ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’ll be close to 80 here in Boston today so probably about the same in ME. Next week we have some days expected to be in the 40’s. The weather in New England is pretty fickle and not much bothers us in terms of cold so hard to say if weather would be a deterrent for someone

The more I think about this I wonder if the car was a plant even before the events. If a jet ski were involved wouldn’t there have been a trailer for it attached to the car?
Not if he left it anchored or docked in the water somewhere ahead of time?

I think he’s gotta still be alive, as he apparently switched vehicles. Out of all the mass shootings I’ve followed, this is the strangest and perhaps scariest.

This typically ends quickly, and ends one of three ways.

-The killer is confronted, and kills himself.

-The killer engages law enforcement, and is shot dead.

-The killer surrenders.

Any way you slice it, these guys don’t plan on getting away with it. It appears that this guy did have a plan to at least extend this, to what end, who knows.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any mass shooting in recent memory that has gone on this long without a resolution. He’s taken advantage of his rural surroundings, training, and planning, it appears.

There’s an expert shooter on the loose, and they’d better catch him before there’s a round two (those pockets looked heavy in those photos). Hopefully he’s still close by, so he doesn’t get that chance.
Nova Scotia, April 2020. Took 2 days to catch and kill him. He had a fake police vehicle.

Wouldn't also be very cold to operate a jet ski at this time of year in Maine? Wouldn't he have to be wearing a wetsuit or something? Also dark at night.
You really don't get that wet on a jet ski if you don't want to. I live in northern NY and it's novel for people to take their jet skis out at Christmas time if there's no ice just for fun. If they will be on them a while, they might wear a wet suit.

The darkness could be a problem more than the cold. Under a full moon, you'd probably be ok, as long as there weren't a lot of obstacles like wood or something in the water.

CNN now reporting that he was transported to the military hospital in July, after it was noticed that he was acting erratically.
So he didn't voluntarily reach out for mental health treatment. But, dang, only two weeks inpatient for something that disturbing? Someone dropped the ball.
Also, they're still referring to him as a firearms instructor.
So much coming out quickly, it's hard to keep track, and really hard to determine what is fact and what isn't.
Wondering why we haven't seen anything from family, friends, co-workers yet.
JMO.

It strikes me that one way to maintain and support mental health is to have hobbies, physical activity, social encounters, connections with family. That is EXACTLY what the townspeople were doing last evening by bowling together and socializing at a gathering hole.

I have no comment about that, just an observation and perhaps a plea not to let the bad people ruin everything good. Hold fast.

jmo

Don’t know if this has been posted yet, but it is the family speaking out and a slightly different take on this horrible tragedy.

A couple of takeaways that I got from that article:
-He may still be carrying his cell phone in which case, LE may be tracking his location
-The family seems to know of other sites that distressed him, so I am sure LE is aware of that
-He does not seem to be driven by right wing politics or international affairs

CNN now reporting that he was transported to the military hospital in July, after it was noticed that he was acting erratically.
So he didn't voluntarily reach out for mental health treatment. But, dang, only two weeks inpatient for something that disturbing? Someone dropped the ball.
Also, they're still referring to him as a firearms instructor.
So much coming out quickly, it's hard to keep track, and really hard to determine what is fact and what isn't.
Wondering why we haven't seen anything from family, friends, co-workers yet.
JMO.
They can only keep someone in hospital until they are no longer a threat to themselves/others. Once they are stabilized, they are released. They go off their meds and then start acting erratically. It's a cycle that continues all the time. No they can not be kept in hospital indefinitely. Sanitoriums are from the past, not in the present or future. No, they can not be forced to take medications. All these are rights that everyone has. People are allowed to only take meds that they want, not necessarily what they need. Also there is no place besides prison/jail where you can keep someone "locked away" And even then, he didn't act on his thoughts, until now.

So if they have him on camera crossing into MA, does that mean he's in a vehicle? Where's the description of this vehicle?
Possibly. Other possibilities: his cell phone pinged for a moment in MA, someone reported a possible sighting or someone who knows him suggested he may be headed there for some speculated reason.

Can you summarize? Looks like you need to register to read the article. tia
Sorry, I didn’t realize the Daily Beast was a register only site, I see it all the time w/o

Sister in law speaks out that Card started having problems when he started wearing high powered hearing aids and began believing he was hearing people insulting him at specific locations, including the two that he shot people at last night. She says he was a good person previously, and that his mental health issues were only recent, in the past several months. They would tell him the voices weren’t real, but he would get “mad”. the family is texting him telling him that he needs to own up and surrender and that they will get through this as a family. After reading it, I get the sense that he is a paranoid schizophrenic, BUT I AM NOT A PSYCHIATRIST
also, I added some points of interest to the search in my original post.

Why on earth was he allowed to keep his guns after threatening to shoot up the National Giard Base and hearing voices? Committed to a mental health facility for only 2 weeks just this summer.

GREAT QUESTION! I thought you could be ARRESTED for threatening to shoot up THE NATIONAL GUARD BASE.
Have the laws changed to just IGNORE these types of threats now?

Sorry, I didn’t realize the Daily Beast was a register only site, I see it all the time w/o

Sister in law speaks out that Card started having problems when he started wearing high powered hearing aids and began believing he was hearing people insulting him at specific locations, including the two that he shot people at last night. She says he was a good person previously, and that his mental health issues were only recent, in the past several months. They would tell him the voices weren’t real, but he would get “mad”. the family is texting him telling him that he needs to own up and surrender and that they will get through this as a family.
also, I added some points of interest to the search in my original post.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members