it up with this abduction story, I believe that one of the 5 adults would have broken down by now. imoo

I also believe they are telling the truth when they say there was not a party that night. They originally said it was just a few of them having holiday dinner. That would be the 5 adults we already know about. That would mean there could be 5 cars in the driveway with just them. I think that could make the neighbors believe it was a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl