ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boat landing. Reporter on abc just said that Card's car was found abandoned by a boat landing.
I didn't know that till now.

Did he take a boat, did he go into the water to drown himself?

I hope the latter. I wonder how close that landing was to the woods around his house. I hope LE is looking for evidence of someone else helping him. Tire tracks at the landing, etc. Check video, etc. I know they were doing that earlier.

I have to travel down south this weekend and I really don't want to.

Along with hunting for Card on land, authorities are also searching on water.

On Thursday morning, the Coast Guard sent a patrol boat out along the Kennebec River. A Coast Guard officer told the AP they had no direct intelligence that suggested Card may have tried to escape by boat but were "just doing our due diligence."
Again I ask … what kind of boat did he own, where was it docked or stored, is it missing, and why are they not publishing photos of his or a similar boat for the public to look out for?

Thanks everyone for links, I found these two as well:

Card's cousin, Michael Mercier, told WBZ-TV Card has "a lot going on in his head."

"He's got a lot of problems up in his head right now, one of them is a schizophrenic," Mercier said.

Hmm.

A family member of Robert Card—the man accused of killing 18 people and injuring 13 more during a multi-location mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine, on Wednesday—said the family warned police Card was experiencing an “acute” mental health episode before Wednesday’s shooting.
Katie Card said her brother-in-law was experiencing a “manic” belief that everyone was against him—despite his family’ attempt to convince him otherwise.

When Katie Card’s husband reached out to the Army, she said they went “back and forth” and “were following up on it, too” but did not specify exactly what that meant.
Red emphasis mine.

Wonder what happened during the 'follow up' ?
Omo.

Last edited:

What kind of monster goes into a bar to shoot a group of deaf men playing a game and having fun?

ETA: A cowardly one, I guess.
It cannot be a coincidence that he started hearing things when he got these high powered hearing aids and several of the victims were part of the deaf community. They had to be known to the shooter, right? Too big of a coincidence that he just happened to recently need hearing aids and ended up shooting a group of deaf people.

It cannot be a coincidence that he started hearing things when he got these high powered hearing aids and several of the victims were part of the deaf community. They had to be known to the shooter, right? Too big of a coincidence that he just happened to recently need hearing aids and ended up shooting a group of deaf people.
What? I seriously don’t understand. Links?

The Coast Guard is now using a response vessel dispatched from Boothbay Harbor, Maine, and a fixed-wing aircraft from Cape Cod, Massachusetts, to search the waterways for Card, who is believed to be in a 15-foot lake boat. The search is focused on the northern shore of the waterway.

According to a Maine law enforcement bulletin seen by CBS News, Card has a 2022 Yamaha motorcycle and a 2019 Sea-Doo green boat registered in his name, in addition to the white Subaru. It's not clear if the Sea-Doo boat is the same boat that Card is believed to be in.

I had the very same thought- I have a deaf daughter and a CODA grandson this hits hard- The deaf community is tight they said he went to that bar often- only makes sense that he knows who would be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper