Media Coverage/Reports~DISCUSSION~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I only mention it because I remember seeing this guy:
GRIFFIS CHAD VERNON - (8/5/1979)
and I thought that would make "our" chad a little older than I thought he was. I figured him between 23-25, but this guy is 30. I wonder if this is him tho because there was a whole bunch of stuff I discounted thinking it wasn't our Chad.

Age matches up with his Myspace age (29), so I think it's him..

I missed a few minutes of JVM but from what I gather she didn't have as much coverage tonight as previous nights. Prior to that HLN didn't really talk about Haleigh.

Tonight NG isn't focusing on her. Haven't heard anything really.

I'm concerned.

I hear ya Kat! I was like WHAT!? After we been working our tails off all day sleuthin this!! LOL

Ah and I am still not done.

I missed a few minutes of JVM but from what I gather she didn't have as much coverage tonight as previous nights. Prior to that HLN didn't really talk about Haleigh.

Tonight NG isn't focusing on her. Haven't heard anything really.

I'm concerned.

Kat, I was sitting here thinking how odd the lack of media has been tonight. JVM didn't have much, talked mostly about Ron's drug record stuff, touched very briefly on $4000 support issue. I thought there would have been more tonight. It feels "eerie".

It is frightening to see the coverage slowing down. I think if I were an innocent party to all of this, whether it be a parent, aunt, cousin, anything!.....I would have to go out and either spew some major dirt on myself, or someone, even if it meant getting my hiney whooped by the ex's family, just to keep the baby's face and name in the headlines.

According to CBS47 media coverage is waining. They said most of the media has pulled out of the area including the Orlando stations.

Clink on video labeled: Search for Haleigh-Media Coverage
at http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/local.aspx

I really hate to see this story just fade away. Haleigh needs to be found!

I think the best thing we can do to keep this story in the news is to go to those various sites and read any Haleigh articles, watch the film clips and do searches on Haleigh Cummings as much as we can. I think most sites look for the stories that get the most hits and hopefully will continue coverage in there is a large enough interest.

There was also no coverage in the Orlando Sentinel,which has had it everyday.You know being LE is not talking and Ronald has stopped talking if this isn't what LE wants,to do what they have to do without Media everywhere watching thier every move.Maybe if they have suspects,they want them to get thier guard down,or even give the abductor a chance to drop her off somewhere and feel he won't be seen as much.

This doesn't surprise me between LE being so tight lipped to them canceling pressers. Why stay there if nothing is being told?

I wonder how all this will affect the family members. I'm sure seeing the media leaving is very disappointing to them.

Well, I hate to say it, but LE is not holding any pressers and will not answer any questions when they do.

Little Haleigh's name and face needs to continue to stay on national TV every day. Hopefully NG will stay on the case.

Well, I hate to say it, but LE is not holding any pressers and will not answer any questions when they do.

Little Haleigh's name and face needs to continue to stay on national TV every day. Hopefully NG will stay on the case.

I hope Nancy stays on this case too but if there is no news she probably won't. In Caylee's case it seems there was always something going on with the family and Nancy stuck with that case like a dog with a bone. I hope she at least mentions little Haleigh every night if nothing else. I'm sure there are other cases that she could cover too. I know she covered the little boy that is missing but then that stopped with nothing new about him.

If I were in Ron's shoes I would just be so frantic that I wouldn't know what to do. It's not just the media leaving...it is that LE aren't doing any physical searches anymore either. Where is that little girl?????? There must be a clue somewhere.

JVM was all over the case tonight. She had 6 TH's in a split screen, including Ron's pastor. She was pushing the case hard, didn't seem like she was giving up at all. Also took a call from Ron's sis Crystal. JVM is really on the Ron being a CI theory, which Ron's sis says is not true and the pastor pretty much agreed with her. Oops sorry to go a bit off topic...

I just posted in the media leaving town thread. I thought JVM was pretty all over this story even though there isn't anything new from LE. I guess you all disagree. Oh well...

Maybe all of the media are stepping away hoping LE will see and give them something to bring them back.

Nothing being covered in PA. on Haleigh or Caylee.
We are hearing more of 14 year old California girl last night
from big stations .
Local 11 year old that killed dad's girlfriend. It's all oer news here.

This is so sad. I knew this was going to happen after watching a couple of LE pressers and they answered every question with "that relates directly to the case, not getting into that".

Well LE must not believe that she was abducted because you need the public to keep watching for her so...........I'd say LE must think this was an inside job.? right? moo

It breaks my heart that the local media is packing up but I honestly cannot blame them. Their jobs, as reporters, is to report a story. If there is nothing to report, why waste their time. I really do like NG...don't look at me that way ;)...but I think she will quit discussing Haleigh soon too. Just look at how upset we would get during the pressers when they would tell us absolutely nothing, the journalists/reporters surely felt the same!

How sad. Poor Haleigh. Why won't LE just give a little info? I don't get it. It's been 3 weeks now and nobody has anything...it's frustrating.

I think the media- especially that local to Orlando has gotten spoiled by the constant insanity related to the Caylee case.

What we are seeing with Haleigh is a more realistic representation of the aftermath of a missing child.

A family- or families just trying hard to put one foot in front of the other and hoping for the return of their baby.

Although there is alot of back story, the specifics of the case are not as tabloid friendly as Caylee and the Anthony family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back