Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Garridos, Dugard 'acted as a family,' defense lawyer says
February 6, 2010
<snipped>
The Northern California couple charged with abducting and raping Jaycee Lee Dugard from South Lake Tahoe in 1991 are parental figures in a close, caring family who deserve in-jail visits with each other, a defense attorney said Friday.

"What I'm saying is they raised these kids as their kids, and whatever decision they make with how they are going to proceed in this case, whether they go to trial or don't go to trial, is going to affect these kids," Gellman said.

In her court filing, Gellman said the Garridos are allowed outside of their cells for an hour a day. They remain shackled and handcuffed and have only been visited by their lawyers.
She contended they do not pose a security risk and are entitled to receive the same two-weekly visits as other pretrial detainees.

Gellman also is asking an El Dorado County judge to force the district attorney to turn over photographs of Dugard's daughters and videos of interviews the three have given to authorities.

Dugard had been represented by McGregor Scott, a former U.S. attorney in Sacramento, but he is no longer handling her case "We want the district attorney to tell us where she is or give us somebody to talk to so we can talk to her, but we can't compel her to," Tapson said. "She can tell us to pound sand."

Article:
http://www.rgj.com/article/20100206/NEWS/2060342/1321/news

By Jeanine Benca and Caterina Mellinger
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 02/05/2010 07:07:22 PM PST
Updated: 02/06/2010 06:50:33 AM PST
Kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard and her children have relocated to a safe, private location in a rural part of the East Bay, within driving distance of the house near Antioch where Dugard was kept most of her life, according to sources who have been helping the family.
For the past four months, donations from East Bay Fellowship — a Danville church whose leaders have a background helping victims of human trafficking — have been used to pay the rent on Dugard's new home, said East Bay Fellowship Associate Pastor Mari Hanes.
Though the church has offered to pay rent for a year, the family is in dire need of financial support, Hanes said Friday.
In California, the most any abduction victim ever receives in financial aid from the state is $2,000, she said.
Media attention does not always translate into money for the victim, either.
"People think once your name is out there you get paid — but unless you have (attorneys) to broker a deal for you, that's really not the case," Hanes said.
In October, Dugard — who was kidnapped in 1991 in South Lake Tahoe and found alive in August at the home of suspected kidnapper Phillip Garrido — appeared in People Magazine as part of a story about the case.
The publicity gave many the false impression that she had profited substantially from the story, Hanes said.
The family received some money for interviews, but it was not enough to pay for housing
Jaycee and her two girls, or the long-term counseling they need to recover, Hanes said. She said a church member, a police officer who has been counseling the Dugards, first told her about their financial situation.
"(The church member) just said 'Let's be praying for them. It's as bad a situation as we've seen,' " Hanes said.
A fund was started to help pay the $2,500 monthly rent for the home chosen by law enforcement for its location away from the public eye.
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_14344736?nclick_check=1

By Robert Salonga
Contra Costa Times

Posted: 02/05/2010 05:03:45 PM PST
Updated: 02/06/2010 05:12:29 AM PST
MARTINEZ — Jeffrey Tice, a 29-year-old registered sex offender, had *advertiser censored* links on his computer and beer in the fridge, both violations of his parole, authorities said.
He lay on his sofa arguing with a team of sheriff's deputies and state parole agents in his apartment about why he shouldn't be arrested.
But the officers weren't there to entertain his thoughts. They handcuffed him and led him outside to a van headed for County Jail.
The arrest was one of more than two dozen made Thursday and Friday during a countywide sweep aimed at ensuring registered sex offenders were abiding by the terms of their parole or probation. Law enforcement agencies from throughout the county participated, as did state parole agents and U.S. marshals, with the operation coordinated by the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities made 29 arrests for various offenses, including probation violations, drug offenses and possession of child *advertiser censored*. One offender had been operating a methamphetamine lab, authorities said.
The sweep had particular significance in the aftermath of the Jaycee Dugard case, which last fall shone an unforgiving international spotlight on the failures of county, state and federal authorities to find Dugard, who authorities said spent 18 years after she was kidnapped in 1991 living in the backyard of registered sex offender Phillip Garrido near Antioch.
"That was a learning experience for the entire criminal ustice system," sheriff's Capt. Daniel Terry said.Terry said the sheriff's officers intermittently conduct the sweeps to supplement routine compliance checks by state parole agents, who were on hand for this week's operation in significantly larger numbers than they had been previously.
"What the Garrido case did is get the state involved," Terry said. "It opened eyes at the state level ... it's one reason we had such a heavy contribution. It used to be minimal at best. But sometimes you take a step back and refocus your priorities."
This week's sweep by more by than 100 officers targeted 200 registered sex offenders, whose homes and persons can be searched with impunity because of their parole and probation status. Officers came equipped with portable terminals capable of detecting unlawful material hidden on a computer and real-time online tracking of offenders via Global Positioning System anklets.
About 1,700 sex offenders are registered in Contra Costa County, and 300 in unincorporated areas under the direct jurisdiction of the sheriff's office, a group that included Garrido. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_14343820

Feb 11, 2010 11:55 am US/Pacific
Prosecutor Says Dugard Nixed Contact With Garridos

The Northern California couple charged with kidnapping and raping Jaycee Dugard is trying "to continue to control" her through lawyers and the news media, according to a prosecutor
In the court filing, Pierson described a plan that Phillip Garrido allegedly had hatched to stay in contact with Dugard if he was ever arrested. Dugard told prosecutors that Garrido instructed her to request an attorney who could communicate directly with his.

Pierson said Dugard has "emphatically stated to our office that she does not want any contact with the defendants or their attorneys."

http://cbs5.com/local/dugard.garrido.contact.2.1488479.html

PLACERVILLE, CA - In new court documents just released in the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case, the El Dorado County District Attorney's Office provides a glimpse into Dugard's journal while she was held captive in the backyard of Phillip and Nancy Garrido.
"I am afraid he doesn't see how the things he says makes me a prisoner . . . Why don't I have control of my life!" Dugard wrote in an entry from 2004.
The excerpts were released as the district attorney's office filed a motion Thursday opposing several requests made by defense attorneys for Phillip and Nancy Garrido.
In the filing made to El Dorado County Superior Court, Deputy District Attorney James Clinchard opposed a defense motion to allow Phillip and Nancy Garrido to visit each other and motions for discovery. People Opposition to Visitation
Clinchard also filed a request for a protection order to prevent the Garridos from requesting visitation with Jaycee Dugard and her daughters, who were fathered by Phillip Garrido. Protective Order

http://www.news10.net/news/pdf/021110-Garrido-Protective-Order.pdf
http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=75129&catid=2

Jaycee's journal: 'I want to be free'
By Ann O'Neill and Stephanie Chen, CNN
February 11, 2010 4:44 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- Jaycee Dugard kept a journal during 18 years of captivity, at times writing about how she yearned for freedom, court documents filed Thursday reveal.

"It feels like I'm sinking," she wrote in 2004, when she was 24 and being kept with her two daughters in the backyard of Phillip and Nancy Garrido. "I'm afraid I want control of my life. ... This is supposed to be my life to do what I like."

"How can I ever tell him I want to be free," she wrote a year earlier. "Free to come and go as I please. ... Free to say I have a family. I will never cause him pain if it's in my power to prevent it. FREE."

The journal entries were revealed in court papers filed Thursday by prosecutors, who are trying to keep Dugard's current location secret.

more here

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/11/jaycee.dugard.journal/index.html

'Jaycee's Journal: "I want to be free."'

(CNN) -- Jaycee Dugard kept a journal during 18 years of captivity, at times writing about how she yearned for freedom, court documents filed Thursday reveal.

"It feels like I'm sinking," she wrote in 2004, when she was 24 and being kept with her two daughters in the backyard of Phillip and Nancy Garrido. "I'm afraid I want control of my life. ... This is supposed to be my life to do what I like."

"How can I ever tell him I want to be free," she wrote a year earlier. "Free to come and go as I please. ... Free to say I have a family. I will never cause him pain if it's in my power to prevent it. FREE."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/11/jaycee.dugard.journal/index.html?hpt=T2

Court Docs: Jaycee Does Not Want To See Garridos
Court Documents Also Reveal Some Of Jaycee's Journal Entries
Feb 11, 2010 11:14 am US/Pacific
<snipped>
New court documents reveal that Jaycee Lee Dugard wants nothing to do with her alleged captors, Phillip and Nancy Garrido. The documents also reveal some of Jaycee's journal entries during her time in captivity. El Dorado District Attorney Vern Pierson, says in court documents he filed today, that Dugard opposes any contact with Garrido. The documents also outline an elaborate plan by Garrido to keep in contact with Dugard if he were ever arrested. According to the documents, Jaycee was to "request an attorney so that his attorney and her attorney could communicate without law enforcement knowledge".

Pierson says Jaycee has emphatically stated that she does not want any contact with the Garridos, and that she wants her privacy protected. Although by law, the District Attorney will have to give the names and addresses of potential witness to the defense 30 day prior to trial, he says there is no "good cause" for him to do so now. Pierson also says, at this time, he does not plan to call either of Jaycee's girls as witnesses.

*Much more at link!

The DA provided examples from Jaycee's journal during her captivity to make his point.
On July 16, 1993 Jaycee wrote: "I got (a cat) for my birthday from Phil and Nancy...they did something for me that no one else would do for me, they paid 200 dollars just so I could have my own kitten."

The DA also provided more examples of what he called Garrido's control over Jaycee. On Sept. 5, 2003 Jaycee wrote: "I don't want to hurt him....sometimes I think my very presence hurts him...so how can I ever tell him how I want to be free. Free to come and go as I please...Free to say I have a family. I will never cause him pain if it's in my power to prevent it. FREE."

And on July 5, 2004 Jaycee wrote: "It feels like I'm sinking. I'm afraid I want control of my life...this is supposed to be my life to do with what I like...but once again he has taken it away. How many times is he allowed to take it away from me? I am afraid he doesn't see how the things he says makes me a prisoner...Why don't I have control of my life! I feel I can't even be sure my thoughts are my own..."

Video: Dugard Diary Shows Conflicted Emotion On Captivity 2/11//10 10:22pm
http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=68146@kovr.dayport.com

Video: Dugard Diary Shows Conflicted Emotion On Captivity 2/11//10 5:50pm
http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=68135@kovr.dayport.com

Video: Court Docs: Jaycee Jaycee Does Not Want To See Garridos 2/11//10 12:48am
http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=68124@kovr.dayport.com

Read Jaycee's Motion: Opposition To Visitation Released: 2/11/10
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/opposition to visitation.pdf

Article:
http://cbs13.com/local/jaycee.journal.entries.2.1488268.html

Jaycee Lee Dugard wants nothing to do with Garrido, DA says
Published: Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010 - 10:33 am
Last Modified: Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010 - 6:29 pm
<snipped>
Phillip Garrido contrived an elaborate plan to keep in contact with Jaycee Lee Dugard through attorneys if he ever was arrested, but she told the El Dorado County district attorney Monday that she's "not following the plan" and wants no contact with her alleged kidnapper and rapist.

The startling claims are outlined in a court filing by the district attorney made today to oppose a motion by Garrido's lawyer that she be given the whereabouts of Dugard, who is in seclusion.

She gave birth to two daughters and was given the name "Alyssa," the documents state. The documents say the three were told "to run to the hidden backyard if anyone ever came to the door; a cover story where, if questioned, (Dugard) was instructed to tell people that the girls were hers and that she was okay with them being around Phillip Garrido; and most importantly, a plan that if Phillip Garrido was ever arrested that (Dugard) was to request an attorney so that his attorney and her attorney could communicate without law enforcement knowledge."

The district attorney's office said it wanted the judge to issue an immediate protective order preventing any contact by the defendants or their attorneys with Dugard and her children.

"He is still attempting to exert that control," Pierson's office wrote. "It is time for the Court to put an end to those attempts to manipulate and control his victims and the court system."

*Much more at link!

Read court documents in the Garrido case (.pdf)
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2010/02/11/10/ProtectiveOrder021110.source.prod_affiliate.4.pdf

Article:
http://www.sacbee.com/eldorado/story/2530191.html

Jaycee's journal: 'I want to be free'
Posted on February 11, 2010 at 7:32 PM
<snipped>
Jaycee Dugard kept a journal during 18 years of captivity, at times writing about how she yearned for freedom, court documents filed Thursday reveal. In their court papers, prosecutors objected to Phillip Garrido's attempt to arrange visits with Dugard's daughters.

"Incredibly, the defense attempts to support their motion with claims that 'the children were raised as the children of Nancy and Phillip Garrido and all five held themselves out to be a family,' " the prosecutor wrote. "Incredibly, the defense fails to recognize that [Dugard] and her children were not their 'family' but were in fact captives -- they were victims," prosecutors wrote.

The papers revealed new details about Dugard's years in captivity in the Garridos' ramshackle Antioch, California, home. During her first year of captivity, Dugard never left the shed where she was held. She didn't leave the backyard for the first four years.

Last month, the defense wrote Dugard a letter, according to a court declaration from District Attorney Vern Pierson. "Mr. Garrido has asked me to convey that he doesn't harbor any ill will toward [her] or the children and loves them very much," the letter stated, according to Pierson's declaration. The letter upset Dugard, Pierson wrote, adding that she told him she saw it as "another way of manipulating" her.

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.kens5.com/news/CNN-84183232.html

Dugard diary shows conflicted emotions in captivity
Published: Feb. 11, 2010
Updated: 6:03 p.m.
<snipped>
Jaycee Lee Dugard, the former Orange County resident who was kidnapped as a child and held prisoner for 18 years, kept a diary in which she wrote of longing for freedom and feeling both emotionally trapped and protective of the man charged with raping her, court documents filed Thursday show. The motion came in response to papers filed last week by the Garridos' defense lawyers trying to force prosecutors to tell them where Dugard is living and if she has a lawyer. A hearing is set for Feb. 26.

Dugard family spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer had no comment on the latest legal developments.

The documents also reveal new details about Dugard's captivity, saying she was kept "as a prisoner" in a building in a hidden compound inside the backyard of the Garridos' Antioch-area home for the first 18 months after her abduction then prohibited from leaving the yard for the first four years. She was given the name "Alyssa" to tell people if they asked.

Since Garrido's arrest, he has tried repeatedly to put the plan into action, Pierson said. On the day he was arrested and Dugard's identity was revealed, Garrido advised her to get a lawyer. The next month, Garrido sent a letter to a Sacramento television station stating he wanted to reach Dugard "by attorney mail only."

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/dugard-233936-garrido-wrote.html

Prosecutor: Garrido attempt to contact Dugard is manipulation
February 11, 2010
<snipped>
As recently as Jan. 28, Garrido allegedly attempted to control Dugard through a letter sent by his lawyer, District Attorney Vern Pierson said in his motion. Garrido&#8217;s lawyer also has sought to find out where Dugard is living with her two daughters, fathered by Garrido, Pierson said.

In the letter to Dugard, Gellman said: &#8220;Mr. Garrido has asked me to convey that he does not harbor any ill will toward (Dugard) or the children and loves them very much.&#8221; Pierson said this message was an attempt to exert his control, and an effort to force her to follow a plan for behavior he had established when Dugard lived behind the Antioch, Calif., home Garrido shared with his wife, Nancy

Pierson asked the court for a protective order to prevent any contact from Garrido, and said the defense does not have a right to a video or photos of Dugard and her daughters.

He also objected to motions filed by Phillip and Nancy Garrido&#8217;s lawyers asking the court to allow the couple to visit each other in jail.

Garrido&#8217;s lawyers objected to the protective order, and El Dorado Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister said this afternoon he would not issue an immediate protective order and said he would take up the issue at a hearing on Feb. 26.

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.rgj.com/article/20100211...ido-attempt-to-contact-Dugard-is-manipulation

Dugard's journal a cry for freedom, court papers show
Friday, Feb. 12, 2010 - 12:00 am
<snipped>
Two years after she was reported kidnapped from her neighborhood near South Lake Tahoe, Jaycee Lee Dugard sat down to write in her journal.

"I got a (cat) for my birthday from Phil and Nancy," she wrote on July 16, 1993, when she was 13. "(T)hey did something for me that no one else would do for me, they paid 200 dollars just so I could have my own kitten."

Now, attorneys for the Garridos are seeking court permission for the couple to talk in jail as they prepare for trial. Susan Gellman, who is representing Phillip Garrido, also has asked for Dugard's location so she can be contacted. The district attorney is fighting the request.

Pierson's filings claim that Garrido concocted a plan to keep in contact with Dugard through attorneys if he ever was arrested. The documents state that Dugard told Pierson on Monday that she's "not following the plan," and wants no contact.

The prosecution documents filed Thursday paint a chilling version of family life with the Garridos, saying Dugard was kept in the backyard for four years and for 18 months of that time never left one of the outbuildings.

*More at link!

Article:
http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2531879.html

Jaycee Dugard's Journal: Mental Anguish
California Woman Held Captive 18 Years Recorded Yearnings for Freedom, Some Affinity for Captor
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 12, 2010
<snipped>
District Attorney Vern Pierson said Dugard's writings show that Phillip Garrido controlled her in the past and was trying to exert continued psychological pressure on her from jail.

Dugard, now 29, has "emphatically stated to our office that she does not want any contact with the defendants or their attorneys," Pierson said in the documents. "The people ask this court to protect Ms. Doe and to, once and for all, put an end to the defendant's manipulation."

He also described a plan that Phillip Garrido allegedly hatched to stay in contact with Dugard if he was ever arrested. Dugard told prosecutors Garrido instructed her to request an attorney who could communicate directly with his "without law enforcement knowledge," the papers state.

Phillip Garrido's lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Susan Gellman, wrote in an e-mail that contacting a witness to determine what happened is part of her job as a defense attorney, and the information she has been seeking is a matter of routine in criminal cases.

"For the district attorney to hint that it is somehow improper or nefarious is disingenuous to say the least," Gellman wrote. "I am not the 'tool' of any man, as he has been intimated in today's filing."

Nancy Garrido's court-appointed defense lawyer Stephen Tapson did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

*More at link!

Video: Reform Vowed after Garrido's Shoddy Parole
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/11/earlyshow/main5966028.shtml

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/12/national/main6200431.shtml?tag=contentBody;cbsCarousel

GMA~Jaycee Dugard Diary: Prosecutors Hope Passages Lead to Restraining Order
Expert Says Heartbreaking Journal Entrys Show Need for Long-Term Therapy

Feb. 12, 2010
<snipped>
The words were heartbreaking: a young girl pleading in her journal for her freedom after enduring years of sexual and psychological abuse.

Former FBI agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett said it doesn't surprise him that the man who spent nearly two decades crafting a relationship of dependency and fear would have had a plan to control his alleged victim even if they were separated.

"Two things happen. He creates dependency and control. That's how he was successful in keeping her for 18 years in one location," Garrett told "Good Morning America" today. "Apparently, he had told her that if ... he gets arrested at some point ... she should hire an attorney and that attorney could communicate directly with him."

Like other kidnapping victims who have formed attachments to their captors, Dugard's seemingly conflicting feelings of being trapped yet not wanting to hurt Garrido are typical. "It will take a lot of therapy to break through that," Garrett said.

For her part, Dugard is further attempting to distance herself from her former captor. She has decided to rename her daughters, changing the names Angel and Starlit that Garrido chose for them.

WATCH: New Revelations in Jaycee Dugard Case 5:16
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/revelations-jaycee-dugard-case-9816286

Related
Dugard Kept a Journal, Longing for Freedom
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9809975

Massive Failures Admitted in Jaycee Case
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/phillip-g...ailed-jaycee-dugard-scathing/story?id=9002988

The Lost Chances to Rescue Jaycee Dugard
http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ga...missed-chances-rescue-jaycee/story?id=8996499

Sowell and Garrido: Broken Parole System?
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/anthony-sowell-philip-garrido-cases-raise-questions-sex/story?id=8976114

Former Garrido Victim Faces 'Creepy' Attacker in Court
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/katie-hall-phillip-garrido-victim-faces-garrido-court/story?id=8952626

'Half Art, Half Science': Age-Progression Images Help Find Missing Kids
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ah...found-age-progression-images/story?id=8830185

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jaycee-dugard-diary-breaking-free/story?id=9816246

George Warren
bullet1.gif
1 hr ago SACRAMENTO, CA - An eleventh-hour attempt by the state of California to block the public release of Phillip Garrido's parole records has failed.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation had resisted attempts by several news media organizations to gain access to records relating to Garrido's parole supervision. Garrido is charged with kidnapping, raping and holding Jaycee Dugard in his back yard for 18 years while he was on federal and state parole.
Last Friday, Sacramento Superior Court Judge Patrick Marlette gave the CDCR and the state Office of the Inspector General until today to release a number of Garrido's parole records. Marlette said he would review other documents, considered more sensitive, for possible release next month.
more at link: http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=75228&catid=2

By John Simerman
Contra Costa Times

Posted: 02/12/2010 09:37:34 PM PST
Updated: 02/12/2010 10:41:47 PM PST
It took nearly a year for state parole agents to account for the fact Phillip Garrido was a sex offender. By then, in 2000, the first California parole agent to supervise him had recommended his discharge from a lifetime parole term from Nevada, and seemed to want him off his caseload."On parole from NV for life. (Why did I take this case?)," the agent writes in parole logs that state corrections officials released Friday night under a court order.
Two months later, the agent again recommended Garrido for discharge.
There would be three more requests over the years for the man authorities say kidnapped Jaycee Dugard with his wife, Nancy, and repeatedly raped her in a hidden backyard compound and fathered Jaycee's two girls.
The pages of often sketchy, sometimes illegible parole logs describe dozens of visits to the Garrido house on Walnut Avenue near Antioch over the years, and several "visual, cursory" searches of the house, with no reports of trouble. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/sea...s.com-www.contracostatimes.com&nclick_check=1

Newspaper Reports Dugard, Daughters Live in Bay Area
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 5:09 PM EST
Updated: Feb 12, 2010 5:09 PM EST
<snipped>
Sources who have been helping the family say a church called East Bay Fellowship in Danville has been collecting donations and paying Dugard's rent.

One of the pastors says the church will pay rent for a year, but that the family is still in dire need of financial support.

In California, the most any abduction victim ever receives in financial aid from the state is $2,000.

Officials with East Bay Fellowship say you can help out with a financial donation to the Dugard family by calling 925-736-5100.

Article:
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=11978776

CDCR Releases Official Garrido Parole Documents
Feb 12, 2010 6:51 pm US/Pacific
<snipped>
Per court order, the CDCR has released case documents contained in the Parole Field File of Phillip Garrido.

Parole records show Phillip Garrido complained in 2008 about having to wear a monitoring device because he had not been in trouble with the law for 19 years -- nearly as long as he allegedly held Jaycee Dugard captive in his backyard.

The documents released Friday by California corrections officials also show that less than a month before he was arrested last summer, Garrido initialed papers promising not to have contact with girls between 14 and 18 years old.

El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson who is prosecuting the Garrido's released a statement saying the report is a critical first step to identify the problems with supervising dangerous sexual offenders on parole and making changes needed to make sure it does not happen again.

But Pierson says the report fails to address the key question of "why a dangerous sexual predator like Phillip Garrido was released after serving only eleven years of a fifty year federal sentence and a five-to-life Nevada State sentence."

*Much more at link!

Video: CDCR Releases Official Garrido Parole Documents 2/12/10 12:21pm
http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=68207@kovr.dayport.com

Read the official parole documents:
PDF: Document 1
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/m1.pdf

PDF: Document 2
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/m2.pdf

PDF: Document 3
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/m3.pdf

PDF: Document 4
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/mA.pdf

PDF: Document 5
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/mB.pdf

PDF: Document 6
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/mC.pdf

PDF: Document 7
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2010/2/mD.pdf

The CDCR released this statement regarding the documents:
"Immediately after the apprehension of Phillip Garrido, the department conducted an internal review and cooperated fully with an investigation conducted by the California Office of the Inspector General. Improvements to the state's parole system were made immediately, including requiring agents to conduct a thorough evaluation of a parolees' property. The department also implemented major reforms to its parole system through recently enacted legislation that assesses all parolees' risk to reoffend, and significantly reduces parolee to agent caseloads so agents can focus on the most dangerous of offenders. In addition, the reduced caseloads allow agents to more frequently monitor sex offenders on GPS to hopefully prevent future crimes. Furthermore, the department is in the process of adding field level supervisors and training officers to assist parole agents in their supervision of these individuals."

Article:
http://cbs13.com/breakingnews/jaycee.journal.entries.2.1492171.html

Records: Dugard Said She, Kids Lived With Friends
POSTED: 7:26 pm PST February 12, 2010
UPDATED: 11:34 pm PST February 12, 2010
<snipped>
According to a report about the day Garrido, wife Nancy, Jaycee Dugard and her two children came to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's parole office in Concord, Dugard initially identified herself as Allissa Franzen and told an officer she and her children lived "at different friends homes and occasionally at Garrido home."

Dugard told the officer she knew Garrido had taken her children to UC Berkeley and was aware of his arrest for raping a woman in the 1970s. "Allissa advised she felt completely safe with her kids around Garrido. At this time she refused to answer any questions and that she needed a lawyer," the report says.

According to the documents, Garrido admitted to his parole agent that day: "A long, long, long long time ago, I kidnapped and raped her." "I asked him if Jaycee knew where her parents were, and he said, somewhere in Los Angeles," the agent wrote in the report.

Although the paperwork doesn't include personnel records or medical or psychological records, the documents make reference to prescription medication and group meetings. "(Garrido) was acting very strange, weird to say the least by ranting on about God and loudly saying songs, other than that, nothing out of the ordinary," an agent wrote in June 2008.

Agents often made a "brief visual cursory search" of the Garrido residence, the documents showed, and in June 2008, Garrido was found with "12 year ols female neice (sic)."

Garrido was scheduled to be discharged from parole in December 2009.

Video: Records Give Insight Into Garrido's Parole
http://www.kcra.com/video/22553631/index.html

Video: Prosecutors: Dugard Wrote Of Desire For Freedom
http://www.kcra.com/video/22539101/index.html

Video: Garrido's Lawyer Requests Dugard's Address
http://www.kcra.com/video/22481286/index.html

Video: Dugard's Daughters Get Birth Certificates
http://www.kcra.com/video/22353522/index.html

PDF: Garrido CDCR Parole Documents
http://www.kcra.com/news/22553271/detail.html

GARRIDO'S PAROLE
Watchdog: Agent Saw 12-Year-Old In Garrido Home
http://www.kcra.com/news/21521622/detail.html

PDF: Garrido's Federal Parole Documents
http://www.kcra.com/download/2009/1005/21210542.pdf

Inspector General Focuses On Garrido Case
http://www.kcra.com/news/21141220/detail.html

Video: Source Says Parole Agent Didn't Do Job
http://www.kcra.com/video/20913668/index.html

Video: DA Praises Garrido Parole Agent
http://www.kcra.com/video/20905035/index.html

Video: Who Was Supervising Phillip Garrido?
http://www.kcra.com/video/20843830/index.html

Video: Garrido Wore GPS Bracelet
http://www.kcra.com/video/20696564/index.html

Video: Parole Agent Praised In Dugard Discovery
http://www.kcra.com/video/20604414/index.html

GPS For Parolees Sparks Criticism
http://www.kcra.com/news/20696163/detail.html

Article:
http://www.kcra.com/news/22552232/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online