Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another podcast about Ayla (Thin Air):
https://soundcloud.com/thin-air-podcast/episode-9-ayla-reynolds

Listening to Ayla's grandfather is so, so, so hard. I can't imagine what he and that family is going through. It breaks my heart how someone could do that to a child. One more example of a child wrapped up in his or her parents' problems. We bring these beautiful little babies into the world and selfishly continue with our lives without regard to how it hurts the most vulnerable and innocent...the ones that completely depend on us for everything, including safety and love.

I hope that the pressure stays on this case, especially on Justin and the other people in the house that night that know what happened to Ayla. She deserves that much.

I still don't understand how and why Justin isn't being investigated more thoroughly. How has he not been brought up on charges???

A quick search turned up one such petition, but there may be more:

https://www.change.org/p/attorney-g...in-connection-with-the-death-of-ayla-reynolds

Just signed the petition...7,925 signatures so far.

This might have already been mentioned, but there is a Go Fund Me page for Ayla (for probate attorney and fees). I made a donation and hope everyone else who has been following this case does the same. They are so close to their goal! I will promote it in some other places.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/12/...011-from-her-grandmothers-home-in-waterville/

Justin, Elisha DiPietro and Roberts have not responded to requests for comment, but Ayla’s maternal family members continue to speak out...

Trista said she planned to spend Saturday — the five-year anniversary of when Ayla was reported missing — doing what she has done every year.

“I set off a balloon and light a candle for her at 4:30 p.m.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/12...-reynolds-family-police-still-hope-for-leads/

“This is a whole new trauma, particularly of explaining it to my 5-year-old, who watched the television interview with me,” Trista Reynolds said last week. “I couldn’t keep it from him. He broke down crying. It hurt me because I had to tell him what happened to Ayla”...

Asked what police need to help further the case, Love said, “We need all of the individuals in the house when Ayla disappeared to be forthcoming. We have made progress, and that work will continue.”

He said that while he could not get into specifics, police have learned a piece of information that has helped the case.

Bare with me I am new to the group. I live in Maine and my sister lives like 3 streets over from JD house. About 5 months ago on a kids TV show, the show was wishing happy birthdays to any viewers that submitted their kids info. This little girl pops up on the screen and its on of AYLAS pictures but states the kid lives out west. Her name was changed also. Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this. Police were notified but not sure of the outcome?

I live about an 1 hour and 15 mins away also..... Anyone heard of why Justin made a trip to portland before calling 911?? I heard that Derek went with him on that ride...

This is so sad. As no one has found baby ayla. I have started to do a little digging as I said my sister recently moved to waterville...I have been told, that the night of her "disappearance" Ayla was not there....No one saw her. From what I have heard, there was a party that night and no ayla in sight..... Where are you baby ayla........... My heart breaks for trista.

Bumping..

I hope someday we will get answers to this one. I think of Trista often and wonder how she is doing. So difficult without any closure or resolution.

Hi Subtlegrace. I think you want to post about this right? I think she was actually declared dead based on the facebook group but here is an MSM link:

Relatives of toddler Ayla Reynolds, who disappeared from a Waterville home five years ago this week, say they are asking a court to declare the child dead.
That action would “preserve the rights of Ayla’s estate” to bring lawsuits in the future, the family says.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/12...amily-eyes-court-declaration-of-childs-death/

It is official, I found the document myself. That is my blog, but I dunno if mod's are going to let the link stay. I tried to contact one for verification but no response yet.

Hi Subtlegrace. I think you want to post about this right? I think she was actually declared dead based on the facebook group but here is an MSM link:

Relatives of toddler Ayla Reynolds, who disappeared from a Waterville home five years ago this week, say they are asking a court to declare the child dead.
That action would “preserve the rights of Ayla’s estate” to bring lawsuits in the future, the family says.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/12...amily-eyes-court-declaration-of-childs-death/

Yeah, but here's the thing about the "preserving the rights". Her liability attorney was Bigos, the best in Maine I believe, and he said she had no case. By going ahead and filing for the death declaration, she has started the toll for the statute of limitations for civil suits. There will be no statute of limitations on a murder charge, but it appears Trista has boxed herself in. Unless she finds a witness or more evidence, and if that happened, I think LE would take over and ask her to wait on the civil suit until they are through with their trial, but again, depending on how long that would take, she only has either 2 years or 6 years to file a civil suit.

Judge hears request to legally declare Ayla Reynolds dead
A Maine State Police lieutenant testified in Cumberland County probate court Thursday that the investigation into the 2011 disappearance of toddler Ayla Reynolds has not yielded any information indicating she is alive even though authorities have received more than 1,500 leads in the case.

Lt. Jeff Love’s testimony came during a hearing in which Trista Reynolds, the girl’s mother, asked probate Judge Joseph Mazziotti to declare her daughter legally dead. If Mazziotti agrees, it would open the door for Reynolds to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the 20-month-old girl’s estate against her father, Justin DiPietro, who has been a focus of the investigation since the girl disappeared.

Mazziotti offered no indication on when he would make his ruling.

You know that feeling of hope that rises in your chest when a pet case has a new post?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ
Back