Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hate to go here, but.....was her husband's vehicle parked in the garage?
I would think at 3am it was either outside or in the garage - the brother said they were eating in the garage so maybe outside? He drove it around Monday morning to look for her and report her missing.

JMO - If I were assessed by a family member RE: a threat to myself or others...

1. I would not be relaxed and comfortable; I’d be on guard

2. I would not be completely honest with them

3. I’d tell them what they wanted to hear and be done with it.

I also think it would be very difficult to assess a family member. When it comes to our family, we tend to have rose colored glasses.

Praying she is found safe and sound.

She may have left at 3 am as it would be a time she could slip out unnoticed or have to answer questions if she were.

Also, do we know how close to their house the neighbor's house is with the camera is? When I perused Lufkin through Google Maps, not too many houses had neighbors nearby or across the street. Of course, that could have changed in the past 6 years since the street map was created, but the houses didn't appear to be right on top of each other. I'm wondering if the camera is at the beginning of the road, which would catch everyone's coming and going since it is a dead end. It appears to have an outlet on Steeple Chase. Anyone in the area know the neighborhood? TIA

Then let's just hope he's being honest with LE, telling them that he think she took her own life. If he's making them think she WASN'T feeling that way, I fear that it won't be taken quite as seriously as it needs

It's the double, triple, or quadruple edged sword...
-She hasn't been herself and he has been concerned
-he thought she or they were taking steps to address it and he went to sleep believing things would be ok
-he knows it is possible she took her own life
-he doesn't want LE to rule it suicide and stop looking
-he believes it is possible that she went out for some air or to cool down in the rain and something unexpected happened
-he never thought she was the type of person who would be a threat to herself, yet he can not deny that she hasn't been acting like herself

MOO

I also think it would be very difficult to assess a family member. When it comes to our family, we tend to have rose colored glasses.

Praying she is found safe and sound.

I tend to agree with this. And just a thought given her age, perhaps she was going through some hormonal changes that were exacerbating her anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I know that after I had my son, my hormones were crazy and there times where I just wanted to leave and never come back, leaving everything behind me (I'm good now). So it makes me wonder if it all culminated in a panic attack and she just had to get out and flee. All MOO

I also think it would be very difficult to assess a family member. When it comes to our family, we tend to have rose colored glasses.Praying she is found safe and sound.

My brother pretty much said the same thing (1-3)when we confronted him about his mental issues and possible PTSD from serving in the Gulf war. We knew then it was useless to try to talk him into getting help, because he would snow any therapist. It's really difficult and sad to watch someone spiral deeper and deeper into the grips of mental illness, knowing there is help if they want it.
Not saying this is what happened here, but I can totally relate to what you are saying.

On Thursday morning, Game Wardens and detectives followed up on new, credible information received Wednesday evening of a possible sighting of the North Yarmouth school teacher. They said receiving the information was a surprise, and that they’re hopeful to make progress Thursday toward locating Westra.

Teams of search dogs are also returning to an area behind the Westra home, where MacDonald said brush and trees are so dense in some areas that objects only a few feet away are difficult to spot.

There has been no suggestion so far that Westra got into a vehicle, and all information so far points to her traveling on foot.

Although there is also no indication so far of foul play, detectives are exploring every possibility in their search for Westra.

Missing teacher had anxiety and sought help the day before disappearing, husband says

“Although we’ve remained positive throughout the entire investigation, we’re extremely positive this morning based on this new information we received last evening,” said Cumberland County Sheriff Cpt. Scott Stewart. “I don’t want to get into specifics, but it is credible information and we have resources geared in that direction.”

It sounds to me like they think she's alive!

“Although we’ve remained positive throughout the entire investigation, we’re extremely positive this morning based on this new information we received last evening,” said Cumberland County Sheriff Cpt. Scott Stewart. “I don’t want to get into specifics, but it is credible information and we have resources geared in that direction.”

It sounds to me like they think she's alive!

Here's hoping!!

I tend to agree with this. And just a thought given her age, perhaps she was going through some hormonal changes that were exacerbating her anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I know that after I had my son, my hormones were crazy and there times where I just wanted to leave and never come back, leaving everything behind me (I'm good now). So it makes me wonder if it all culminated in a panic attack and she just had to get out and flee. All MOO

You're so right about the hormone changes. Every woman experiences postpartum and menopause differently. Each can have different symptoms or mental health issues, or some of them, or none at all. It also comes on at different ages (meaning menopause).

Another thing I'm wondering is if she were showing early signs of dementia or early onset Alzheimer's, based on what we've heard about her state of mind.

Something that I just thought of.. probably a stretch, but something to consider -

The main two theories I think most people are tiptoeing around are
1 - she left on her own due to mental distress & possibly intent to self harm
Or
2 - her husband could have disappeared her

Thinking outside the box - if someone other than herself is the reason she is missing, who else could have caused Kristen to disappear other than a spouse? It makes me wonder about the type of work they were having done on their house and who had access to the house out of the norm due to the renovations? The article saying she was having a hard time because she couldn’t come home and curl up with a book (paraphrasing) because of the remodeling made me wonder if that was also possibly because a worker on her house was making her feel uncomfortable.

Idk just something different to add to the mix. I hope she just went somewhere quiet and that the sighting was real and she can come home soon!

Hi Everyone!!
Just saw this on the news and have a few comments-
Has anyone seen any interviews of her husband 'without'
the shaded/dark glasses on? I always like to watch the expressions and especially the eyes when the spouse is
recounting their story.

2) there's an article in MSM that quotes husband as saying
something like "I don't care what people are saying........"
as though locals may be suggesting he's involved. ???

I find him very believable in the interview. However, when he’s talking about he and his daughter going to the grocery store on Sunday, and Kristin went for a run...he kinda acts like he didn’t know that she’d left for a run? He makes a point to say that she was seen on the neighbors surveillance video on a run. So maybe she took her run when he was at the store and not at home?

Maybe I don't relate to suicidal depression but I feel if I were in such a place mentally, the last thing I would be doing is jogging before I plan to kill myself. I am not thinking this is suicide, yet.
There’s no one size fits all, but she may have had an elevated mood and behavior Bc she was at peace with her decision to go through with self harm. I know it sounds weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en