ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re almost always right but I think they’ll find him in the woods or perhaps the water, dead by his own hand. Have we ever seen someone who killed so many people so indisciminantly go dormant only to appear many hours or days later to kill again? The closest I can recall is Andrew Cunanan, the guy who in 2010(?) killed 5 people across several states over several months ending w/Versace in Miami. But his victims were targeted in advance or killed to facilitate his escape.

If he’s not dead and continues his spree, I suspect it’ll happen many miles away at some pre-determined location that holds meaning to him.

Gabriel Wortman in Nova Scotia killed and burned down victims houses at night, slept and then carried on the next day until he was shot at a gas station.22 killed.

Just catching up on this horrific event.

I hope he is caught ASAP - to any members in the area I hope that you stay safe.

From the press conference most the fatalities were male - do we presume from this that he actively targeted males? Or were there just more men in these places at the time

Last edited:
it’ll be close to 80 here in Boston today so probably about the same in ME. Next week we have some days expected to be in the 40’s. The weather in New England is pretty fickle and not much bothers us in terms of cold so hard to say if weather would be a deterrent for someone

Lewiston today’s high is 70 low of 51

NOW: VICTIM UPDATE

Dr. John Alexander, Chief of Central Main Health Care will be giving an update

Thoughts and prayers for those impacted by this tragedyHeroic efforts from team members who are providing compassionate care Challenges: Speed which teams needed to act

First patient: 7:24pmReceived 14 patients3 patients were deceased2 were discharged home1 taken to Main Medical Center1 Taken to St. Mary's

5 in stable condition

3 in critical condition

No comment on gender, age, nature of injuries

Central Maine is a level three trauma center. 25 team members were on hand at ER when first patient came in. By 14th patient, that number ballooned to 50-60 care providers.

All patients brought in by ambulance or first responders.

No idea how credible this guy is but I question the judgment of anyone who goes on tv to call a local at-large mass shooter and his family a clan of compound-living, gun-happy right wing fanatics.
Seems opportunistic to me.
ETA: Especially the part about the infant. Just unnecessary and struck me as someone who wanted to report it first.
JMO.

Last edited:
You’re almost always right but I think they’ll find him in the woods or perhaps the water, dead by his own hand. Have we ever seen someone who killed so many people so indisciminantly go dormant only to appear many hours or days later to kill again? The closest I can recall is Andrew Cunanan, the guy who in 2010(?) killed 5 people across several states over several months ending w/Versace in Miami. But his victims were targeted in advance or killed to facilitate his escape.

If he’s not dead and continues his spree, I suspect it’ll happen many miles away at some pre-determined location that holds meaning to him.

There was also the D.C. Sniper Attacks (2 snipers):

The D.C. sniper attacks (also known as the Beltway sniper attacks) were a series of coordinated shootings that occurred during three weeks in October 2002 throughout the Washington metropolitan area, consisting of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, and preliminary shootings, that consisted of murders and robberies in several states, and lasted for six months starting in February 2002. Seven people were killed and seven others were injured in the preliminary shootings, and ten people were killed and three others were critically wounded in the October shootings.[1] In total, the snipers killed 17 people and wounded 10 others in a 10-month span.[2]

In my state, if the hospitalization was voluntary and no charges were filed, the guns can be legally kept. They are only taken away if there is an involuntary psychiatric hospitalization and/or certain charges filed.
He threatened to shoot up the National Guard Base, you would think that charges would be filed but I guess they weren't. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay