ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about opening day tomorrow.

October 28th opening day for Maine residents.. firearms.

So a man hiding in the woods with a gun possibly in cammo would not stand out. He could blend right in and possibly get away or more around because many people will be in the woods, with rifles, in cammo, face coverings, bundled up, etc.

I wonder if they can close those woods in the area they think he could be in? I know people will be more vigilant because everyone should know they are looking for him by now, but they also will be at risk because if he thinks he's likely to be caught, he could start "hunting" the hunters. :(

Was he deaf and if he was had he always been or was this something recent?

He could have lost his hearing by shooting guns without ear protection. But why he thought everyone was criticizing him is another story.

He could have lost his hearing by shooting guns without ear protection. But why he thought everyone was criticizing him is another story.
I don't get it either. Not only am I worried about hunters who are going to be going out, but in 4 days we have Halloween. I'm assuming if they haven't found him by then, trick or treating will be delayed for safety.

My mother recently got hearing aids, she loves them, however I do remember that when she first got them she talked about how tired she was and how deep she slept at night when she took them out. I thought it was probably her body's way of adjusting to them. That's why I am curious about his situation.

Video from the 364th Expeditionary Sustainment Command (ESC) in Marysville, WA:

I keep thinking about opening day tomorrow.

October 28th opening day for Maine residents.. firearms.

So a man hiding in the woods with a gun possibly in cammo would not stand out. He could blend right in and possibly get away or more around because many people will be in the woods, with rifles, in cammo, face coverings, bundled up, etc.

I wonder if they can close those woods in the area they think he could be in? I know people will be more vigilant because everyone should know they are looking for him by now, but they also will be at risk because if he thinks he's likely to be caught, he could start "hunting" the hunters. :(
Great point. I was also thinking about Halloween being next Tuesday - and maybe cancelling until he is caught if he has not been located by then. Jmo

The towns in the area are fairly closed down. This was done after the Boston bombing and it did help in catching the men. Even LLBean is closed in Freeport. That's never closed, it's open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The UMaine system all the way up to Bangor is closed.

My guess would be, that this man is already deceased somewhere, in a location he's very familiar with.
It's not as if you can do something like this and just move away, find a new job and start over.

jmo

i think you're probably right, but then again i was surprised that the PA prison escapee was found alive so you never know

"A white Subaru Outback registered to Card was found Wednesday night near a boat launch by the Androscoggin River. A weapon was found in the car, but it's not clear yet if it's connected to the attacks. To help in the water search Friday, authorities have slowed the current and lowered the levels in the river by controlling a nearby dam.

"The river is a big piece of this. The car was located there, evidence is located in the vehicle or right there along the shores," Sauschuck said.

He added that they will continually re-evaluate the shelter in place orders in Lewiston, Bowdoin, Lisbon, and Auburn, Maine."

they keep saying that a weapon was found in the Subaru- the weapon or another weapon? Hard to believe that he would leave any weapon behind if he were going to stay on the run or try another attack. LE seems to be thinking about letting the populace out, IMO.

My guess would be, that this man is already deceased somewhere, in a location he's very familiar with.
It's not as if you can do something like this and just move away, find a new job and start over.

jmo
I wonder if there was some detail in the suicide note he wrote his son and that's why there was a decision to search the water for a body.

I hope this is it, but as others have said people are sighting in their guns right now for tomorrows opening day. I think what used to be just background noise for most is not alarming and everyone will be calling in these gunshot calls, when it's likely most are just those hunters getting ready for tomorrow. Ugh it's just the worst time (not that ANY time is a good time for a mass shooting) for this to have happened because plenty of people will be legally getting their guns ready for opening day and in the woods with guns tomorrow. I'd imagine the police are going to be fielding so many calls for people concerned about hearing gunshots or seeing someone with a gun.
I wish locals would wait to go into the woods until this manhunt is resolved. The last thing they need is more victims IMO. :(
Isn't there still a "shelter in place" advisory for the community or has it been cancelled?

I imagine Halloween is going to be a "no-go" this year. Just too dangerous. I wonder how long the community will stay in "lock down"?

So frightening. Is it safe to go to the store? Knowing that a crazy criminal, with nothing to lose, could be lurking, waiting for an opportunity to do a quick car jacking for a getaway?!

I still think that he is hunkered down in a summer cabin somewhere in the vicinity. But, who knows?!

I wish locals would wait to go into the woods until this manhunt is resolved. The last thing they need is more victims IMO. :(
Isn't there still a "shelter in place" advisory for the community or has it been cancelled?
The shelter in place is still in effect, and includes the neighboring towns, north Sagadahoc county, and Androscroggin county. It's not only about more victims, but the less people out there the easier it is to find a person. If hundreds of people go out into the woods, RC could easily blend in.

Due to the events prior to the killings, the length of time of this search, the suicide note, and the location of the car, I believe it is highly likely has has taken his life.

The one counter is the timing and location of the phone.

We are very likely in the recovery stage of this event.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

I imagine Halloween is going to be a "no-go" this year. Just too dangerous. I wonder how long the community will stay in "lock down"?

So frightening. Is it safe to go to the store? Knowing that a crazy criminal, with nothing to lose, could be lurking, waiting for an opportunity to do a quick car jacking for a getaway?!

I still think that he is hunkered down in a summer cabin somewhere in the vicinity. But, who knows?!
I don't even know where the locals would go to shop. The Hannaford is closed (local grocery chain). Walmart is closed too. I don't even know if gas stations are open right now.

as per Google a bunch of holiday events cancelled Saturday... not sure if the source is MSM and postable - parade, trick or treat, dance, etc.

WGME has some live reporting

Due to the events prior to the killings, the length of time of this search, the suicide note, and the location of the car, I believe it is highly likely has has taken his life.

The one counter is the timing and location of the phone.

We are very likely in the recovery stage of this event.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
I agree, but for me the fact that the Coast Guard is (or was) searching waterways is odd. Is it a fact that his boat is missing? Would he have hidden it somewhere just to throw them off a suicide trail?

not cancelled... they are talking about it and talking with Fish & Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members