Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have police reports, but there are numerous news reports from 2005. Since this happened more than 15 years ago, I'm assuming I should open the thread in the 'Cold Cases' forum?

Yes you can open a new thread based on old main stream media MSM news reports. If you need help let me know or post here.

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I joined the site a few months ago but was too busy to dig in. I'm a semi-retired TV editor, fledgling writer and bachelor. For the past 10 years I've been running my own private investigation of my dad's 1972 murder cold case. Since 2018, things have really been heating up. I've uncovered some quite startling information and it just keeps coming. I'm currently leaning hard on the San Francisco Police Department and the District Attorney to re-open the case, which they closed under suspicious circumstances. I've still got a lot of loose ends to tie up. After reading "I'll Be Gone In The Dark" by Michelle McNamara, I realized that I could have really used some help before, and for damn sure, I could use some now. Hoping to get some insight and help from the community of sleuths here and maybe share a thing or two that I've learned. Cheers!

Hi, all. I have finally joined but have been lurking for over 10 years (not a typo). I am a 45 y/o RN from MO, and have followed many, many cases over the years, and look forward to being a more active participant here.

Hi, all. I have finally joined but have been lurking for over 10 years (not a typo). I am a 45 y/o RN from MO, and have followed many, many cases over the years, and look forward to being a more active participant here.
Welcome to WS AlexaOctopus, give those tentacles a stretch!

I am local to this case and I am doing local research, reaching out to local sources to attempt to gain information from them and work with them, set up and do interviews with family and friends (when they will agree to it, so far on other cases I've had a lot of success with interviews, but no one has wanted to appear on camera, yet), local photography and video of the locations, editing, video production, etc.

What I am hoping to find is someone who is good at the actual WEB research, who can follow up and do the deep dive online research on the information and leads that I uncover. My skills in doing the deep dive web research leave much to be desired, and the type of research I am doing takes up most of my free time.

Maybe I should say hello, too. I actually joined late last year. I was at a yard sale earlier last year, and someone made some comments about a nearly 20 year old missing person cold case that really creeped me out. He obviously hated the woman who disappeared, said he was glad she was dead, and went on a rant about her. I was thinking about that incident and started looking up articles on that case, then found this forum and posted here about what he said. Every once in a while I check in to see if there are any updates and look at other cases, too.

This forum is intriguing, yet more than a little overwhelming. It's hard to read about some of the crimes. I just checked out The Charley Project and was amazed that there are so many missing people. I'm glad this site exists, because so many people need help and closure. And I'll probably be back to read more, learn more, and occasionally put my two cents' worth in. Hello!

Hey everyone,

I joined a couple of months ago but this is my first post. I am mostly just nosey and not interested in any one particular case. I am from NJ so the case of Dulce Maria Alavez has me all fired up - that poor little sweetheart. I also have been trying to stay informed on the more recent Gabby Petito case. Going to check out some more threads on that one now actually. I hope she is found safe. I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, stay safe out there.

Hey everyone,

I joined a couple of months ago but this is my first post. I am mostly just nosey and not interested in any one particular case. I am from NJ so the case of Dulce Maria Alavez has me all fired up - that poor little sweetheart. I also have been trying to stay informed on the more recent Gabby Petito case. Going to check out some more threads on that one now actually. I hope she is found safe. I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, stay safe out there.

Welcome to WS @ewwdavid. I'm following two cases in NJ and we're always pulling our hair out because there's very little public access to NJ criminal court dockets. We just want to have access to the docket for calendar purposes and I usually end up having to phone or message an investigative reporter to get updates. Once a case goes through disposition, the court records are publicly available but I have no interest when it's all over!

Gabby Petito's case is a heartbreaker. I don't feel so good about that one.

The NJ cases I'm following are Colts Neck family homicide (defendant Paul Caneiro), and Carolyn Byington murder - Plainsboro (defendant Kenneth Saal).

Cheers!

Hello everyone! Avid true crime follower here. Just want to help where I can and read about new and familiar cases. From Missouri.

Hello all.

My name is Peter, I am 49 years old and from Northumberland, UK.

I stumbled upon this place while investigating the dissapearance (and ultimately the death) of a friend.

I'm not sure what to expect from this forum but I'm glad to be here nonetheless.

Hello all!

I've been interested in true crime for many, many years (nothing new or groundbreaking there), and I am from British Columbia, Canada. I am a former corrections nurse and am now finishing up my paralegal diploma.
I have a particular interest in the Highway of Tears cases, as both a British Columbian and a First Nations woman.

I'm not sure where to start with posting, as there is so much to read and catch up on but I am sure I will get there! Looking forward to getting to know the forum and helping in anyway I can!

Greetings Everyone! Glad to be a part of this website with so many great like minds! I have a long background in law enforcement and currently work as a private investigator in my state. In my spare time I work with K9's enjoy a good mystery hunt. I hope that working together we can help solve a case for a family in desperate need of answers!
JM

Hello Everyone,

First time here, I just read about this site in a book. I really enjoy this kind of thing, true crime, I mean. I look forward to learning a lot here!

Thanks, everyone for having me!

-Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members