ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering - what if he had friends who helped him get away? He did have friends according to neighbors, a group he hung out with, hunted with. Did he have any friends in the Army Reserves who might help him? I hope the FBI and DHS are looking into his communications with them.
I really think he offed himself. But again, I have nothing to support that. Just my gut.

The impression I got from the story about his "writings" is that LE are very concerned he may have a "political" enemy hit list and that's where he's headed next.

JMO

Wouldn't be surprised at this. FBI has been keeping an eye on these types for quite a while, esp. their online activity. JMO, the politicians are pretty well protected these days. It's innocent citizens and LE who are at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

What kind of monster goes into a bar to shoot a group of deaf men playing a game and having fun?

ETA: A cowardly one, I guess.

Sadly we have so much empirical evidence with which to form educated opinions, and yet this guy might prove that wisdom wrong.

<modsnip>

In the NS shootings the authorities believed the killer had likely taken his life when there was a lull in the killings. It turned out that he had found a place to sleep. He regrouped and continued on with the spree on day two until the police stopped him.

Just doing their "due diligence" to me sounds like they didn't really think he was there, but needed to check.

300+ officers on the scene…I’m wondering if this was to make him think they had no meads but they are searching the river where his vehicle was abandoned? Lot of contradictory info. Voices he was hearing reportedly was his friends saying bad things about him. Friends told him that they didn’t say bad things. Here’s an article with a fair amount of details…they think he may be looking for an ex girlfriend or political figures.

Wouldn't be surprised at this. FBI has been keeping an eye on these types for quite a while, esp. their online activity. JMO, the politicians are pretty well protected these days. It's innocent citizens and LE who are at risk.
It is yet another tragic reminder how important it is to vote and how important red flag laws are to public safety.

JMO

Along with hunting for Card on land, authorities are also searching on water.

On Thursday morning, the Coast Guard sent a patrol boat out along the Kennebec River. A Coast Guard officer told the AP they had no direct intelligence that suggested Card may have tried to escape by boat but were "just doing our due diligence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper