ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is definitely a statistically proven profile with these domestic terrorists and that’s pretty much it …so it’s not a reach but I agree that neighbor statements are not always the best, nor are they objective
If I was having to shelter in place while LE are trying to locate a mentally deranged mass murderer, I doubt I would be objective, either.

JMO

Mass Murder in Maine Robert Card | Profiling Evil

Oct 26, 2023
Will police capture Robert Card who is allegedly the Maine Mass Murderer? Lewiston and state police seek the killer who murdered. St. Mary's Health System, Massachusetts General Hospital, Schemengees, Just-in-Time bowling. Mass Murder in Maine Robert Card | Profiling Evil

ETA: Mike King spends the first few minutes explaining how much false info was reported last night and earlier this AM including info on the police bulletin! Good to start over with a clean slate.

The boat dock is very interesting in that he could have made the Atlantic in a short amount of time.

Last edited:
I feel like this interview was totally irresponsible. Did they vet this neighbor? His statements are so inconsistent with the sister's statement. Sure, you'd expect the family to have a different point of view but something about this interview just felt off to me. Anyone else have that reaction?
100%

I see SWAT teams do this on On Patrol: Live all the time — talk to the suspect on a loudspeaker as if they know the person is inside. 9/10 times (unless a witness or LE physically saw the suspect enter the property) the suspect isn’t there.
If they have credible information that the suspect is inside they usually send the CINT team. Speaking as a wife of a former SWAT and CINT team member. JMO

If I was having to shelter in place while LE are trying to locate a mentally deranged mass murderer, I doubt I would be objective, either.

JMO
Agreed but we cannot assume political reasoning for these murders based on a neighbor’s opinion. That said, I totally think these murders DO carry a heavily political agenda mixed with mental illness. But I will wait for LE to say so.

Agreed but we cannot assume political reasoning for these murders based on a neighbor’s opinion. That said, I totally think these murders DO carry a heavily political agenda mixed with mental illness. But I will wait for LE to say so.
I think the mental illness aspect has already been addressed by LE during their pressers and the political aspect has surfaced within MSM as belonging to a fringe element which, unfortunately, is fervent on both sides of the political aisles. IMO JMO

The impression I got from the story about his "writings" is that LE are very concerned he may have a "political" enemy hit list and that's where he's headed next.

JMO

I think the mental illness aspect has already been addressed by LE during their pressers and the political aspect has surfaced within MSM as belonging to a fringe element which, unfortunately, is fervent on both sides of the political aisles. IMO JMO
Well, in that case, with MSM and LE confirming, I am totally unsurprised by the sort of person this killer is nor the type of person he admires.

I simply wanted to wait until it was public knowledge before jumping on.

Guy talking now says it's extremely rare that a mass shooter gets away, and that such a killer will feel that his end game was achieved when he shot and killed all those people. He would know that he's going to die, whether though suicide or by LE.

I don't know in this case.....guy is psychotic and delusional so who knows what he is thinking or possibly planning, if he's still alive.

Guy talking now says it's extremely rare that a mass shooter gets away, and that such a killer will feel that his end game was achieved when he shot and killed all those people. He would know that he's going to die, whether though suicide or by LE.

I don't know in this case.....guy is psychotic and delusional so who knows what he is thinking or possibly planning, if he's still alive.

I've been wondering - what if he had friends who helped him get away? He did have friends according to neighbors, a group he hung out with, hunted with. Did he have any friends in the Army Reserves who might help him? I hope the FBI and DHS are looking into his communications with them.

Sadly we have so much empirical evidence with which to form educated opinions, and yet this guy might prove that wisdom wrong.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members