Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would try to watch but it is so hot in my house right now any video would blow up the mac!

Are they searching NOW, or were they searching earlier, I wonder...if they are still searching, they probably have not found her, IMO...

All that I am getting is a screen with the logo and nothing more. Is it loading for anyone else?

From the press conference: "Search has been in the planning stage for weeks. It is a coincidence that it is the 7th month anniversary. Lots of divers and 9 dogs searching between the two dams. Visibility was fairly good. Water level was lowered to help with the search. Nothing substantial was located. This is not the end. We will continue to look and dive for Ayla."

HLN just said they will show the presser...

Per Mr. McCausland : This area needed to be eliminated ... Coincidental it is the 7 month anniversary ... :waitasec:

Hmmm ...

JMO and MOO ... but I think they have found some items ...

BUT ... Mr. McCausland is NOT going to let those DiPietro's know anything that LE has !

:moo:

Search between 2 rivers. Good diving conditions. Nothing substancial was located. Will con't to look, search and con't to dive.

More from press conference:

“This was an area that needed to be eliminated and this was the day that was chosen. Only coincidental that it occurred on the 7th month after her disappearance. The State Medical Examiner is also a canine handler and that is the reason that he was here today. He wears many hats. There were two types of searcher dogs here today. Some were cadaver dogs.

There was nothing substantial found. We have not specified what we found in April in the search and we aren’t going to do that today. We are not at a dead end. It has been an enormous effort. The investigation will continue until we find her.”

I like that Mr. McCausland. He has Ayla's back and sounds determined to find her.

Read more: http://livewire.wmtw.com/Event/Search_under_way_for_Ayla_Reynolds#ixzz20uZugRNL

The news conference is scheduled to begin momentarily.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:29:23 PM 2:29 PM

13 divers were in the water today looking for clues into Ayla's disappearance, according to Steve McCausland with Maine State Police.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:31:32 PM 2:31 PM

Visibility was good, McCausland says.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:31:39 PM 2:31 PM

The water level in the damn was lowered for the search.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:31:49 PM 2:31 PM

McCausland says nothing substantial was found today.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:32:03 PM 2:32 PM

McCausland said there will be additional searches and dives, but would not say where.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:34:01 PM 2:34 PM

He said they won't announce when the searches will happen.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:34:16 PM 2:34 PM

It's still going on. I'm watching it. @bettina

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:36:16 PM 2:36 PM

Police will not say what items were found in April during a search of the Kennebec River.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:36:45 PM 2:36 PM

McCausland said the search for Ayla is the most extensive done in the state's history. He said the search will not end until Ayla is found.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:38:38 PM 2:38 PM

The news conference has ended.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:39:09 PM 2:39 PM

Again, no new information in the disappearance of Ayla.

by Becky Sawtelle/Staff7/17/2012 7:39:18 PM 2:39 PM

I like that Mr. McCausland. He has Ayla's back and sounds determined to find her.

:rocker: I totally agree !

I think Mr. McCausland has done a :great: great :great: job -- considering what he has had to work with : those DiPietro's and Company ! MOO !

I remember when Ayla first went missing ... it was COLD and SNOWING ... And there was Mr. McCausland holding a presser in the SNOW and LE out there SEARCHING in the COLD and SNOW for Ayla !

:please: for Ayla !

Wow, just logged in and saw the comotion on this thread and my heart dropped to my stomach. I thought that Ayla had been found. I do hope that LE knows something substantial and that someone has told the truth.

Whatever was found in April could have been deliberately discarded items which could be identified as Ayla's but had nothing on them which contained any trace of decomposition. If these items were planted there to mislead LE, then JD and his crew must have had a good laugh at the taxpayer's expense. Those searches are costly, both financially and emotionally. Perhaps more "clues" were planted and are yet to be discovered. As the search for Ayla continues, the pressure to find substantial tangible evidence to warrant charges is going to keep LE on a roller coaster ride.
I worry that the taxpayers are eventually going to reject any more costly searches and say enough is enough, shelve it as a cold case. LE is hampered by the 12 hour abduction timeframe claimed by JD.
Unfortunately, It is possible that Ayla was not disposed of in Waterville. JD and crew had several days to plot a course, and select a place where Ayla would remain hidden for many years, if not forever. I think that they wouldn't have acted in haste and selected a nearby location. They were confident that if there was no body, then nobody could be charged with murder. JD is not highly intelligent, but by using the combined brainpower of others, a clever solution may have been found. It is rather ironic that anyone who even mentally participated in the "final arrangements" is an accessory to murder. No wonder that group is so close-mouthed. The horrific act of covering up a murder has bound them all into a sticky web
IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZ-400_Dumps_PDF
Back