ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe cricket is referring to this last statement from the interview this morning:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/45814327#45814327
TR: Just come talk to me. Like, just talk to me. You know, like, he's the only one that can answer some of my questions. You know, like, we have a daughter that is missing. We used to be able to get along all the time. Just talk to me. That's all I want, just..he was the last one to see her alive. Like, just talk to me. That's all I want. Just talk to me.

i've seen multiple people today who are uncomfortable with her use of "alive"

I am uncomfortable with it, too. It implies that Ayla is dead. How would she know this?

It really muddies the waters.

Did she say that simply because she has already assumed Ayla is dead?
Does she believe dad killed her?
Or did she kill Ayla and is trying to frame the father?

Or something else?

Ug. This is frustrating. :waitasec:

Not to defend Mom, but she has every right to at least think that Ayla might not be alive...she has not seen her, she says, since Nov. 21st; the child had been injured while away from her on more than one occassion, and LE seems to be looking in places where a child might be found deceased. And Dad won't even tell her what happened on that night, and refused to take her to the doctor on Friday. Mom had questioned from the very first about when Ayla was actually last seen by anyone, something we've never heard. Who saw her and when?

Anyway I am not taking her choice of words as indicators of guilty knowledge. She is angry, frustrated, scared, etc...I might turn out to be wrong but I don't believe she knows what happened to Ayla and is fearing the worst, as it would be hard not to do, IMO.

I myself do not read too much into this, I see that she was told to stay out of the way, and if it was me I'd be doing anything in my power to bring my son to the attention of the media and to the world, so maybe she felt that it was worth making the trip so that a few more people might hear about her daughter and have some/any information to bring forward. If I wasn't allowed to be there to search, then I'd be doing my darndest to do anything I could.

No, I agree....I have a son myself a toddler, and I would be going crazy doing everything I could to find him- I just heard that cops told her to stay put, maybe it was just wrong in the media....I'm def not saying the mom had anything to do with this-I do however, think they are just badmouthing the father......

Mom is rather calm and seems to be evading issues at hand, creates the same old story about custody... but then again, are her stories remaining the same?
Yeah, this is fishy. Either way, I feel they've killed her. :(

Not to defend Mom, but she has every right to at least think that Ayla might not be alive...she has not seen her, she says, since Nov. 21st; the child had been injured while away from her on more than one occassion, and LE seems to be looking in places where a child might be found deceased. And Dad won't even tell her what happened on that night, and refused to take her to the doctor on Friday. Mom had questioned from the very first about when Ayla was actually last seen by anyone, something we've never heard. Who saw her and when?

Anyway I am not taking her choice of words as indicators of guilty knowledge. She is angry, frustrated, scared, etc...I might turn out to be wrong but I don't believe she knows what happened to Ayla and is fearing the worst, as it would be hard not to do, IMO.

bbm - has it been confirmed that he did NOT take her to the doctors? I mean by him and/or LE...or the doctor? Is it possible he told mom that he wasn't taking her because he was bringing someone else (girlfriend) with him...or just didn't want her to show up at all? I would like to know if he definitely did NOT take her and why not.

bbm - has it been confirmed that he did NOT take her to the doctors? I mean by him and/or LE...or the doctor? Is it possible he told mom that he wasn't taking her because he was bringing someone else (girlfriend) with him...or just didn't want her to show up at all? I would like to know if he definitely did NOT take her and why not.

IIRC TR said said she called Thursday and asked JP if he would be bringing A to the appointment on Friday and he said no. Then she says they have not talked. But then she says she meant not since the baby went missing. She is talking out of both sides if her mouth.

This whole situation is hinky for me. TR says she had an agreement with JP to keep Ayla was she was in rehab but then she says CPS took her. Which is it? JP was going to keep A during her rehab and then "return" her or CPS took her?

I think the confusion is that TR most likely agreed to a CPS safety plan.

Somebody from CPS comes in and says we're going to take your child or you can agree to this plan and then the child can stay, or be placed with somebody else and when the parent meets the terms of the plan they can get the child back. This happens before any kind of court order. You can Google it and it sounds like they are notoriously bad. . .parent doesn't feel like they have a choice and enters into a contract that is vague and they don't really have a way to meet the demands of the plan. I know I posted up thread somewhere where they have been found to be unconstitutional in some cases. That would explain her "my rights were violated" comment. It would also explain her weird way of saying she agreed to give Ayla to JD and CPS took her. . .both of those comments would be true with a safety plan.

HTH

MOO

I think the confusion is that TR most likely agreed to a CPS safety plan.

Somebody from CPS comes in and says we're going to take your child or you can agree to this plan and then the child can stay, or be placed with somebody else and when the parent meets the terms of the plan they can get the child back. This happens before any kind of court order. You can Google it and it sounds like they are notoriously bad. . .parent doesn't feel like they have a choice and enters into a contract that is vague and they don't really have a way to meet the demands of the plan. I know I posted up thread somewhere where they have been found to be unconstitutional in some cases. That would explain her "my rights were violated" comment. It would also explain her weird way of saying she agreed to give Ayla to JD and CPS took her. . .both of those comments would be true with a safety plan.

HTH

MOO

---------
Years ago, I gained "custody" of a relative's child exactly this same way through CPS. I was naive and knew a lot less about how this stuff works then than I do now, and it was an unfair situation/plan for me, the parents, and the child. The dad had been in prison since before the child was born, and the mom had a drug problem and had flaked out and couldn't be found. The child had been left with a friend/babysitter and when the mom didn't come back after a week, the babysitter called CPS. They came in, picked up the child, placed her in temporary shelter and contacted relatives. I had 72 hours to decide whether to take the child in, go through a quickie CPS criminal background check, and to actually get her out of shelter care. I was told that after 72 hours, CPS would take custody of her under a dependency plan and we may never see her again. She was 22 months old at the time. I did pick her up from shelter care before the 72 hours expired, and was given a temporary power of attorney signed by a father in prison that had never even met the child. CPS then washed their hands of the whole situation. Mom didn't turn up and was not even consulted, even though she had "presumed custody" because there was no other custody order. It was nearly a year later when Mom finally turned up wanting her child back and sent the police to my house to pick her up late at night. It was only through the grace of a very nice police officer that the child remained safe. After looking at the whole situation, he decided to bend the law a bit and not take the child out of our home that night, but advised me that she could easily call another officer the next morning to pick up the child, and that we, at that point, had no legal right to keep her from the mom. As soon as the officer left, I was out of the house and checked into a hotel with the child that very night and waiting at the court house the next morning to file for emergency custody. I didn't even realize that the power of attorney we had was worth basically nothing, and that we needed to file for custody of her. After a 2 year battle in court, the parents rights were eventually terminated and we adopted her at the age of 4. She is an amazing 13 year old now. But CPS really let us all down at the time. And btw, this child was placed in our home as a relative placement with no proof of relationship, no homestudy, a temporary power of attorney signed by a parent that had never met her or us, and a simple police background check to prove that we had not been convicted of any violent or domestic crime.

I'm grateful to this day that we were able to bring our daughter into our home, but still disgusted with the way that CPS handled everything. They are a corrupt organization. I can easily see how Ayla could have been placed with the father, and how the mom may feel that her rights were violated over the whole situation.

Diana

Diana

---------
Years ago, I gained "custody" of a relative's child exactly this same way through CPS. I was naive and knew a lot less about how this stuff works then than I do now, and it was an unfair situation/plan for me, the parents, and the child. The dad had been in prison since before the child was born, and the mom had a drug problem and had flaked out and couldn't be found. The child had been left with a friend/babysitter and when the mom didn't come back after a week, the babysitter called CPS. They came in, picked up the child, placed her in temporary shelter and contacted relatives. I had 72 hours to decide whether to take the child in, go through a quickie CPS criminal background check, and to actually get her out of shelter care. I was told that after 72 hours, CPS would take custody of her under a dependency plan and we may never see her again. She was 22 months old at the time. I did pick her up from shelter care before the 72 hours expired, and was given a temporary power of attorney signed by a father in prison that had never even met the child. CPS then washed their hands of the whole situation. Mom didn't turn up and was not even consulted, even though she had "presumed custody" because there was no other custody order. It was nearly a year later when Mom finally turned up wanting her child back and sent the police to my house to pick her up late at night. It was only through the grace of a very nice police officer that the child remained safe. After looking at the whole situation, he decided to bend the law a bit and not take the child out of our home that night, but advised me that she could easily call another officer the next morning to pick up the child, and that we, at that point, had no legal right to keep her from the mom. As soon as the officer left, I was out of the house and checked into a hotel with the child that very night and waiting at the court house the next morning to file for emergency custody. I didn't even realize that the power of attorney we had was worth basically nothing, and that we needed to file for custody of her. After a 2 year battle in court, the parents rights were eventually terminated and we adopted her at the age of 4. She is an amazing 13 year old now. But CPS really let us all down at the time. And btw, this child was placed in our home as a relative placement with no proof of relationship, no homestudy, a temporary power of attorney signed by a parent that had never met her or us, and a simple police background check to prove that we had not been convicted of any violent or domestic crime.

I'm grateful to this day that we were able to bring our daughter into our home, but still disgusted with the way that CPS handled everything. They are a corrupt organization. I can easily see how Ayla could have been placed with the father, and how the mom may feel that her rights were violated over the whole situation.

Diana

Diana

Thank you for sharing your story. I myself have no first hand knowledge of CPS, but I do know that many many children slip through the cracks. IIRC I did notice in TR's statements/transcripts she says that JD mentioned his intent to file for parental rights so she went ahead and filed the paperwork for herself. She filed after several attempts to speak/see her child and JD would not allow her access to the child. She may have felt it was her only way to get A back. And as far as I know there are many different types of custodial arrangements, sole custody, primary residential custody, primary custody with joint support for the child, joint custody, etc. I believe parental rights and responsibilities takes place of the word custody in Maine?? It recognizes that a court should consider every aspect of the raising of the child and not just physical custody or residence. Maine has three types of awards in this, shared rights, sole rights and allocated rights. I got that from divorcenet.com's website. I hope this information helps.

One thing that deeply concerns me about this case is how little is being said about Ayla herself. I have a 2 yo daughter, so I know at this age they have favorite colors, favorite toys, favorite TV shows. What about Ayla? My daughter absolutely HAS to sleep with certain toys and a very special blanket. What about Ayla? And if Ayla had the same habits as most other 2 year olds and DID sleep with special companions, were they left behind in the bed? That information would mean an awful lot in terms of who LE should be looking at as having removed her from her bed.

Remember the days when children were abducted and the family and LE would make public statements pleading for the return of their children? They often would purposely use the child's name frequently and describe just the same type of information I mention above. Its a psychological tactic called Humanizing the Victim. What happened to that?

Its striking to me that so many of these missing baby/toddler cases are void of these little details (Ayla, Aliayah, Sky). Their absence speaks volumes to me.

IMO, MOO, etc etc

I was wondering about this as well. Her statement about this was:
TR: I uh, had reached out to him on Thursday, the 15th, to see if he was definitely still coming on Friday, and he told me he was definitely not coming, and that was the last that I had spoken with Justin.

I suppose this could mean "i am definitely not coming to pick YOU up, TRISTA," but it doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't taking Ayla to the appointment.

Also, there has been a lot said about Justin having nothing to do with Ayla until around June. Do we know if he was even aware that he had a child before then?

Hambirg and Diana,

Thank you very much for explaining about the CPS safety plans! I had never heard of such a thing, so I was really confused. You helped me a lot!

When this case first broke it was reported that Aylas parents had not been in a relationship when she was conceived, had never been a couple and that they were just casual friends.

It has been confirmed by mom in msm that Ayla was in dads care because mom went to rehab. Do we know for what exactly? I wonder because it would not be a leap that if mom was an adict of some substance she would spend time and have friendships with people with similar interests.

I do not think mom has anything to do with Aylas disappearance. I find her not terribly articulate but sincere in her demeanor. I hope the stress of this situation does not cause her to backslide.

Dad has my hink meter up. Hard to say exactly why. His seeming nonchalance, lack of plea for safe return, uncommincativeness with media and public regarding Ayla, the broken arm, the bruises reported by mom.

It saddens me to say it but i think we have another murdered child reported "kidnapped" by parent.

:shakehead:

When this case first broke it was reported that Aylas parents had not been in a relationship when she was conceived, had never been a couple and that they were just casual friends.

It has been confirmed by mom in msm that Ayla was in dads care because mom went to rehab. Do we know for what exactly? I wonder because it would not be a leap that if mom was an adict of some substance she would spend time and have friendships with people with similar interests.

I do not think mom has anything to do with Aylas disappearance. I find her not terribly articulate but sincere in her demeanor. I hope the stress of this situation does not cause her to backslide.

Dad has my hink meter up. Hard to say exactly why. His seeming nonchalance, lack of plea for safe return, uncommincativeness with media and public regarding Ayla, the broken arm, the bruises reported by mom.

It saddens me to say it but i think we have another murdered child reported "kidnapped" by parent.

The mom was in rehab for alcohol abuse. I agree that the father's behavior is hinky. I wonder if there is a history of substance abuse on his part since he was apparently at one time in the mother's circle of friends. No indication of that so far. Nothing is known about the activities of the evening in question, but I have wondered if drugs or alcohol could have played a part. All MOO

Seems Dad might have included the fact in one of his statements that he HAD taken his child to her doctor's appointment, as scheduled, if in fact he had...JMO

BBM...I've been thinking the same thing. Shaking an addiction isn't easy under the best of circumstances...so many ways to induce relapse. And she and her family don't need another heartache right now.

And if he hadn't had much contact with Ayla until recently, the bond may not be there. I'm certain this is a case of abuse leading to death.

Oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member