Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, where is this sweet baby girl?? It just drives me crazy wondering where she is and what happened to her!!! :banghead: :furious:

I think that your missing the point of my entire post.

I want to know why LE did not set the record straight when the family lawyer said "it might not be blood". It's about evidence that LE deemed was important for the public to know about in the first place. That means that it's important for LE to let the public know what they said was true by standing behind their prior statements.

A "no comment" or a "no reaction" doesn't cut it for me.

Maybe because the family is talking to LE now and it's been a long time since they did? If they got into a shouting match with the lawyer about Ayla's blood (Yes it was - no it wasn't) the lines of communication might be closed again.

Just a thought.

Maybe because the family is talking to LE now and it's been a long time since they did? If they got into a shouting match with the lawyer about Ayla's blood (Yes it was - no it wasn't) the lines of communication might be closed again.

Just a thought.

That is how I see it too... LE is "choosing its battles".. so to speak...

JMO

I think that your missing the point of my entire post.

I want to know why LE did not set the record straight when the family lawyer said "it might not be blood". It's about evidence that LE deemed was important for the public to know about in the first place. That means that it's important for LE to let the public know what they said was true by standing behind their prior statements.

A "no comment" or a "no reaction" doesn't cut it for me.

I think that if LE were to make a verbal stand that the Lawyer was not correct... this altercation could break down the communication LE is trying to rebuild with the DiPietros..

It would be wonderful if LE could let the public (us) know all details of their findings... but if they did that... and it interrupted communication.. then there is a strong possibility that no one would lead LE to Ayla...

A "no comment" from LE is a diplomatic way of disagreeing with the DiPietros and their lawyer... while still letting The DiPietros and lawyer save face...

Just My Opinion...

Just a thought.

Are you saying that the lawyer may have gotten into a shouting match with police over what blood is? It's either blood or it's not and you don't need but a tiny minuscule invisible amount of DNA to make a match with someone.

So what is it? A large amount of Ayla's blood or a small amount, or only a sample of her DNA? That's three different things. I want to know what LE has.

I think that if LE were to make a verbal stand that the Lawyer was not correct... this altercation could break down the communication LE is trying to rebuild with the DiPietros..

It would be wonderful if LE could let the public (us) know all details of their findings... but if they did that... and it interrupted communication.. then there is a strong possibility that no one would lead LE to Ayla...

A "no comment" from LE is a diplomatic way of disagreeing with the DiPietros and their lawyer... while still letting The DiPietros and lawyer save face...

Just My Opinion...
Sorry, but I disagree with your post.

Are you saying that the lawyer may have gotten into a shouting match with police over what blood is? It's either blood or it's not and you don't need but a tiny minuscule invisible amount of DNA to make a match with someone.

So what is it? A large amount of Ayla's blood or a small amount, or only a sample of her DNA? That's three different things. I want to know what LE has.

Shouting match was used figuratively.
I meant more that if you're making progress in that you're having conversations with the people you want to talk to about what happened to a little child it might not be productive to make public statements to the effect that their lawyer is wrong in his face saving attempts. It might scare them off again if you kept harping on the fact that you found a pool of blood in their basement. (Supposing that you found a pool of blood and not something harmless and innocuous in minuscule amounts.)

I want to know what LE has as well but it looks like we're out of luck.

Melisa Staples, assistant director of the New Hampshire State Police Crime Laboratory in Concord, N.H., said DNA can be found in blood, saliva, semen, bone, hair roots and skin cells, but not much else.

DNA is also present in urine and feces, but it’s difficult for investigators to obtain evidence from those materials, Staples said. Urine contains a small amount of DNA and is difficult to find unless investigators have a large sample. Fecal matter is even less useful for investigators because its bacteria quickly destroys any DNA within the sample. Complicating matters further, urine or feces would be virtually undetectable if a crime scene was cleaned up before investigators arrived.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Ayla-Reynolds-case-If-its-DNA-its-probably-blood-expert-says.html

MOO - this atty is full of chit - the evidence found was blood. again MOO

Ayla Reynolds' mother frustrated with investigators

Investigators were planning to show Reynolds items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during a search of the Lockwood Dam on April 25, she said. They also planned to present her the same information that investigators shared with members of Ayla's paternal family -- father Justin DiPietro, aunt Elisha DiPietro and grandmother Phoebe DiPietro -- in October, Reynolds said.

"They've been doing this for six months," she said of the delays. "Six months ago, when all this stuff came up in the river, they told me they wanted to sit down and show things to me, and they still haven't done it. Now they're playing games with me."

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/trista-reynolds-frustrated-with-investigators_2012-12-27.html

I wonder what the reason is for the delay in LE showing her the items found? :waitasec:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/trista-reynolds-frustrated-with-investigators_2012-12-27.html

Earlier this month, McCausland announced that investigators had met with the DiPietros in October.

"We wanted to give them an update, and we were very frank in the information we shared with them," McCausland said during the Dec. 14 press conference.

Steve Bourget, an attorney for Elisha and Phoebe DiPietro, confirmed that investigators had met with his clients, and said the family was shown physical evidence in the case. Bourget added that DNA evidence found in the toddler's home was a "match to Ayla, but it wasn't necessarily blood."

In January, McCausland said that Ayla's blood was found in the basement of her Violette Avenue home. Earlier this month, McCausland wouldn't respond directly to Bourget's statement but said "there has been no change in any of our previous statements." A Reynolds family member said in January police told the family it was "more than a cupful" of blood, a statement McCausland didn't dispute at the time.

Dear god I missed Ayla's "anniversary". I feel like a really $hitty person.

Dear god I missed Ayla's "anniversary". I feel like a really $hitty person.

No you are not, Jane...

:therethere:

ETA... the really $hitty persons are those that have harmed Ayla... And who are covering it up!

:furious:

No you are not, Jane...

:therethere:

ETA... the really $hitty persons are those that have harmed Ayla... And who are covering it up!

:furious:

Thanks, Clue. I hate when I lose track of cases I'm following...I feel like I am betraying the person by giving up on them.

Sweet baby Ayla - no, we haven't given up - you will be found. But "someday" has gone on for too long. Need to find you, Ayla. Somebody knows the place and method used to dispose of Ayla and the evidence that would point to them. Do you think you can get away with it, Justin?

Well, I really hope that when law enforcement met with Trista they finally shared the information with her about the items recovered in their river searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR
Back