ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 7 p.m. A shooting at a bowling alley in Lewiston, Maine, on Wednesday evening led to “multiple casualties,” according to the authorities. That was followed by reports of a shooting at Schemengees Bar &the Grille, a 12-minute drive away.

Around 8 p.m. The authorities released photos of an armed suspect and urged people to stay inside with their doors locked.

8:30 p.m. Officials in Auburn, the neighboring city, urged residents to shelter in place, lock all doors and report suspicious people.

Just before 9 p.m. The Lewiston police identified Schemengees Bar & Grille as a second shooting location.

Around 9:15 p.m. The Lewiston police released photos of the vehicle they were searching for, a small white car whose front bumper may be painted black.

Around 11 p.m. The police department in Lewiston named Robert R. Card of Bowdoin, Maine, as a person of interest in the shootings, saying that he “should be considered armed and dangerous.”

Around 11:30 p.m. Mr. Sauschuck said that a vehicle of interest had been found in Lisbon, about eight miles from Lewiston. The person of interest remained at large.

After 6 a.m.: Maine’s State Police said it was expanding its shelter-in-place advisory for Lewiston, the state’s second-largest city after Portland, to include the nearby town of Bowdoin.

The shooting was the country's 36th mass killing this year, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University. At least 188 people have died in those killings, which are defined as incidents in which four or more people have died within a 24-hour period, not including the killer — the same definition used by the FBI

Deadliest U.S. mass shootings in modern history​

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Parkland, FL
02/14/2018
ShootingFatalitiesInjuredLocationDate
Las Vegas Strip60544Las Vegas, NV10/1/2017
Pulse nightclub4953Orlando, FL06/12/2016
Virginia Tech3229Blacksburg, VA04/16/2007
Sandy Hook Elementary School272Newtown, CT12/14/2012
First Baptist Church2520Sutherland Springs, TX11/5/2017
Luby's2320Killeen, TX10/16/1991
Walmart2326El Paso, TX08/3/2019
McDonald's2119San Ysidro, CA07/18/1984
Robb Elementary School2117Uvalde05/24/2022
University of Texas1730Austin, TX08/1/1966
How pathetic is it that the United States of America has a list of the worst mass killings --
shame on us!!!!

2002 the DC snipers were killing ppl for 3 weeks before the arrests. Victims were mowing the lawn, pumping gas, shopping, walking across a parking lot. No regard for race, age, man, woman or child.
TG we’ve come a long way with embedded reporters, social media & the public becoming pro active in the hunt.

JMO

The DM haven't mentioned anything about his views on Palestine/Israel as far as I'm aware.
That sounds more like something that started on Twitter.

Can't believe he's still on the run!
It’s in the link below—scroll down past the list/links to other stories where the article continues….

Ten-year-old Zoey Levesque, who was there with her mother, told WMTW-TV she was grazed by a bullet.

"It's scary," she said. "I had never thought I'd grow up and get a bullet in my leg. And it's just like, why? Why do people do this?"

Last edited:
Noting correct name of bowling alley as Just-In-Time Recreation

LEWISTON, Maine —

Gunfire erupted Wednesday inside of a Lewiston, Maine, bowling alley as a children’s bowling league was underway.

At least 20 people are dead and dozens of others are injured following a mass shooting across two locations Wednesday night, including at Just-In-Time Recreation, recently renamed from the Sparetime bowling alley.

Authorities say around 7 p.m., a man opened fire inside the bowling alley on Mollison Way, and later at Schemengees Bar & Grille on Lincoln Street.

Okay, this is above my pay grade so I'm not going to speculate on anything, but it looks like the number of dead went from 22 to 16, which is good. Any other updates on the victims overnight? <modsnip - not an approved source> There is zero accurate info out there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten-year-old Zoey Levesque, who was there with her mother, told WMTW-TV she was grazed by a bullet.

"It's scary," she said. "I had never thought I'd grow up and get a bullet in my leg. And it's just like, why? Why do people do this?"

We're with you Zoey. We ask the same questions. :(

Lewiston is the 565th mass shooting of the year: Gun Violence Archive

The shooting in Lewiston is mass shooting No. 565 of the year, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

It's also the deadliest.

Although a final death toll has yet to be reported, with an expected 15 to 20 people killed, this is already the most fatalities this year for a mass shooting event.

Hmmm I was certain we’d read in the coming days that he’d be found deceased having gone the route many of these mass killers do after their crimes. This possibility is scary to say the least.
Seems like the question is how patient and driven is he? Will he sleep and then wake up to continue the rampage until stopped? He certainly doesn't plan to blend back into society, imo, so the plan seems to be either ending himself or keep shooting others.

How extensive is his plan?

I'm patiently awaiting news that he's been found and I'm resisting rumors that make the situation more muddled and disturbing.

jmo

We have a scanner haven’t used it in years, police here changed frequency hard to track.
Wonder if he has one, seems to be a step ahead.

Jmo
I'm glad they went to encrypted channels because it was causing a lot of grief for them. Everyone was listening to their chatter and making speculations and I honestly think it jeopardized tracking him.

Around 7 p.m. A shooting at a bowling alley in Lewiston, Maine, on Wednesday evening led to “multiple casualties,” according to the authorities. That was followed by reports of a shooting at Schemengees Bar &the Grille, a 12-minute drive away.

Around 8 p.m. The authorities released photos of an armed suspect and urged people to stay inside with their doors locked.

8:30 p.m. Officials in Auburn, the neighboring city, urged residents to shelter in place, lock all doors and report suspicious people.

Just before 9 p.m. The Lewiston police identified Schemengees Bar & Grille as a second shooting location.

Around 9:15 p.m. The Lewiston police released photos of the vehicle they were searching for, a small white car whose front bumper may be painted black.

Around 11 p.m. The police department in Lewiston named Robert R. Card of Bowdoin, Maine, as a person of interest in the shootings, saying that he “should be considered armed and dangerous.”

Around 11:30 p.m. Mr. Sauschuck said that a vehicle of interest had been found in Lisbon, about eight miles from Lewiston. The person of interest remained at large.

After 6 a.m.: Maine’s State Police said it was expanding its shelter-in-place advisory for Lewiston, the state’s second-largest city after Portland, to include the nearby town of Bowdoin.

The shooting was the country's 36th mass killing this year, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University. At least 188 people have died in those killings, which are defined as incidents in which four or more people have died within a 24-hour period, not including the killer — the same definition used by the FBI

Deadliest U.S. mass shootings in modern history​

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Parkland, FL
02/14/2018
ShootingFatalitiesInjuredLocationDate
Las Vegas Strip60544Las Vegas, NV10/1/2017
Pulse nightclub4953Orlando, FL06/12/2016
Virginia Tech3229Blacksburg, VA04/16/2007
Sandy Hook Elementary School272Newtown, CT12/14/2012
First Baptist Church2520Sutherland Springs, TX11/5/2017
Luby's2320Killeen, TX10/16/1991
Walmart2326El Paso, TX08/3/2019
McDonald's2119San Ysidro, CA07/18/1984
Robb Elementary School2117Uvalde05/24/2022
University of Texas1730Austin, TX08/1/1966
The worst bit about thar list is how bog standard, ordinary places they are. You should be able to do your shopping, go to school and grab a mcdonalds without being caught up in a mass shooting that makes it on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay