ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're instructing him and any others who may be in the house via loudspeaker.
Former FBI Swat Team member on CNN: LE must treat this as if RC is in the house. They have time.
(My anxiety is spiking)
I see SWAT teams do this on On Patrol: Live all the time — talk to the suspect on a loudspeaker as if they know the person is inside. 9/10 times (unless a witness or LE physically saw the suspect enter the property) the suspect isn’t there.

Suspect consumed 'conspiratorial' content online, investigation finds​

Information provided to law enforcement shows that Robert Card appears to have "interacted with conspiratorial content" online.

Topics he engaged with included, but were not limited to, concerns about a financial crisis/stock market, LGBTQ+ issues, gun rights and commentary about Democratic public officials, including President Joe Biden.

It remains unknown whether any of his social media usage played any role in the suspect's decision to go on his rampage Wednesday night.

Law enforcement has not determined the motive, but they are looking into several aspects of the suspect's life, including his writings and history of mental health problems.

I feel like this interview was totally irresponsible. Did they vet this neighbor? His statements are so inconsistent with the sister's statement. Sure, you'd expect the family to have a different point of view but something about this interview just felt off to me. Anyone else have that reaction?

How awful if RC has a child.
To do this to his family.
Wonder if his relatives had tried to warn anyone , and still it wasn't enough to stop RC ?
Omo.
His family warned LE and the military of his mental instability.

JMO

The family of the Army reservist accused of fatally shooting more than a dozen people in Lewiston, Maine, alerted police and military officials that he was experiencing an “acute” mental health episode before the Wednesday night massacre, the suspect’s sister-in-law said.

Robert Card, 40, a firearms instructor and longtime member of the Army Reserve, began to hear voices that were saying “horrible” things about him a couple of months ago when he was fitted for high-powered hearing aids, according to Katie Card, who is married to his brother.

Follow along for live coverage

I feel like this interview was totally irresponsible. Did they vet this neighbor? His statements are so inconsistent with the sister's statement. Sure, you'd expect the family to have a different point of view but something about this interview just felt off to me. Anyone else have that reaction?
But there is definitely a statistically proven profile with these domestic terrorists and that’s pretty much it …so it’s not a reach but I agree that neighbor statements are not always the best, nor are they objective

I said earlier that he seems like an opportunist. Attention seeking for whatever reason, especially with regard to the infant. If there was a baby, I would imagine that the babies parents/loved ones are horrified by this interview. The hunting thing, I live in a rural area of GA where hunting season is a huge deal. If you bag a deer, you're going to "celebrate".
(I don't like hunting season one bit)
JMO

Since this guy has grown up knowing him for many, many years, its probably fairly accurate about the killer's behavior. When he was a kid, his parents warned him to avoid the killer when he saw him in town. It was common knowledge.

This is a guy who went into a bowling alley while a little kid's league was bowling. He shot them. He's not a good person and that was probably obvious to people in the community for many years.

It's also interesting to hear he had friends who he hung out with who had similar "tastes" and hobbies. I hope LE is closely questioning and watching them. It's possible they might be hiding him or helped him escape.

JMO

ETA: FBI, Dept Homeland Security, etc. will be going through his digital activity, including internet, texts, etc. They'll find out. In addition, I watched an interview earlier on CNN with a sister of the woman murdered at the bowling alley. She was there bowling with her sister. She said there was a kids bowling league there that night, I think she said 11 year old children.

Since this guy has grown up knowing him for many, many years, its probably fairly accurate about the killer's behavior. When he was a kid, his parents warned him to avoid the killer when he saw him in town. It was common knowledge.

This is a guy who went into a bowling alley while a little kid's league was bowling. He shot them. He's not a good person and that was probably obvious to people in the community for many years.

It's also interesting to hear he had friends who he hung out with who had similar "tastes" and hobbies. I hope LE is closely questioning and watching them. It's possible they might be hiding him or helped him escape.

JMO

ETA: FBI, Dept Homeland Security, etc. will be going through his digital activity, including internet, texts, etc. They'll find out.
Very good points. I think I would have more confidence in him if he were a similar age to the shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother